PDA

View Full Version : Just checkin' in to say HI!

Cookiebaker
09-13-2004, 01:28 PM
We are currently in Maine traveling with my in-laws. (As some of you may know) my Mom-in-law is very sick with cancer, and this is one of her last wishes to spend some time with the family. We have been here since Saturday, and will be leaving on Wednesday morning. Mark's brother is then coming up to spend some time with them over the weekend, as well.

Anyhoo, the house is awesome!! Our bedroom has two walls of windows that looks right out onto the ocean, and every night we fall asleep to the lap of the waves, and an early morning sunrise wakes us everymorning. :) And the weather has been simply gorgeous so we are thankful for that.

Also, we have a private beach front and the two dogs can play to their hearts content. I am going to attach a picture of them running and playing. (We can't let Malone loose or he just runs off :rolleyes: ) And the rest of the time, they are stuck in their kennel because my Mom in law can't take their noise. :( But it's OK because it is just for a couple of days.

Anyway, just wanted to drop in and say hi. I can't surf too long -- I'm on Mark's laptop, dial-up connection and paying $.08 per minute. It doesn't take long for the bill to add up! :eek:

Looking forward to being home where I can surf and post freely! :)

tatsxxx11
09-13-2004, 01:37 PM
I'm so happy to hear you all are enjoying such a lovely vacation! Heaven knows, you all deserve a little peace, rest and relaxation; and time together. Maine is simply gorgeous and to have an oceanfront room...perfect! Isn't it great, being able to hear the lapping of the waves as you fall asleep...so soothing! And I'm so happy for your mom in law that she's able to enjoy such a happy time with her family...and the dogs;) Bet they're having a blast with their own private beach:D Can't wait to see pics:) Enjoy your time together. I think of you and Mark and your mom in law all the time. Check in when you get back! Sandra

Cookiebaker
09-14-2004, 07:18 AM
Thanks for the nice response, Sandra :) And I plumb forgot to attach the pictures :o

Cookiebaker
09-14-2004, 07:20 AM
and here is another happy boy running on the beach!! :D

This is a doggy haven around here. We have three neighbors: a doberman, a grandpa golden retriever, and an airdale terrier (that I have only seen once)

Logan
09-14-2004, 07:38 AM
Hi Anna! :) I'm so glad you guys had the opportunity to get away to a beautiful spot, with the dogs (that's the added bonus, isn't it?). I know your mother in law is loving having you guys with her too. Your babies look happy! I know 3 Golden Retrievers who would love to be running with them on the beach. Tell Malone he wouldn't be alone on the leash because Honey and Zipper would have to be on one too!!! :p

Enjoy your special time, my friend. :)

Logan

KYS
09-14-2004, 08:48 AM
Good to hear from you.
The house sounds wonderful, with a ocean veiw from your bedroom.

CathyBogart
09-14-2004, 10:45 AM
Hey there! Glad to hear from you, it's great to know that you're having fun, thanks for keeping us posted. ;)

Vermontcat
09-14-2004, 12:38 PM
I'm glad you are all enjoying the beach in Maine.:)
I wish I could play with your dogs on the beach.
We never had time to go to the beach this summer.

Sorry I haven't been in touch with you since our PM's before you left, I had company for the past 3 days.
I hope we can still plan something in the near future.:)

dukedogsmom
09-14-2004, 02:45 PM
I've been wondering where you were! I hope you can give her some very happy times. I know it must be bittersweet. I'll bet the dogs are having a blast. Thanks for checking in with us and I hope you continue to be strong for her sake.