PDA

View Full Version : SPENCE HAS GOT ANOTHER PROBLEM!

purrley
09-28-2001, 12:41 PM
I wasn't sure what category to put this under, cat health or cat behaviour but I chose this one. Have you ever heard of a cat's purring causing it to cough. Everytime time Spence starts his purr aria he starts to cough - could it be his purr causes so much vibration in his throat that it could cause coughing? Comments PLEASE - gee I hope it's not still ANOTHER health problem :(

purrley
09-28-2001, 02:08 PM
Yes I agree Spencer that my little chocolate boy (Spencer) needs to see a good vet and that's what will be happening next week. The runny nose concerns me too. However, Spence is up on all his shots including FELV - couldn't be that could it? Anyway Spencer also has big time bad breath - he has no teeth - how can that be. Anyway a part of me doesn't want to know what's wrong - I just put my Seal Point (Jessee) down last March - I'm not ready to do it again :( :( :(

alice
10-17-2001, 01:31 PM
How is Spencer feeling these days? Anything definite to report?

purrley
10-17-2001, 01:54 PM
Alice - Spence has good days and bad. This morning he wasn't that well - had the dry heaves again - but he wanted to eat. So I expect to go home and find a pile of upchucked food when I get home. This is the first episode of vomiting in a week. So I don't know what to think - one day good, one day bad. :confused: Thank you for asking :)

alice
10-17-2001, 02:07 PM
Has he seen the vet yet?

I know how terrible it is when the little ones don't feel good. They can't tell you were it hurts or what they want. Please tell him that he's got lots of friends who hope he feels better soon.

purrley
10-17-2001, 02:44 PM
I'm in the process of finding a good vet for Spencer, hopefully someone who specializes in cats (Siamese Cats preferred). The last vet pulled all of Spencee's teeth out without my permission so I'm looking for someone else to look at him. I've been taking my time since Spence seems to be doing really well most of the time. A half Tagament usually makes him feel a whole lot better when his stomach gets upset. I know this cat so well and I'm aware anytime he's not feeling well. Sometimes I think his little tummy can't handle all his gulping of the food. He can't eat the hard stuff and he just inhales the wet stuff. Sometimes his tummy just can't handle it. Thanks again Alice for your concern - you're so sweet. :)

AmberLee
10-17-2001, 04:08 PM
:confused: Silly question, maybe, but what if you added a bit of heated gravy to kibble? Would that help?

tatsxxx11
10-17-2001, 04:32 PM
Purrley...Thinking of you and Spence. I think finding a good vet that you really trust would allay a lot of your fears. I hope the precious Spence is keeping his food down. It sounds like, for some reason, the purring, vibration, is instigating a gag/cough relfex. And we all get concerned when they get runny noses, sneezing, cold symptoms. Please give him a hug and love from Mr. B and Oliver and me too, of course!

Cougie Wechsler
10-17-2001, 09:50 PM
Purrley, Spence is in my prayers!