PDA

View Full Version : Magician, Clown, or Python Ron?

Tonya
09-13-2004, 10:06 AM
I'm trying to plan the entertainment for my Halloween party. It's mainly for the kids to keep them out of our hair. lol. Last year we did clowns, which I thought was a hit....but my son just informed me they sucked. So, now I'm back to square one I think.

I was thinking a magician, but wouldn't a magician be even more boring? I don't know, I don't think I've ever seen a magic show.

Also, there's a guy called Python Ron that does parties. He has snakes, lizards, and other creepy crawlies he brings along. Jaden wants Python Ron to come but I'm not sure everyone else will like it. We've had people freak out that we have our little kingsnakes. Should I just have him come out and offer a movie in another room for the easily frightened? Or could this potentially clear out my party?

Here's his website, btw...http://www.pythonron.com/index.htm

Any other ideas for entertainment? Should I just ignore my son and do the clowns? I think he's in that tough guy stage where he has to call everything sucky.

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-13-2004, 10:22 AM
How old are the majority of the kids? If Jaden is one of the eldest in the group, he might find the entertainment to be "sucky" but the rest of the kids might love it. I had a magician for Cameron's 10th Birthday, and it was a great success. If the magician is good he should be able to adapt the show if the kids are getting bored or restless. (Although I am not sure how kids who have grown up with Playstations and the internet actually relate to the more traditional forms of kids entertainment???)

I'm not sure re Python Ron - I personally wouldn't have a problem with him entertaining MY kids, but it's not going to be everyones ideal - so the idea of a movie or some alternative is a good one!

(Are you going to serve Litter Tray Cake??? I see we have a couple of experts here LOL)