PDA

View Full Version : Kaboodle

Medusa
09-14-2004, 03:14 PM
Hi there,
Well, I took Possum's sister Kaboodle (both are feral) in yesterday to be spayed and I stopped in the vet's after work to pick her up and they told me that the doc wants to keep her another day. Some of her stitches came out. I was quite annoyed because I told them repeatedly to call me on my cell phone and, of course, they left a message on my land line instead. Lot of good that does me, eh? Can't answer my phone if I'm at work. Poor li'l Kaboodle was sitting in the litterbox crying. Possum came through w/flying colors and hopefully, I'll be able to bring Kaboodle home tomorrow and give her lots of TLC. I was so upset that I faxed a scathing letter to all the vets at the clinic and told them, essentially, that their staff stinks and to fix it! My old vet, who has retired, never would have allowed that to happen. And he would've made the call himself. But that's the difference between a vet and a healer, at least in my opinion. These cats have it rough enough, living outdoors w/all the dangers that go w/it.

Anyhow, sorry for the rant. I was just looking foward to holding my little Kaboodle on my lap and hearing her purr. Gonna eat my dinner in the garage w/her then so she'll feel safer. Tomorrow...

Blessings,
Mary

carole
09-18-2004, 09:21 PM
I agree with you Mary that stinks, that they did not contact you by mobile phone, I am glad you gave them a good scolding, hopefully it won't happen again, by now your dear little Kaboodle will be snuggled up beside you, and getting well, you are a special person indeed.,to take care of these precious babies, another one of our pet saints on PT.,looking forward to hearing about all your lovely rescued furbabies and your own as well.

Medusa
09-19-2004, 03:21 AM
Kaboodle is doing great now! She was so stressed that I felt I wasn't doing her any good by keeping her in the garage any longer than necessary. So, once I was sure that the stitches were secure, I carried her outside to the front porch where her babies were and what a reunion! She just flopped down on her side as though she wanted to nurse them and they were all over her, Possum's kittens, too! I backed away and she looked at me as if to say "Thanks, this is what I needed." When I look out the window, all 7 babies are snuggled together w/her in adorable kitty piles. So all is well.

I'm leaving for LA this morning for a week; visiting my son. So I won't be on the boards much. But my critter sitter will keep me informed and, if there are any new developments, I'll be sure to post.

Blessings,
M