PDA

View Full Version : Please send some good thoughts my way :(

lizzielou742
09-12-2004, 12:59 PM
Hey everyone, I don't have a lot of time to talk right now but I wanted to say to please send some positive thoughts my way if you can. My boyfriend (Steve) took his twin brother (Kyle) to the hospital this morning for vomiting, passing blood, back pain, etc. We thought it would be something like appendicitis or kidney stones, but the CAT scan revealed some blockage in his stomach that looks "unusual" as the doctors put it. He's been admitted to stay until at least tomorrow for more observation and tests. He's miserable right now - they're draining what he didn't already throw up out of his stomach through a tube in his nose and he feels awful. Please hope with me that's it's not something serious like a tumor. He's 26 years old and he and my boyfriend are completely inseparable. In fact they had never lived apart until just this past June - I moved in with Steve iand Kyle got his own place. Anyway please keep us in your thoughts. I am going back to the hospital now and will update when I can.

Thanks so much,
Liz

dukedogsmom
09-12-2004, 01:01 PM
I surely hope it's nothing serious or if it is, he can be cured. Sounds very scarey. I'm sure he's not having fun with all that going on. So, hope he feels better soon so he can get out of the hospital.

Karen
09-12-2004, 01:02 PM
They will both be in my prayers.

QueenScoopalot
09-12-2004, 01:05 PM
Sending positive thoughts, and well wishes for a full recovery.

rg_girlca
09-12-2004, 01:42 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way that it isn't anything too serious.

KYS
09-12-2004, 01:49 PM
Prayers being sent!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-12-2004, 01:51 PM
Prayers to you. :(

Tonya
09-12-2004, 02:19 PM
I hope that everything works out for him. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Keep us posted.

Sweet Sixy
09-12-2004, 02:40 PM
Positive thoughts your way, I'm sure he's in good hands with the doctoc and all will be well soon hopefully

Jods
09-12-2004, 03:01 PM
prayers on the way, from my home!!:(

Laura's Babies
09-12-2004, 03:24 PM
Happy thoughts and wishes coming your way. Will be thinking about him and his family, update when you know something please.

AbbyMom
09-12-2004, 04:07 PM
Prayers on the way for a speedy recovery!

lizzielou742
09-12-2004, 04:07 PM
Well, I'm back home again, been doing a lot of driving back and forth lately. Just wanted to say for right now, Kyle is still miserable but things are looking a bit better. It's some sort of intestinal blockage problem. I don't know what caused it, or what the next step is, but for now he's definitely staying at the hospital until at least tomorrow. Thanks for all your well wishes, it means a lot to me.

Barbara
09-12-2004, 04:13 PM
Positive thoughts for you, Kyle and Steve. I hope the next days will bring an explanation and improvement:)

jazzcat
09-12-2004, 04:19 PM
Prayers on the way.

DJFyrewolf36
09-12-2004, 04:37 PM
Prayers on the way!! I know how miserable this sort of thing can be, mom was in the hospital for something similar a while back. But I saw first hand the power of prayer and positive thinking!

*Hugs* to you and your boyfriends brother!

lizzielou742
09-13-2004, 07:40 AM
Thanks so much for your kind words and thoughts, everyone. After a horrible experience at the second hospital he was sent to (no nurse or doctor showed up the entire five hours we were there) we ended up just taking him home. The problem is basically severe intestinal blockage and twisting of the small intestine. Extremely uncomfortable, but it should work itself out in the next day or so. We were getting scared there for a while, but I think it was just a freak thing caused by bad diet and stress. I think everything's going to be fine, but if not we will take him back to a DIFFERENT hospital. :mad: Anyway thanks so much to everyone who was thinking about us yesterday. It really means a lot to me. :)

Barbara
09-13-2004, 08:09 AM
I am so glad to hear it is nothing too serious.

I wonder however about that second hospital: a co-worker of mine had an intestinal obstruction last year and she needed emergency surgery. I wonder how they could know if something like that didn't happen to Kyle:mad:

All the best for you and your family!

lizzielou742
09-13-2004, 08:18 AM
Thanks, Barbara. :) The CAT scan showed what they 'believed' to be an obstruction, but since the surgeon never showed up to evaluate him, and Kyle started feeling a lot better, and things started moving again for him ;), his parents decided he'd be more comfortable at home. I hate hospitals!