PDA

View Full Version : Samantha's vet visit and new diet

Vermontcat
09-14-2004, 12:26 PM
I haven't had much free time lately to post photos or even reply to threads so I thought I would give everyone an update on Samantha.
I took her to the vet for a checkup the first week of September.
We decided to put her on diet food for a month and see if she will lose about a pound.
(she is just a little over 14 pounds right now and has been for the past few years)
Samantha always stresses out at the vets office and hisses and growls the whole time.
When we got home she hid in the basement and sulked for the rest of the day.
Luckily she likes her new diet food and it has helped her to not have hairballs either.
I will be taking her back at the end of the month to have her weighed again.
I know she won't like going back there but I want her to stay healthy in her old age.
She did have some blood work done and luckily her kidneys are fine and she does not have diabetes either.

Here is one newer photo of her taken a few days before the vet visit. So that is what is new with Samantha.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/vtcat/samcatbed2.jpg

Sara luvs her Tinky
09-14-2004, 12:32 PM
Samantha!!!

You are sooooo pretty!!!

I am sorry you had to go to the vets...

*KISSES* for your little black nosie... you look stunning in your picture...

But it is so good to hear you are a HAPPY HEALTHY girl!! Your mommy should give you some extra "low carb " treats!!! ;)

catnapper
09-14-2004, 12:39 PM
So glad to hear that you had a clean bill of health at the vets. I'm sorry you get spooked by the visit, but it is something you need to do.

rg_girlca
09-14-2004, 03:58 PM
Oh Samantha, all the more to love, right sweetie.:D

Glad to hear you are a happy healthy girl and that you like your diet food.

Maybe in a few weeks, meowmie can weigh you herself to see how the diet is going.:D All she has to do is weigh herself on the scale first and then get back on holding you in her arms, then subract that weight from her weight.:)

Good luck with your diet sweetie.

kimlovescats
09-14-2004, 04:02 PM
There's my SWEETIE!!!! Awww, Samantha I am so sorry you had to get all stressed out, but honey you just have to KNOW how relieved I am that you are a healthy girl!!! You are being a good girl eating your new food!

BIG HUGS and KISSIES to my girl Sam!!! Tell Meowmmy "thank you" for the new picture!! I have it saved!;)

Logan
09-14-2004, 04:05 PM
How old is she? I can't remember! :o

Samantha, I think you are beautiful, regardless of your weight. We fight the big "D-I-E-T" word here, constantly, but for our dogs, not our cats!

Hang in there, sweetie. I am glad to know that you love your new food!!!! :)

Logan

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-14-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Logan
How old is she? I can't remember! :o

My Samantha Sweetie is a very young, very beautiful and very vivacious 16 year old. :D

Signed,
Tubby

Tubby! Sorry Logan, Tubby just had to put his two cents worth in there. :o

Hi Samantha! I'm so glad to hear you got such a good report at the white coats! You're one lucky girl. :D

Vermontcat, another way to weigh her without going to the vet is you get on the scale alone and record the weight. Then pick up Samantha and record the new weight and subtract. Then a month from now do it again and see if there is any difference in her weight. However, you should do it now and in a month because there might be a difference in scales and yours might not record the same weight as the vet's did. But this way at least you'd know if there was any loss - or gain. Only bad part is you'll have to record your own weight and I know I try to avoid scales at all costs. ;) Hey, great idea, have one of your kids hold her! ;) :D

Oh, Tubby wants to make sure that before I sign off I tell Samantha that he sends sweet nose kissies from his little black nosie to Samantha's little black nosie. :D

Vermontcat
09-15-2004, 07:48 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone.:)

Samantha is feeling good this morning and was just running aroung all silly like a kitten.:D

I can try to pick her up and weigh her myself at home.
She really doesn't like to be picked up but she will be more agreeable to it if it is me or my husband picking her up.
She always gets hissy at the vets office when they pick her up to weigh her.

Tubby is right that Samantha is sweet 16 years old.
She sure has a lot of fight in her when she goes to the vets.
The only time she was happy at the vets office is when she found the window over the exam table and climbed up on the windowsill to look out.
Maybe she was thinking of a way to escape, even though it was on the second floor.;)

Kim and Tubby I hope to have a few new photos to post for you in the next few days. :)
Thanks for the kisses Sara, hugs and kisses Kim and especially the nose kisses from you Tubby!;)

catmandu
09-15-2004, 09:05 AM
Dont worry Samantha,some of Us Found Cats,are said to be a little,on the Pudgy Side,and thae Lite Foos,isnt that bad! We get Nutro Complete Care Senoir Light,and we like it!