PDA

View Full Version : My First Horse Show! *pics*

chrissycat21
09-12-2004, 04:35 PM
I was just in my first horse show today. :) It was really easy, it was a school show and it was walk, trot, canter. But, I didn't get to canter because this girl kept falling off and started SCREAMING when we were told to canter. So we didn't. We were also supposed to do something else...(don't remember what) but t he girl started screaming again....So I didn't get to do anything really fun.

But, anyways, I got first! :) :D

Here are the pics...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid139/pd6093893d4670ce2ca74f6f11ce8a6eb/f709d5c3.jpg
Above: Thats me on the horse I rode, Darn. It wasn't a formal show so I could wear jeans and a t-shirt.

Ok, now to bore you a little more....

Darn was abused before the stables had him. He is really mean to most people, he bites, kicks, and attacks people or horses. But, he likes me. :) (Only because I give him food! ;) ) Ok, more pictures....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid139/pf989db6530373e33796e0924d20b4f86/f709d589.jpg

Above: Me stopped at a fence with Darn because this girl fell off her horse and wouldn't get back on. So, we all stood there. (The girl was fine, later got on, fell off again, they got her a new horse after that and she stayed on)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid139/p819e279c08105a307b3a48fbb265cc99/f709d5cf.jpg

Above: Me with Darn after I found out I won.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid139/p570ff15c16c7cb1fb57ca26ecdd2e021/f709d5a4.jpg

Above: Giving my favorite pony a kiss! :)

-----

This is the best Darn has ever been while I rode him. He never tried to rear or buck. Possibly because bribing this horse works? (I told him I'd give him 10 baby carrots if he did good :D )

Sorry if I bored you guys. BTW, I didn't mean to brag, I'm just really excited! I didn't think I'd win.... I'm just really happy!

KYS
09-12-2004, 04:41 PM
Congratulations to you and Darn!
Well if Bribing works why not!
He sounds like he likes you and appreciates
kindness after being abuse by his past owners.

dukedogsmom
09-12-2004, 04:50 PM
Congrats! I know that must have been fun. They must not have been trying very hard to understand Darn. I think he needs a new name, something not negative. I'm sure he knows you love him and that's why he does well for you(the food sure doesn't hurt :p )

ComedyDevil
09-12-2004, 04:59 PM
Well done! I remember my first horse show, I was excited but SO scared!

Darn looks gorgeous, I know he senses that you love him, and that's why he behaves for you :) Congrats on the blue ribbon! :D

Not trying to be rude, but why was this girl allowed to ride if she kept screaming? It's not a clever idea to scream around horses :rolleyes:

chrissycat21
09-12-2004, 05:11 PM
Thanks everyone!

I think the girl was screaming because she was really scared. The horse she was riding kept getting spooked and bucking and rearing.

Darn is a really negative name, but he is 18 years old and has had it all his life so it would be hard to change.

I do love that horse. I gave him so many kisses! He was so well behaved, he didn't attack anyone when I rode out of the arena. lol His ears never went all the way back until my dad came up to him too fast.

I was thinking about someday leasing Darn, but my mom said she wouldn't lease a horse at the stable that I couldn't let my sister's ride. (They couldn't handle him without themselves or someone else getting hurt) So, now I'll just ride him at lessons whenever I can. :)

Vette
02-15-2005, 08:52 PM
Do you know who bought him? maybe you could talk them into selling him to you.

*hugs* im sorry to hear you lost a good horse though.

Buddy Blaze Lover
02-16-2005, 04:09 PM
Congrats!! I can't wait 'til my first horse show!:)

luvofallhorses
02-16-2005, 04:15 PM
Congratulations:D

animal_rescue
02-16-2005, 06:14 PM
Congrats!:D

chrissycat21
02-16-2005, 06:53 PM
Wow! A very old thread bumped up, lol.

But thanks you guys!

Vette, I am currently trying to find out who bought him, I'll let you guys know if I get any more info. But I would love to buy him back, or atleast visit him.