PDA

View Full Version : guster concerts (stories from texas)

guster girl
09-12-2004, 07:06 PM
OMG, I just had the best weekend of my 28 years thus far. I went with a group, including my niece, to the concert in Dallas on Thursday. The show was, of course, fantastic. The venue is pretty small, which I prefer, and, the audience sang along to every song. There are no mosh pits or crazies at these shows, everyone's just happy to hear good music. It's awesome!

So, after the show, I went to where the buses were and ended up getting three of the four guys to draw stuff all over my tummy with sharpies. It ended up being really amusing. I can actually still see it a little bit. I was talking with my favorite guy in the band and he invited me on the bus for a couple of shots of Patron. Of course I said yes! And, I ended up hanging out on the bus getting tipsy and eating french fries covered in cheese, chives, and, bacon. He asked if I was going to be at the other shows (Houston on Friday and Austin on Saturday). I told him I didn't have tickets, and, couldn't really afford to get them, but, heck yeah, I'd be there for sure if I could. So, he put me on the list for both shows!

What a road trip it ended up being! I was seriously hung over Friday morning and got a late start heading to Houston. Four hours by myself, not feeling all that spiffy at first, but, I got there just in time to see Guster. (I missed the opening acts) The show was wonderful, different set list and everything. I said hello to all the guys after the show, thanking them for putting me on the list. And, I crashed at a holiday inn that night and headed to Austin the next day.

It was crazy, though, I honestly didn't expect to go the Austin show, so, I didn't pack anything! I literally got into my car Friday with my driver's license, debit card, and, a Red Bull. I had to get venue info and directions from the Houston public library. I got to Austin three hours later and had to go and buy some clothes since I was in the same crap I'd worn the previous night. This was the last show of the tour, and, it was amazing! Bittersweet, for sure. The opening acts were great, and, I ended up meeting all of them and hanging out with all three bands afterwards til about 5 am. A lot of us had gone to sixth street to catch last call and then we all hung out on the grass behind the venue and listened to music and talked. This may not sound like much, but, this band has meant so much to me for the last four years and it was just perfect!

I drove home this morning and have taken a nap since. ;) I just wanted to share with my pals here in pet talk. I will never ever forget this experience for as long as I have a memory. YAY GUSTER!

Tonya
09-12-2004, 11:55 PM
How exciting! I know how much you love Guster, that must have been such a cool opportunity.

One of my co-worker's wives had her tummy autographed by someone from Def Leapord (sp?) some years back. She went straight to the tattoo parlor and had the autograph tattooed on so she has it forever.

Petron rocks, btw. That's the only Tequilla I can drink.

aly
09-13-2004, 12:32 AM
Oh my gosh! HOW FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know how much you love the band, so I'm SO HAPPY that you got to have that experience. You should have called me when you were in Austin! You could have come over and got some sleep before your drive back to Dallas. You crazy woman!

lizzielou742
09-13-2004, 07:35 AM
OMG!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: That is sooooooooooo awesome!!! I bet the guys were hilarious. That's so cool! How great to know how much they appreciate their fans. And you got to see three shows for Free!!!! :D Which one of them offered to put you on the list (the one you said was your favorite)?

That is so SWEET!!! I'm so jealous!!! :D :) :D

guster girl
09-13-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by aly
Oh my gosh! HOW FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know how much you love the band, so I'm SO HAPPY that you got to have that experience. You should have called me when you were in Austin! You could have come over and got some sleep before your drive back to Dallas. You crazy woman!

I did call you while I was there! I hope you got my messages! It was no big deal, though. I was up with the band til after five am and a couple of them had to catch flights back home at about 6 am, so, they just made a pot of coffee and gave me some bread pudding. I also took a one hour nap at a rest stop as soon as I could. I was a'ight, though! I can't even begin to express what this experience meant to me, they were absolutely fantastic!

guster girl
09-13-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by lizzielou742
OMG!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: That is sooooooooooo awesome!!! I bet the guys were hilarious. That's so cool! How great to know how much they appreciate their fans. And you got to see three shows for Free!!!! :D Which one of them offered to put you on the list (the one you said was your favorite)?

That is so SWEET!!! I'm so jealous!!! :D :) :D

I paid for my ticket for the Dallas show, but, Joe put me on the list for Houston and Austin. I spent a lot of time talking with him. I've always had a thing for Brian (drummers in general, really), though, but, when Joe came on board, I flipped for him! He plays so many instruments and has such a great voice and writes and paints. Probably more, too. He was way cool last year in Dallas and austin, too, but, I wasn't able to hang with them like I did this time. Brian has always been awesome to me, too, every time I see him. They all are incredible with the fans, though, and, they always remember my name. I just still can't believe what an amazing three days it was! Will always always remember it!

guster girl
09-13-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
How exciting! I know how much you love Guster, that must have been such a cool opportunity.

One of my co-worker's wives had her tummy autographed by someone from Def Leapord (sp?) some years back. She went straight to the tattoo parlor and had the autograph tattooed on so she has it forever.

Petron rocks, btw. That's the only Tequilla I can drink.

My brother's ex girlfriend had the lead singer of Godsmack sign her belly and she has it tattooed. That's actually why they started signing my stomach, I told them about my bro's ex! And, yeah, I will drink most tequilas, but, Patron Silver is my favorite! Gotta have it straight up, though, can't jack it up with salt or lime.