PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Francis Pics

delidog
09-13-2004, 07:43 AM
Sorry I can't post these all together...But this ought to give you an idea of what its' like

delidog
09-13-2004, 07:45 AM
another

delidog
09-13-2004, 07:47 AM
Yet Again

delidog
09-13-2004, 07:52 AM
I wish I could post these together...Please bear with me

delidog
09-13-2004, 08:03 AM
Gotta have your priorities in order!!! ;)

delidog
09-13-2004, 08:06 AM
Last ones

delidog
09-13-2004, 08:08 AM
done

jazzcat
09-13-2004, 08:17 AM
Wow, that looks like a lot of damage to the trees. I can't imagine going through that.

I bet you gave a sigh of relief that you won't be taking the brunt of Ivan - or at least it sounds like you won't. Best of luck!

KYS
09-13-2004, 09:22 AM
Your poor trees.
I hope your roof is ok.
Thank you for sharing.

robinh
09-13-2004, 09:24 AM
Wow, looks scary to me. Hope everyone is OK and there is not too much property damage. Love the coffee pot one! :D

Tonya
09-13-2004, 09:25 AM
Jeepers! I sure am glad that I don't live in Florida! Hurricanes scare me much more then our occasional earthquakes. From a phone tech perspective-I cannot believe that Florida has telephone poles! With the hurricanes, the power and phones should be all underground not aerial! What were they thinking?!

4 Dog Mother
09-13-2004, 10:32 AM
Wow! How scary! To see trees uprooted like that takes a lot of wind and bent in half too. I don't understand why Carl didn't want to stay down there and experience that! (That's sarcasm for those who think I might be serious!)

ramanth
09-13-2004, 12:27 PM
Glad you and your house made it out okay!

Randi
09-13-2004, 12:45 PM
Oh Nicole, that is one big hurricane!! :eek: Glad to see you and your house is OK .... and that you hadn't planted a lot of flowers in your garden, they would all have been gone! You went to visit someone while it was the worst, didn't you? How are your furgang doing? I hope they weren't too terrified!

Thanks for sharing.

Another coffee break is in order! :D

Fox-Gal
09-13-2004, 03:10 PM
I'm glad to see it wasn't your house that got damaged. As I opened up each picture I had my fingers crossed that there was not going to be damaged pictures of your home. I guess we all have a lot of yard work to do now. :p

I'll trade you yard work. LOL
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/Fox-gal/YearafterFran.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/Fox-gal/branchesofoaktreeFran.jpg

Those pictures where taken after we already did this will some of the limbs and trees.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/Fox-gal/Burninglimbs.jpg

I guess we should be thankfull that a little yard work is most of our worries right now. It could have been worce.

Now how about that trading yard work idea? LOL :D NO? I guess you have enough to do helping neighbors.

Again I'm so glad you are safe and sound....... and with power now.

Cincy'sMom
09-13-2004, 04:22 PM
I can't even imagine seeing a tree uprooted like that! How scary!
Glad all of our Floirda PTers seemed to make it through with minimal damage.

delidog
09-14-2004, 04:56 AM
Yes,
Thanks guys....Thank God it was all Yard work....Sorry Libby.....About That Trade....Don't think John would be into it!!! ;)

Tonya,You are Right....All Power should be underground.....That damage was fixed with a flick of a switch.....Not Our big Poles...
There were Hundreds os poles down....in just a 3 mile radius of where I live.....

Yes,That was The Best Cup Of Coffee the Morning after the Hurricane......What better use of a Generator????

Amy,Diana....So Glad that We Didn't have to worry about Carl being down here....I think Melbourne did Not get the eye,Which means they Got ALL Barrier winds & storm....so they had No Relief..
Again,Thanks Guys.....

Pam
09-14-2004, 07:06 AM
:eek: :eek: Wow! I'm glad your home didn't seem to sustain any damage. I had to laugh at the coffee pot picture. You do have your priorities right, don't you? LOL! I'm glad you won't have to deal with Ivan. Enough is enough! FoxGal your yard looks like you will be busy for quite some time! Did you have any damage to your home?

pitc9
09-14-2004, 07:38 AM
I glad to hear you both came through the storm with okay!!

BitsyNaceyDog
09-14-2004, 01:06 PM
These pictures are actually from Charley.

Tree uprooted on a truck, across the road from Justin's parents house.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/kblaix/charley/IMG_1414.jpg

This is my parents fence.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/kblaix/charley/IMG_1424.jpg

This is my parents pool.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/kblaix/charley/IMG_1423.jpg

ramanth
09-14-2004, 02:29 PM
:eek:

I'm just glad ya'll are okay.

delidog
09-14-2004, 07:32 PM
You just Really have to be thankful that No body is hurt.....

Kblaix....
That is what the rest of my neighborhood looks like......I hope that FEMA is helping your parents....and their insurance co.
I could not believe that our screen enclosure survived with no damage....a Miracle....

Randi,
We went to a house that John just built....we didn't have Hurricane Shutters...only some wood...and that house did...
The Furkids....Hurricane??? Whats' a Hurricane,Mom???;)
Whens' Dinner???

Kfamr
09-14-2004, 07:38 PM
We got basically the same damage, which is surprising since you guys got hit sooner than we did and it died down before.

There's a tennis cort near my school which is completely demolished. Trees and branches down everywhere. The reason these trees fell and uprooted were because the ground was so saturated and they had week root systems. One fell on my cousin's car.

We have a large oak tree that i'm terrified of being uprooted, but it's soo large and has a massive root system it'd really be something if it ever did.

My cousin, his wife, and his baby just moved down here and they've had to evacuate their home (my brother's) twice now, within the few months of living here. I guess this is their welcome too Florida.

(and please excuse any typos.. i'm so tired right now and I just woke up from a nap so i'm very out of it.. I had to correct myself a few times. :p )

delidog
09-15-2004, 07:46 PM
Kayann,
I am glad that you & your family are alright....So sorry that your relatives did not have a better Welcome to Florida....It Really is such a wonderful place to live.....a couple of hurricanes won't ruin its' rep...Just remember,You have Plenty of Warning of a Hurricane...Can't say the same for Tornadoes or Earthquakes...or Floods.....
Gotta Try to look on the bright side...;)

Glad that you are safe & well

captain
09-15-2004, 10:41 PM
I am glad you are all OK!

Thanks for those pics. We don't have any idea what hurricanes are like here downunder .................:eek:

delidog
09-16-2004, 05:48 AM
Captain,
What type of natural disasters do you guys get???
I never hear of anything in Australia....no floods,no earthquakes,no Tornadoes,no hurricanes,no typhoons....
Sounds like Australia is the Perfect Place!!!! ;)

captain
09-16-2004, 07:06 PM
We get bush fires .............. every year, and I really wish I could say they were a "natural" disaster - but sometimes, they are deliberately lit by morons!!!!! :mad:

delidog
09-16-2004, 07:24 PM
Now Ivan hit the other coast HARD....Its' been a Tough Hurricane Year....

Captain,
Stupidity Does Run Rampid!!!!!

I still think Australia is the Perfect Place!!!!

popcornbird
09-16-2004, 07:44 PM
Wow!!! :eek: That is scary. I'm so glad you all made it through ok!

Originally posted by Tonya
Jeepers! I sure am glad that I don't live in Florida! Hurricanes scare me much more then our occasional earthquakes. From a phone tech perspective-I cannot believe that Florida has telephone poles! With the hurricanes, the power and phones should be all underground not aerial! What were they thinking?!

Ditto on that. I'm surprised Florida doesn't have underground power and phone lines. With all those hurricanes, they should! Just like the foundations of homes in California are built with *springs*, so they move along with earthquakes, without breaking. They don't use much brick here in construction either. It prevents a LOT of damage. If there were no springs in the foundations of homes here, or if the homes were made of brick or some *strong* material that wouldn't budge, the earthquakes would most likely shatter the whole state.

Kfamr
09-16-2004, 07:47 PM
We have underground power and phone lines where i'm at. Not every city does.

delidog
09-16-2004, 08:31 PM
I wish that Everyone in Florida had Underground!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!