PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #72 --field Trip!!!!!

RICHARD
09-14-2004, 02:19 PM
On the suggestion of a very good friend, one with a stellar reputation, it has been decided that this Thursday we are taking to the road and going on a trip to the.......

http://www.curtis-a.com/gcanyon01psts/grandcanyon01.html

The drink of the day is Lemonade....

We can't have any of you falling over the side or off the donkeys
on the way down....

The bar officially opens tomorrow, so get your walkin' shoes and shorts ready!!

Mario,
I have a nice cowboy hat for you!!!

See y'all tomorrow!

catland
09-14-2004, 02:39 PM
Road Trip!!!!

I'll be there:D

dukedogsmom
09-14-2004, 02:43 PM
Wow! What beautiful photos on that site! I've never been to the Grand Canyon before so this should be a real treat. Do we get to ride a donkey into the canyon? I can't wait to see Mario on one.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-14-2004, 03:24 PM
WHOA! I get dizzy just looking at the pictures. I'll stay on top swilling lemonade and taking pictures from a distance.

I don't envy you with Mario on a donkey! It will be like trying to keep Jello in the saddle. Take plenty of extra diapers!:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-14-2004, 03:53 PM
Yippeee!!! I've always wanted to see the Grand Canyon from the back of a donkey! No, really, I have! It just think that would be sooo cool! I'll be there! :D

RICHARD
09-14-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces

I don't envy you with Mario on a donkey! It will be like trying to keep Jello in the saddle. Take plenty of extra diapers!:D

I think you just don't want to be seen with Mario in a pair of chaps and a diaper.

:confused:

Corinna
09-14-2004, 07:44 PM
Yahooo a feild trip. is this gioing to be as much fun as last years plane trip?

Curtis
09-14-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Wow! What beautiful photos on that site!

Thank you.

Curtis

davidpizzica
09-14-2004, 10:46 PM
WHOA! I get dizzy just looking at the pictures. I'll stay on top swilling lemonade and taking pictures from a distance.

I don't envy you with Mario on a donkey! It will be like trying to keep Jello in the saddle. Take plenty of extra diapers!:D Connie, I'll swill lemonade with you, because I don't think I could get on one of those blankety- blank mules!! Also being behind Mario isn't exactly a thrill, either!

gini
09-14-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Curtis
Thank you.

Curtis

PRETTY FUNNY!!!!

RICHARD, WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!!

I have never been to Grand Canyon either and I would love to see it. Look, Mario can ride with me on my donkey, that way there can be two jellos on one donkey and maybe you won't notice which one jiggles the most!:D :D

Lemonade! Alright! As long as there is something stronger as a reward at the end of the ride. However, I will probably have to *sit* in mine, my bum will be so sore.

Put me in for a reservation, please!

KYS
09-14-2004, 11:17 PM
Lemonade sounds wonderful.
I'll bring snacks.

I would love to go to Grand Canyon!
But....... I am not standing at the edge.

wolflady
09-14-2004, 11:29 PM
Count me in! I have never been there either! I tell you what, this is just what I need after the hectic week I've had at work! I'll have my backpack and walkin' shoes ready first thing in the mornin'! ;)

davidpizzica
09-15-2004, 03:02 AM
I'll go dowm! they have mules with handicap license plates??

lbaker
09-15-2004, 07:11 AM
I've been there and long to go back so sign me up. I can stand at the edge as long as there is a railing but if not.. NOT. Don't mind a donkey ride but not down that trail... no railings and I hyperventalate at heights. I'll take one of those little planes and meet you guys down there. I'll have a camp site set up by the time your poor sore bums hit the bottom (as it were ;) )

davidpizzica
09-15-2004, 08:07 AM
Laurie, This will be my 3rd. horse(mule?) ride in my life! Counting the pony rides at Kennywood Park! Do you think we will be walking like old cow hands at the bottom??

lbaker
09-15-2004, 08:20 AM
Mule, donkey, horse or burro... butt cramps all around by the time you reach the ol' end of the trail. Worth it though, just to say you have done it. The river at the bottom of the canyon is cool and refreshing and dipping into it will do wonders for sore feet and, ahem, other body parts ;) Yippee tie yeay partner. Happy trails to you.

davidpizzica
09-15-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by lbaker
Mule, donkey, horse or burro... butt cramps all around by the time you reach the ol' end of the trail. Worth it though, just to say you have done it. The river at the bottom of the canyon is cool and refreshing and dipping into it will do wonders for sore feet and, ahem, other body parts ;) Yippee tie yeay partner. Happy trails to you. Laurie, I'll consider it therapy for the knee. And other parts of the anatomy!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-15-2004, 10:45 AM
I want to take pictures of you all before you head down. Some BEFORE and AFTER! I also plan to take a few from behind as you head down!

The lemonade is great. I think I'll indulge in a hot dog or two while you are gone. How long does it take to get down and back up the canyon? How many hot dogs do we have?:D

lbaker
09-15-2004, 10:53 AM
Hey MOFF, want to fly down with me and meet them at the bottom? I thought we could all have a slumber party tonight and watch the sun set over the Canyon walls. Breathtaking colors and the sunrise in the morning is every bit as spectacular. The morning air can make one quite giddy actually. It's all cyber so it's perfectly safe don't forget.

davidpizzica
09-15-2004, 11:07 AM
I want to take pictures of you all before you head down. Some BEFORE and AFTER! I also plan to take a few from behind as you head down!

The lemonade is great. I think I'll indulge in a hot dog or two while you are gone. How long does it take to get down and back up the canyon? How many hot dogs do we have?:D Connie, do you want to see who does or doesn't survive? I think that we all will be walking like Mario when we get down there!!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-15-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by david p
Connie, do you want to see who does or doesn't survive? I think that we all will be walking like Mario when we get down there!! Yep! I may need photos to verify who went! They do that at Silver Dollar City in Branson, Mo. before you go into the cave.

Laurie, I think even cyber flying may freak me out!
I have actually flown before. Once! in a twin engine plane. I loved it after I got up there but going up and landing took 10 years off my life. :eek: :D

davidpizzica
09-15-2004, 12:14 PM
Yep! I may need photos to verify who went! They do that at Silver Dollar City in Branson, Mo. before you go into the cave.

Laurie, I think even cyber flying may freak me out!
I have actually flown before. Once! in a twin engine plane. I loved it after I got up there but going up and landing took 10 years off my life. :eek: :D Connie, I've only flown twice in my life, and one of those flights was to California. You are right, take-offs and landings can be a little tough.

wolflady
09-15-2004, 12:16 PM
Gosh, after my 2 hour commute to work this morning, I feel like I have been riding a donkey for 3 hours down a canyon! :rolleyes: Ugh!

Could I have a little vodka in my lemonade please! I need something to help me relax a little!

I think before and after pictures are a great idea! Everyone, be sure to let your donkeys, burros...whatever, drink the water...not the spiked beverages. Can you image what could happen if they did! :eek: LOL

davidpizzica
09-15-2004, 12:22 PM
You mean, WE drink the mixed beverages and NOT give them to the mules?? Oh, gee whiz!

RICHARD
09-15-2004, 01:05 PM
http://oasis.fortunecity.com/southend/396/9909grandcyn/990913grandcyn17.html

Good Morning everyone....Ready to go??

Wolflady,
A little vodka for your drink, DONE!

KYS,
Thanks for the snacks....

David,
No Handicapped plates on those asses!

MOFF and Laurie,
how's about a helicopter ride down???

MOFF, save some room for the camp out cookout......

We are having ribs, slaw, beans, chili and cornbread - and dessert is SMORES!!!!

Saddle up!

gini
09-15-2004, 01:17 PM
Uh, saddle up?

(now how in the devil does this thing work - and who wears it - me or the donkey?)

lbaker
09-15-2004, 01:31 PM
Helicopter sounds cool. Only time I was in one I was being transported to the hospital, it would be neat to actually see out this time. If you still are nervous Connie just do a Dorothy in Oz routine and click your heels three times whilst saying "I wish I were at the Pt campsite, I wish I were at the PT campsite". Next thing you know - POOF! There you'll be. Boy oh boy do I have a breakfast planned for the first morning we wake up.. take your choice

Cowboy breakfast #1 includes - Cowboy coffee, sausage, donuts, pigs in a blanket, steak sandwiches, breakfast tacos, hot pancakes, milk, orange juice, flaky biscuits and the best gravy this side of the Pecos!
or

Cowboy breakfast #2 includes - fresh scrambled eggs, hot sourdough biscuits, sliced bacon & sausage, cream gravy & jellies, orange juice, Cowboy coffee
(upgradable to a morning Mimosa, Bloody Mary & Screwdriver bar upon request)

OR, pick some from column A and some from column B. We can mix and match.

Gini Gini Gini.... wait until Corinna gets here, I bet she can help you with that saddle... no Gini, you're supposed to be facing the front
:rolleyes:

RICHARD
09-15-2004, 01:46 PM

Gini Gini Gini.... wait until Corinna gets here, I bet she can help you with that saddle... no Gini, you're supposed to be facing the front

Where is Dale Evans when we need her???

Laurie,

How do I get drool marks off the front of my shirt???

lbaker
09-15-2004, 02:16 PM
ARRRRRGH MATEY! I just remembered that September 19th, this Sunday - is National Talk Like a Pirate day (go to www.talklikeapirate.com ) Don't forget to pack up some pirate gear in your saddlebags. Yo ho, yo ho - hoist the anchor me lads, a pirating, camping adventure awaits the hearty.

RICHARD
09-15-2004, 03:53 PM
http://www.thecanyon.com/index.cfm?go=photos

LOOK AT THE COLORS!!

davidpizzica
09-15-2004, 04:07 PM
AAAARRRGGGG. Gini, I limp like I have a wooden leg! Hey! I guess I sort of do have one! (maybe not wooden)

DJFyrewolf36
09-15-2004, 04:07 PM
Connie, I'll swill lemonade with you, because I don't think I could get on one of those blankety- blank mules!! Also being behind Mario isn't exactly a thrill, either!

I just hope Mario doesnt want to start flinging dirt from the back of the donkey :eek:

lynnestankard
09-15-2004, 04:32 PM
Gosh darn it - can someone hold this....this.....donkey still!
I've got to heave my ass up there and it looks a bit difficult.

Oh thanks Gini thats better. Why are you facing the horses rear end?

Really pretty views eh? Thought I was going to miss the trip - only just made it.

Glad I had a very long lemonade (with double vodka!!).

C'mon David hoist the butt - you can do this. There's a step here to make things a little easier. Great going eh?

It's OK Laurie - I have a stuffed parrot on my shoulder and do these huge hoop earrings suit me? NO - I didn't think so!! They keep slapping me in the mouth - ouch!

Hang on while I steer this steer away from Mario - that monkey has a gleam in his eye - I don't trust him one bit!!

Lynne

gini
09-15-2004, 04:37 PM
Oh Lynne, I thought Richard said TURN AROUND, so I did!

I didn't know he meant the donkey was supposed to turn around.

Does anyone know the words to the song DON'T FENCE ME IN?

I'd kinda like to sing it......................

MARIO!!!! Leave the lasso alone ---- NO, NOT THE PARROT...........
OH MARIO.........now look what you have done.

Breakfast - Oh Lord, when is breakfast????

davidpizzica
09-15-2004, 04:40 PM
Thanks, lynne! I think I have what amounts to a wooden (plastic) leg, and I root for the Pittsburgh Pirates baseball team!

lynnestankard
09-15-2004, 05:12 PM
Don't worry Gini - it was a stuffed -parrot now it's stuffed and mangled - although Mario seems to like his new riding pardner!!
Daft Mario!!

Way to go David - a couple of chorus's of 'Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum' and we'll have you buckling and swashing with the best of these scurvey knaves!!
eek: :eek: :eek:

Funny how you get into this pirating lingo isn't it - and we're supposed to be cowboys!! Yeehaw!!

Lynne

davidpizzica
09-15-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
Don't worry Gini - it was a stuffed -parrot now it's stuffed and mangled - although Mario seems to like his new riding pardner!!
Daft Mario!!

Way to go David - a couple of chorus's of 'Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum' and we'll have you buckling and swashing with the best of these scurvey knaves!!
eek: :eek: :eek:

Funny how you get into this pirating lingo isn't it - and we're supposed to be cowboys!! Yeehaw!!

Lynne AYE, MATEY! Everybody will be thinking. "look at that bunch of pirates going into the canyon!"

RICHARD
09-15-2004, 05:43 PM
Lynne,

Double shot, DONE!
----------------------------

Gini,

Don't Fence Me In
by Bing Crosby

Oh, give me land, lots of land under starry skies above
Don't fence me in
Let me ride through the wide open country that I love
Don't fence me in
Let me be by myself in the evenin' breeze
And listen to the murmur of the cottonwood trees
Send me off forever but I ask you please
Don't fence me in

Just turn me loose
Let me straddle my old saddle
Underneath the western skies
On my Cayuse
Let me wander over yonder
Till I see the mountains rise

I want to ride to the ridge
Where the west commences
And gaze at the moon
Till I lose my senses
And I can't look at hovels
And I can't stand fences
Don't fence me in

Oh, give me land, lots of land under starry skies
Don't fence me in
Let me ride through the wide open country that I love
Don't fence me in
Let me be by myself in the evenin' breeze
And listen to the murmur of the cottonwood trees
Send me off forever but I ask you please
Don't fence me in

Just turn me loose
Let me straddle my old saddle
Underneath the western skies
On my Cayuse
Let me wander over yonder
Till I see the mountains rise
Ba boo ba ba boo

I want to ride to the ridge
Where the west commences
And gaze at the moon
Till I lose my senses
And I can't look at hobbles
And I can't stand fences
Don't fence me in

No
Poppa, don't you fence me in

------------------------------------------------------

ARRGHHH!
:)

Corinna
09-15-2004, 06:59 PM
I think I'll stay back at the bar to have linament and STRONG driks ready when you all get back. I do not ride mules and I have a huge fear of drop offs.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-15-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
I just hope Mario doesnt want to start flinging dirt from the back of the donkey :eek: Just hope that it's DIRT he's flinging! :eek:

I had to go put fresh batteries in my ruby slippers so now I can click my heels and go any where! We had thunderstorms this afternoon and our power was off for a while. Ever try to find batteries in the dark? Not fun!

I brought my guitar so we can have an around the fire sing along. Oh, and ghost stories too!

:eek: :D

davidpizzica
09-15-2004, 09:13 PM
Hi, Dorothy-I mean Connie, Are you putting Energizers in your shoes?? bring yor guitar and I'll lend my tenor voice!!

lynnestankard
09-16-2004, 03:28 AM
Richard - what exactly is a **cayuse** as in the 4th verse?
I've always wondered!

Great idea Connie - songs round the camp-fire - trouble is I can't carry a tune in a bucket - friends always tell me to SHUT UP - so I wont be offended when you all shout at me!!!

Well done Gini - now you and the horse are facing the right way you don't look like a 'push-me-pull-you'!!

Lynne

davidpizzica
09-16-2004, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
Richard - what exactly is a **cayuse** as in the 4th verse?
I've always wondered!

Great idea Connie - songs round the camp-fire - trouble is I can't carry a tune in a bucket - friends always tell me to SHUT UP - so I wont be offended when you all shout at me!!!

Well done Gini - now you and the horse are facing the right way you don't look like a 'push-me-pull-you'!!

Lynne Lynne, you can listen to me. I'm a tenor and I sing in the church choir!

lbaker
09-16-2004, 06:39 AM
Push-me-pull-you Arrrrr me wee wench... ya had me laughin' wit dat one. Mario reminds me of Ragtime Cowboy Joe with his silly little cowboy hat trying to lasso a parrot!

How he sings,
Raggy music to his cattle (parrot?)
As he swings
Back and forward in his saddle
On his horse
(A pretty good horse),
Who is syncopated gaited,
And with such a funny meter
To the roar of his repeater.

davidpizzica
09-16-2004, 07:31 AM
Arrrrr me wee wench... ya had me laughin' wit dat one. Mario reminds me of Ragtime Cowboy Joe with his silly little cowboy hat trying to lasso a parrot!

How he sings,
Raggy music to his cattle (parrot?)
As he swings
Back and forward in his saddle
On his horse
(A pretty good horse),
Who is syncopated gaited,
And with such a funny meter
To the roar of his repeater. Laurie, how does Mario keep his pants up in that outfit?! Laurie, I thought you were TOO young to remember that song!

dukedogsmom
09-16-2004, 07:47 AM
My mom used to sing that song to me when I was little. Riding these donkies are sure a lot different than horses. They sure are hard headed. I can't get mine to go more than a few feet at a time. Anyone got a carrot I can dangle in front of him?

lbaker
09-16-2004, 08:10 AM
Mario probably has a banana you could use but somehow I don't think donkeys like bananas :rolleyes:

2nd verse
silly as the 1st

How they run,
When they hear the feller’s gun,
Because the western folks all know:
He’s a hifalootin’, scootin’, shootin’
Son-of-a-gun from Arizona,
Ragtime Cowboy
(Talk about your cowboy),
Ragtime Cowboy Joe.

I hate to bring it up David but I do believe I'm EVEN older than you ;) :p

davidpizzica
09-16-2004, 08:16 AM
Uh, My knee is a month old! The rest of me is 56! But I still like the song!

gini
09-16-2004, 10:52 AM
Ohhhh, Ohhhhhh, Ohhhhh, I am SO SORE! I don't think I will ever be able to stand up straight again! And this donkey named PUSH ME - PULL YOU doesn't like me one bit.

And wouldn't you know? He just loves Mario!

Richard, can we get off the Lemonade thing now?

I am just lovin the songs though.

RICHARD
09-16-2004, 11:26 AM
lynne,

A cayuse is a cowboy name for a horse.:D

catland
09-16-2004, 11:30 AM
well, my mule could use a bath, but the view from here is specatular so it is definately worth the trip.

Am I supposed to be saying ARRRGGH or Yeee-haw - its so confusuling.:rolleyes:

I just wish the haz-mat guys could see this.;)

davidpizzica
09-16-2004, 11:38 AM
Gini, how do you get off of this four legged dirtballl? The view was great, though! I could use a strong lemonade right about now. AAARRRGGGGHHHH!!

lbaker
09-16-2004, 12:28 PM
Catland... how about "arrrrrrgh partner, why don't you rustle up some grub while Mario swabs the poop deck you scurvy dogs" what did I just say?? :confused:

momoffuzzyfaces
09-16-2004, 12:42 PM
Catland... how about "arrrrrrgh partner, why don't you rustle up some grub while Mario swabs the poop deck you scurvy dogs" what did I just say?? :confused:
:confused: Mario is going to swab a poopy deck with a scurvy dog while singing Ragtime Cowboy Joe?

Whoa, I musta missed SOMETHING! :D

Glad to see you all made it down the hill in one piece!:D

dukedogsmom
09-16-2004, 12:43 PM
Too funny! Yep, I'm hurting as well. Haven't ridden in almost two years. Probably won't be able to walk after I get off this donkey. I agree that some spiked up lemonade would definately taste really good! Maybe we should give some to the donkies?

lbaker
09-16-2004, 01:07 PM
Oh MOFF, I'm laughing so hard my cheeks hurt AND NO, I WASN'T EVEN ON A DONKEY :D Once again co-workers are avoiding my area... after all (they must be thinking) it IS Thursday again... poor dear, there she goes..

DJFyrewolf36
09-16-2004, 01:17 PM
Man after hearing about all these donkey problems I think I'm just going to walk...

Hey HEY! Who's throwing rocks! REMUS!!!! Bum cat...

davidpizzica
09-16-2004, 02:18 PM
DDM, those donkeys don't need anything stronger! They're pretty strong already! PHEW!

davidpizzica
09-16-2004, 02:21 PM
:confused: Mario is going to swab a poopy deck with a scurvy dog while singing Ragtime Cowboy Joe?

Whoa, I musta missed SOMETHING! :D

Glad to see you all made it down the hill in one piece!:D Connie, maybe TWO pieces! This interesting therapy for the knee!!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-16-2004, 03:16 PM
Oh MOFF, I'm laughing so hard my cheeks hurt AND NO, I WASN'T EVEN ON A DONKEY :D Once again co-workers are avoiding my area... after all (they must be thinking) it IS Thursday again... poor dear, there she goes..
:D Shucks, they are all probably just jealous that they don't have so much fun at work!

Oh, Oh, Mario wants to take his donkey home with him! :eek:

gini
09-16-2004, 03:24 PM
Mario! You scurvy little poop maker - get back here with that donkey!

Oh, Richard, didn't you bring the portable bar??? Please ....please ????

momoffuzzyfaces
09-16-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by gini
Mario! You scurvy little poop maker - get back here with that donkey!

Oh, Richard, didn't you bring the portable bar??? Please ....please ????
LOL!!!
Ow, now my sides hurt!
(why does the scene from Cat Balou with Lee Marvin, drunk, weaving in the saddle, with the horse spinning in circles, keep coming to mind?) :eek: :D

Corinna
09-16-2004, 04:15 PM
I don't know which is worse my sides hurting from laughter or tremebering my last horse experance. Glad i'm staying at the bar.

catland
09-16-2004, 04:47 PM
I'm glad you're minding the home front Corrina - there's going to be some sore backsides when this day is over.

Are we going to stay long enough for the sunset?

Gini - I haven's seen Richard or his portable bar for a while but sneak over here and I can treat you to what I have in my "water" bottle.;)

Mario has been very good to his donkey all day. I'm sure that Tray wouldn't mind one more member of the household.

Now if we can just get Remus to stop throwing the rocks.:eek:

slick
09-16-2004, 04:56 PM
**clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp**
HEEELLLPPP !!!!!!
THIS DONKEY WON'T STOP!!!! WHOA!! WHOA!!!! NOT SO FAST!!!!!!

**pulls hard on reins**
STOP.....YOU STUPID DONKEY!!!

LOOK OUT BELOW.......

RUN FOR COVER EVERYONE..........

**runs right through the campsite**

HOW DO I MAKE HIM STOP????

**turns around and runs right into Gini**
**falls off donkey and right on top of Gini**

OMG Gini, are you alright?? I'm so sorry. Here, let me help you up!
My gosh you guys saddled up and left in a hurry so I had to follow Mario's poop trail to find you. Oh, my butt hurts so bad from all that bouncing. Oh dear Gini, your chaps are ripped.

dukedogsmom
09-16-2004, 05:02 PM
Hey, at least your donkey is moving! I've had to fight with mine the whole trip. But, it has been fun. Are we staying for the sunset? I think that would be nice. Where is Richard and the portable bar? We could all use a drink.

davidpizzica
09-16-2004, 05:05 PM
:D Shucks, they are all probably just jealous that they don't have so much fun at work!

Oh, Oh, Mario wants to take his donkey home with him! :eek: Connie, a parrot AND a donkey?! Is Mario trying to start his own ZOO?!

gini
09-16-2004, 05:08 PM
Why, Slick, how nice of you to DROP in!!!

What a bunch we are! Richard plans this really nice field trip and all we can do is bump into each other.

However, I swear, it would have been easier to carry that donkey down the canyon! I realized later that Mario was tickling my donkey's rump which made him act so crazy.

slick
09-16-2004, 05:18 PM
I realized later that Mario was tickling my donkey's rump which made him act so crazy
Well he must have been taking lessons from watching Richard scratch Rusty's rump. :D

Psssssttt, guess what? In my backpack I have some Uncle Jose and some mix. Hee Hee Hee Sorry no ice though. Any takers on a slushy to ease those sore aching muscles??

davidpizzica
09-16-2004, 05:21 PM
Gini, how come when everyone gets off of their donkey, they start walking like me?? BTW, are you and Slick all right? You two had quite a tumble!!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-17-2004, 12:36 PM
Connie, a parrot AND a donkey?! Is Mario trying to start his own ZOO?! If he is, I hope he doesn't hear about Chuckie, the 1200 pound gator that got loose from a zoo when Ivan went through. He was last seen swimming in what used to be the zoo's parking lot before it flooded. I can't remember if it was in Alabama or Florida. :eek:

Slick good to see you!

Ok, everyone time to get up. You have to go back UP the trail today, you know!:D

lbaker
09-17-2004, 12:43 PM
Yipppeeee Tai Aiy partners and Aye aye captain. Well me harties, shall we mount up the critters and head three sheets to the wind up the trail ;) boy oh boy is that hot tub going to feel good Cowboy coffee and Grog, how's THAT for a combo meal :rolleyes:

catland
09-17-2004, 12:55 PM
ow- - I'm so sore I can hardly move. Such a headache too - Slick's friend Jose and I had wayyy too much fun last night.:p

C'mon everyone - up and at'em - rise and shine (that's what my mom would always say - <groan>). Anyone see Mario?

dukedogsmom
09-17-2004, 12:59 PM
We have to move already? My rump is just getting some feeling back in it. Am I going to be sore tomorrow! Where is Mario? Maybe he can get my donkey moving. Anyone know how to motivate a donkey?

slick
09-17-2004, 12:59 PM
Oh God, I can't move either. I'm staying right here tucked away in my sleeping bag.

God, look at Laurie....how can anyone be so "perky" in the morning.....;)

gini
09-17-2004, 01:14 PM
Laurie!!! Hush up and go back to sleep...............

I may have to live down here.........I can't even move!

davidpizzica
09-17-2004, 01:15 PM
If he is, I hope he doesn't hear about Chuckie, the 1200 pound gator that got loose from a zoo when Ivan went through. He was last seen swimming in what used to be the zoo's parking lot before it flooded. I can't remember if it was in Alabama or Florida. :eek:

Slick good to see you!

Ok, everyone time to get up. You have to go back UP the trail today, you know!:D Connie, do you mean that we have to ride these four legged fleabags UP the mountain? I was looking around for an elevator! Or maybe you can click your heels three times!!

gini
09-17-2004, 01:25 PM
Well, Connie, you just MAY HAVE TO CLICK YOUR HEELS!!

Look up the trail kids..........there goes Mario WITH ALL OF THE DONKEYS!!!

davidpizzica
09-17-2004, 01:32 PM
Well, Connie, you just MAY HAVE TO CLICK YOUR HEELS!!

Look up the trail kids..........there goes Mario WITH ALL OF THE DONKEYS!!! stranded!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-17-2004, 01:33 PM
Connie, do you mean that we have to ride these four legged fleabags UP the mountain? I was looking around for an elevator! Or maybe you can click your heels three times!!
You brought em down, you have to take em back! OOPS! Looks like Mario solved that problem for you!

Sorry, clicking my heels only works for me. You need your own pair of ruby slippers!
:D

After I get to the top, I can thow them down and you can take turns putting them on and getting out. They are a size 6, by the way.

Laurie may have room in the helicopter.

catland
09-17-2004, 01:35 PM
MARIOOOOOO - please come back little guy.:eek: :eek:

davidpizzica
09-17-2004, 01:36 PM
Connie, could I hold them and click them? I wear a size 12!

catland
09-17-2004, 01:37 PM
?? Has anyone seen Richard? He got all of us into this mess and now he's nowhere to be seen. You don't think he paid Mario to take the donkeys? Thats alot of beer and bananas.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-17-2004, 01:46 PM
Connie, could I hold them and click them? I wear a size 12! You could give it a try!

Yea, where IS Richard? He hasn't been seen for quite a while!:eek:

davidpizzica
09-17-2004, 01:52 PM
Richard got us into this, richard can get us OUT of this!!

slick
09-17-2004, 01:53 PM
I'll bet Richard and Laurie are in that hellllleeeecopter looking down and laughing at us. Hmmmph!!
**slinks down and pulls sleeping bag over head**

lbaker
09-17-2004, 02:00 PM
My helicopter cowboys say they can rig up this HUGE net thingy and scoop you all up to the top. You may look kinda silly all tanged up in a net with arms and legs askew but what the heck. Besides Slick, those helicopter cowboys are easy on the eyes BIG TIME ;) I haven't seen Richard either, he's probably at the bar getting things set up.

davidpizzica
09-17-2004, 02:21 PM
Are there any GIRL cowboy pilots?

slick
09-17-2004, 02:33 PM
My helicopter cowboys say they can rig up this HUGE net thingy and scoop you all up to the top. You may look kinda silly all tanged up in a net with arms and legs askew but what the heck. Besides Slick, those helicopter cowboys are easy on the eyes BIG TIME ;) I haven't seen Richard either, he's probably at the bar getting things set up.
Oh gosh Laurie, I'm there. Does my hair look alright?? Does this mean we all have to hug each other in the net?? I don't have a problem with that! Peeewwww, I guess I'd better find my deodrant!! :eek:

gini
09-17-2004, 02:43 PM
David, there must be a *rush* of women dashing for the helicopter. Be careful you don't get caught up in that and injure your knee. Sorry, but helicopter cowboys are way too cute.

davidpizzica
09-17-2004, 02:43 PM
That will be interesting, Slick! I'm the only guy in this group!!

davidpizzica
09-17-2004, 02:46 PM
David, there must be a *rush* of women dashing for the helicopter. Be careful you don't get caught up in that and injure your knee. Sorry, but helicopter cowboys are way too cute. Gini, I'll try to beat the "rush"

lbaker
09-17-2004, 02:47 PM
I don't know about cowgurl pilots but I do believe I heard Richard sweet talking some saucy wenches into filling in as scullary maids back at the bar - at least until the regular crew shows up. Some of those cowgurls back at the ranch look quite fetching in their chaps and fringed bodices :rolleyes: Don't worry David... we won't let you down. Slick, Slick Slick... what's with the Miss Kitty make-up and hairdo :eek: Gini? Wakey wakey... you don't want to be left behind. This is going be a verrrrrrry interesting trip. hmmmm "Cowboy Pirates" ... sounds like a good name for a rock band :p

catland
09-17-2004, 02:57 PM
Uh - I'm feeling much better and I just found my donkey. I think I'll ride him back up the hill.:eek:

slick
09-17-2004, 03:07 PM
That will be interesting, Slick! I'm the only guy in this group!!
Come on now David, it's every man's dream to be scooped up in a net surrounded by gorgeous women. What more could you ask for???;)
BTW folks, we can't leave poor Mario behind running around with all those a**es? And think of those poor donkeys, they need to come back as well.

davidpizzica
09-17-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by slick
Come on now David, it's every man's dream to be scooped up in a net surrounded by gorgeous women. What more could you ask for???;)
BTW folks, we can't leave poor Mario behind running around with all those a**es? And think of those poor donkeys, they need to come back as well. That's right, Slick! Might as well grin and bear it!

dukedogsmom
09-17-2004, 03:20 PM
Cowboy pilots?? Where? Forget those donkies! I'm tired of messing with them, anyway. Let the fun begin. Any other ladies coming with me?

catland
09-17-2004, 03:21 PM
HEY - no one mentioned that the hazmat guys also work part-time as helicoptor cowboys.

wait for me, wait for me.

lbaker
09-17-2004, 05:43 PM
Catland, that's the very thing! Those Cowboy Pilots are the BROTHERS of the HazMat guys... a HUGE family of EYE CANDY :eek: OMG, Slick.. wipe that Long Branch Saloon Miss Kitty stuff off and we can parrrrteeee! hmmm, ever hear of the mile high club? Uh oh... nevermind, will get kicked off again :rolleyes: OH RICHARD, save these poor females from everlasting .. something :confused: Dear me, I need a drink, something soooothing to wipe the trail dust off my um, person..:o heh heh heh

gini
09-17-2004, 06:41 PM
Up to no good again, I see, Miz Baker!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-17-2004, 06:44 PM
*moff standing at the top of the canyon with camera in hand chuckles....*

What a great shot! Look at all those arms and legs sticking out of the net! Hee Hee!

See what you did Mario? At least you got the donkeys all up the trail safely!!! Let's head for the bar! I'll buy you a beer!

That cowboy pilot IS cute!

QueenScoopalot
09-17-2004, 07:35 PM
YOO-HOO anyone at the bar? Or are you all still up the creek?:confused: I need a beer..can't do the lemonade myself. Mario took off into the Grand Canyon on his own donkey?? Now that's scary! We all know he'll be trying to stuff blueberries up the donkey's nostrils. :( It's been a while since I've stopped at the bar, but wanted to say HA!...no to be confused with HI!:D

Corinna
09-17-2004, 08:16 PM
It's really not fair that no one told me the haz-mat guys had cowboy brothers!!!!!
I have the padded chairs and couches ready for you all when you get back. Ice packs and heating pads for those who need them.

davidpizzica
09-17-2004, 08:30 PM
Corinna, I kind of wished some of those haz-mat guy had cowgirl sisters!

Corinna
09-17-2004, 08:55 PM
May be they do I didn't know they were brothers.

dukedogsmom
09-17-2004, 09:03 PM
Heating pads sound wonderful! Between the donkies and the cowboy pilots, I'm getting...well, lets just say I'm getting a little more flexible :D I'll also have a cold beer, Bud Ice please.

lbaker
09-18-2004, 08:42 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: *don't go there, don't go there* slooooowly rousing myself to feed the critters (two leggers & four hoofed.. whatever) and BOY OH GOLLY GEE could I use some hair of the dog that bite me. (That was a dog wasn't it??) Strong coffee and some comfort breakfast. Or maybe just some Wheaties, breakfast of champions. Nah, creamed chipped beef on English Muffins with a side of fresh fruit. Anybody else wanna throw something together for when the troop wakes up??

davidpizzica
09-18-2004, 08:59 AM
lbaker, pancakes and sausages? That will wake somebody up!

lbaker
09-18-2004, 09:05 AM
Works for me! Regular pancakes or buckwheat? Maybe sourdough? Maple syrup or boysenberry? Or Tupelo Honey, honey. Link or patty sausage? I know, I know... it's too early and rainey to make heavy decisions like that. Whatever floats your boat David... and floating seems to be the operative word herebouts doesnt' it? GO AWAY IVAN!

davidpizzica
09-18-2004, 09:21 AM
Pittsburgh got drenched!! For the first time that I could remember, I had some water in my basement. Unfortunely, we are sending it YOUR way!

trayi52
09-18-2004, 09:23 AM
Hi everybody, just thought I would drop in an grab a cup of coffee.

Where did Mario go? Is he still out playing with the donkeys or whatever you call them? When he gets back I know he will be ready for his beer.

Thanks for taking such good care of him while I was away. Looks like he had a blast!

Willie:)

lbaker
09-18-2004, 09:28 AM
Have a sit down by the fire Willie, rest your weary bones. I know it's not really cold but that dampness can get to you can't it. Mario really IS a little trooper isn't he. He's so glad to see his mama even if he did have fun with us silly folk. Thanks for the help David ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
09-18-2004, 11:03 AM
Good morning everyone!

Willie, good to see you! Laurie is right, Mario missed you on his big adventure. You should see him on a donkey!

I just need a cherry root beer this morning. Oh, and 4 catnip teas, please? My 4 are demanding a treat today!:D

davidpizzica
09-18-2004, 05:00 PM
Connie, it's good to see Willie posting again! Every body worries when she stops posting. BTW, Mario is quite a sight on that donkey! I wonder what keeps him in the saddle?

trayi52
09-18-2004, 05:24 PM
Hehe, I was wondering why Mario was walking like he had a barrel between his legs.

A good cold beer sounds really yummy right now, if you don't mind.

Willie:)

dukedogsmom
09-18-2004, 08:58 PM
That does sound great! I'm thirsty.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-19-2004, 12:30 PM
Connie, it's good to see Willie posting again! Every body worries when she stops posting. BTW, Mario is quite a sight on that donkey! I wonder what keeps him in the saddle? :D VELCRO?:D

gini
09-19-2004, 01:00 PM
Aww, look at that! Laurie is making breakfast for us on Sunday too!

Well, think I will stay a while. I can finally *sit* down again.

I didn't think you all would mind (well maybe David does), but I have invited the cutie pie helicopter cowboys to stay for breakfast too. C'mon honey, sit down here by me:D :D

Oh, Mario, sorry about that, for once, I really didn't mean you.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-19-2004, 01:36 PM
Aw, that's ok Mario. You can sit with me.
How about a blueberry pancake with blueberry syrup?

:D I THOUGHT that might mend your broken little heart real fast!;)

davidpizzica
09-19-2004, 02:54 PM
Gini, sometimes I DO feel like the odd man out here! If RICHARD doesn't show up, I AM the only guy on Thursdays!

davidpizzica
09-19-2004, 03:15 PM
Wih the exception of Mario, of ccourse1

lbaker
09-19-2004, 03:20 PM
So where IS Richard anyway? Did he ever even make it to the bottom of the canyon? Did the saucy wenches kidnap him and make him sail away on the pirate ship? Did they throwwww him on the railroad track? And then a traaaaaain started coming? Stay tuned for next weeks episode boys and girls... ;)

davidpizzica
09-19-2004, 03:27 PM
Laurie, I guess I'm the only guy to check in on Thursdays. Sometimes I feel left out of things.

gini
09-19-2004, 03:32 PM
Laurie, I guess I'm the only guy to check in on Thursdays. Sometimes I feel left out of things.

Left out of things???? Are you kidding???? We have you surrounded David.........don't try any funny moves!!!:D :D

lbaker
09-19-2004, 03:46 PM
EEEEIIII HEEEEYAH! I still have that lasso from the trip and don't forget... we may be a bit long in the tooth but we can still catch you pilgrim... (well, at least until the knee heals) HAH get it? "knee" "heals" Oh "toe" on with your bad self. ooops getting silly time again.

davidpizzica
09-21-2004, 12:49 AM
Hey, Laurie, isn't three the maximum number of puns allowed in a post? Gee whiz! your sure giving me "pun" ishment. Just wait till the knee heals!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-21-2004, 11:20 AM
LOL!
David, you and Laurie are so "pun" ny! :D

RICHARD
09-21-2004, 11:51 AM
HI EVERYONE!!

Sorry I missed most of the trip.

I had to shove off for some business, Matey's!!

davidpizzica
09-21-2004, 11:53 AM
LOL!
David, you and Laurie are so "pun" ny! :D Connie, we have so much "pun" here!!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-21-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD
HI EVERYONE!!

Sorry I missed most of the trip.

I had to shove off for some business, Matey's!!

:rolleyes: And here we thought you were off having some fun with some saucy wenches!

Welcome back!:D

gini
09-21-2004, 12:09 PM
And here we thought you were off having some fun with some saucy wenches!

Welcome back!:D

MOFF, he was gone enough days.......how do we know he wasn't with some saucy wenches???

RICHARD
09-21-2004, 12:12 PM
MOFF, he was gone enough days.......how do we know he wasn't with some saucy wenches???

You mean there are wenches SAUCIER than the thursday group????

WHERE???:D

lbaker
09-21-2004, 12:53 PM
I'd rather be a saucy wench then a sassy mench :rolleyes: oy vey

davidpizzica
09-21-2004, 02:17 PM
Hold it, People! I'm not a saucy wench!! LOL LOL!!