PDA

View Full Version : Scrapbooking Anyone Do It?

dukedogsmom
09-12-2004, 09:03 PM
I bought a scrapbook kit a few days ago and have been playing at work when not busy. These look so primitive compared to the ones I've seem on the tv shows. If any of you do it, I'd be interested in seeing your work. Also, would love ideas. My mind draws a blank when it comes to this. I did the Autumn one second and I think it looks pretty good.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/scrapbook1.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/scrapbook2.jpg

Aspen and Misty
09-12-2004, 09:09 PM
Yes, I made one for Breeze when she goes, I made one for my mom with pictures of her Teddy Bear (Sheltie) and I made one of my pets.

It's a fun past time!

Ashley

kingrattus
09-12-2004, 09:10 PM
Thay have scrapbook kits??

Where did u get it??

I've been trying so hard to do RB Max's & it looked so poopy I stopped working on it. All I had was construction paper, and art book, a few stickers & photos.

I need better ideas for mine. I see it on a daily bases & just don't know what to do.

dukedogsmom
09-12-2004, 09:17 PM
I got mine at Michaels but they sell good ones at the bigger Wal Marts for a lot less. There's a good kit that costs $15 and even comes with a pair of special scissors and a glue stick.

kingrattus
09-12-2004, 09:21 PM
All the wal-marts here r MASSIVE. I hope the one here in Kanata has it, cause I don't feel like traveling all over the city hehehe..

But thanks for the great info.

I just did a whole wack of OT for double-time!!! & all my OT is my play money!!!

sooo excited :)

kingrattus
09-12-2004, 09:22 PM
oh ya, how many photos can it hold? or do u have to buy ur own scrapbook?

KYS
09-12-2004, 09:22 PM
I think scrapbooks are so nice.
Two of my co-workers brought them in.
One was of her Grandson's 5th birthday party.
and the other co-worker received a scrapbook
of their wedding.

I never have seen such talent before.
I never realized that you could buy a scrapbook kit.
Maybe that is how they made theirs too?

Very nicely done dukedogsmom. :)

*LabLoverKEB*
09-12-2004, 10:22 PM
My mom does a lot of scrapbooking, and I have 2 albums full of pics of Sadie!:)

lizzielou742
09-13-2004, 07:57 AM
Yeah I'm a scrapbook freak. I loooove it! I just finished one of for a friend of mine's wedding. I wish I would have taken some pictures of it. I am working on another one - from me and my boyfriend's trip to NYC last year. When I get it done I'll have to post some of the pages so you can see.

There's a scrapbook store here in Louisville called "The Chocolate Scrapbook," every time I go in there I spend like at least $50. I love it!! :D

Katiesmom
09-13-2004, 09:35 AM
I just went out and bought a scrapbook its not a kit tho:(

Anyways I started it because of my son starting preschool.....I have a software that has scrapbook ideas like clipart, backgrounds, and things for tiltes and etc. its Microsoft Picture it! Digital Image pro.....and it has been really useful to me since I'm not that creative....they also sale scrapbook software where its just nothing but scrapbook stuff....

dukedogsmom those are really nice scrapbook pics:)

lovemyshiba
09-13-2004, 09:37 AM
I did one for my wedding--it's beautiful!!
It was so much fun too.
I got my stuff from here: http://www.creativememories.com/index.aspx

(actually, my mom did, and I "borrowed" it)

I want to get started on ones for the dogs:)

dappledoxie
09-13-2004, 10:00 AM
I used to a whole lot, now I do anytime I get a chance which hehehe, hasn't been too recent. I'll take some pictures of ones I've done and show you guys. I need to do some of Claire, I think that was the last times I'd done any was before I got her, like a year ago. lol

By the way, that looks great! You did an awesome job I think, I don't know how they do the ones like they do on TV, they are just unreal! lol

4 Dog Mother
09-13-2004, 10:39 AM
I started one for Jasmine when she was born and I was out there. Christy is suppose to be keeping it up - I send her stickers and pages for it - they have so many cute things you can add. I got Micky Mouse background paper, and Winnie the Pooh stuff as that is what Christy has done her room in. The original kit I got at Wal-Mart. It was fun to work on and I bought ones to make for each of my kids so they can have pictures of their grandparents etc. I haven't started those yet but hope to this winter when things slow down a bit and I don't have so much yard work etc. to do. I started just the ordinary type scrap books for my kids when they were little before there were ways of copying old pictures. I really am looking forward to putting together those albums.

Buddy Blaze Lover
09-13-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
I did one for my wedding--it's beautiful!!
It was so much fun too.
I got my stuff from here: http://www.creativememories.com/index.aspx

(actually, my mom did, and I "borrowed" it)

I want to get started on ones for the dogs:)

My mom uses Creative Memories too! I have three scrapbooks of my own, and one just for Blaze and Bandit too! ;)