PDA

View Full Version : Anyone do obedience trials?

wolfie
09-12-2004, 08:43 PM
I used to show Daphne in 4-H before I was too old (4-H is only for 18 and under) Obedience was part of the shows - it was fun. A lot more fun that conformation, that's for sure! :p We only got to novice though. But she did pretty well! Anyone else do obedience trials?

And before you say that you can't because you have a mutt - you can show mutts in 4-H if you're a kid, and adults (and kids) can show mutts in UKC, and many other clubs too. Just AKC doesn't allow mutts for some reason.

binka_nugget
09-12-2004, 08:57 PM
Not yet. Kai's already learning some of the exercises for the CDX title but he's not too reliable with the retrieve just yet. ;) I guess Kai would be ready for his CD but I'm too lazy to do anything about it (LOL).

cloverfdx
09-13-2004, 09:34 AM
Yep, i have with clover but neither of us enjoyed it so i pulled her out of it. we did get one pass in Encouragement last year but nothing since then. I am entering Elvis in his first trial in November, we have a bit of work to do before then though.

:)

kingrattus
09-13-2004, 09:39 AM
I entered RB Max into a mutt show. u had to be 13 & younger. He won 3rd place for best trick & we got a ribbon.

wolfie
09-13-2004, 10:59 PM
Cool, I'm not the only one. ^_^

Good luck with Elvis in November. I'm sure he'll do great!

Shelteez2
09-14-2004, 12:13 AM
I have shown both my dogs in CKC obedience. Both Emily and Clipse have their novice titles. I love it, it is so much fun. Right now we are working on the retrieve to get ready for the next level. The bad part is that I'm a lazy trainer so who knows if we will ever be ready, LOL Even if we never are ready to compete in Open obedience I am going to take them to the USA to get their AKC novice titles next year.

The ASCA (Australian Shepherd Club of America) (http://www.asca.org/) also allows mix breeds if they are spayed and neutered I believe.

And then there is AMBOR, an organization just for mixed breeds.
It stands for American Mixed Breed Obedience Registration (http://www.amborusa.org/)

Hope you find something near you, and that you continue to have fun with it.

cloverfdx
09-14-2004, 08:42 AM
Good luck with Elvis in November. I'm sure he'll do great!

Thankyou, Elvis is the first dog i have trained in Obedience that actualy enjoys it. :D