PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday is Bye Bye Time!

Laura's Babies
09-13-2004, 09:54 AM
Wednesday is the day I am due to go back to work. Time sure passes fast when you are having fun and in good company! It looks like a long drive upriver to catch the boat too.:(

BUT, I see on TV this morning that SE Louisiana is now in the watch area for Ivan and I am wondering if I should try to leave right now... I think I am going to call my dispatcher and have her set me up a car to pick up tomorrow, later in the day and warn her that IF it looks like the storm is heading to us, I will need to stay home and take care of business. My daughter can do and does do a lot for me but I suspect that a damaged (almost new)mobile home would require me to be here for the insurance adjusters. I just don't know what I should do at this point... will know more by tomorrow...

Sad thing is, my sister is in the Florida panhandle and so is a lot of my relatives so one way or another, it looks like some of us are going to get it....:eek: FRIGHTENING!

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-13-2004, 10:12 AM
Please let us know what you deceide re leaving early - but most of all BE SAFE and look after yourself!! Hope your family is safe too!:(

christa
09-13-2004, 10:40 AM
Seems like you just got back!!!

I really hope you stay safe, whatever you decide to do. It's unbeliveable how deadly Ivan has already been! We'll definitely be praying for your safety!

jenluckenbach
09-13-2004, 10:50 AM
WOW! Where does a month go? I hope Ivan is not a trouble maker for you.

catnapper
09-13-2004, 10:54 AM
Time flew by so fast! :eek: I can't believe its been a month already. I hope Ivan doesn't stop by your house for a visit. He was scheduled to hit my SIL right outside Clearwater Florida, but then moved westward a bit. Keep safe!

Jods
09-13-2004, 11:06 AM
hey,
I can't believe your leaving for a while :( Hope you stay safe and have a good time at work (if you can)... Let us all know if you are leaving early...

jazzcat
09-13-2004, 11:27 AM
Wow, this time really did go fast. It sure doesn't seem like you've been back long at all.

Please let us know what you are doing and I'll send some prayers your way.

kimlovescats
09-13-2004, 11:34 AM
Oh no, is that time already? :( I hope and pray that this terrible storm will miss your area, Laura ... PLEASE be careful! Prayers coming your way!!!

Hugs,
Kim;)

AmberLee
09-13-2004, 12:44 PM
I agree, it seems like the last month FLEW by. Whatever happens, I hope that you and yours are all safe.

QueenScoopalot
09-13-2004, 02:35 PM
Didn't you just get back? Hoping your trip goes well, and safe most importantly. It's been an awful season with these back to back hurricanes hitting everyone down south. :( Prayers for everyones safety. ;) I'm waiting for some to hit up around here...we're overdue for some doozies as we've had in the past. I live only a few blocks from the ocean, but on higher ground, but the area near the beach always gets flooded out during strom surges. :eek: Be safe, and hurry back to us! And give Amy extra kisses for me before you leave. ;)

Laura's Babies
09-13-2004, 03:10 PM
Talked to dispatch and she told me that there are a lot of us on the gulf that are due back and uncomfortable leaving right now and the boats down here are on alert for the possiability of having to get out asap and they can not get bus tickets into our area for anyone and she is even unsure about getting a rental car. I am to call her back tomorrow and let her know what it looks like then.

Email from Sister in Pensacola said they are going to head north and I sent one back and told her to take the PETS! (PLEASE SIS, take Fred, Boo and Kiki!)

No matter where this storm goes, there is going to be someone in it's way so don't just pray for me but anyone who may be in it's path.

catmandu
09-14-2004, 08:54 AM
The Found Cats,are Hoping,and Praying that you,are out of the path,of this terrible Storm,that has left so many Pets,scared,and homeless!

catcrazylady
09-14-2004, 09:02 AM
Laura you be careful! You stay safe no matter what. This is a powerful and nasty storm so you go somewhere safe with your fubabies. Even if you could get to work it wouldn't be good because all the rivers are flooding from all the rains and that will make things extra dangerous too. We are all the way into Kentucky but the Ohio river Crested really high yesterday from all the rains.
Keep us posted on what your going to do. Are you far up into Louisiana?