PDA

View Full Version : Max Update 9.5.01

Cattal
09-05-2001, 06:42 PM
Since I let the original thread over in Cat General "fade to black", I thought I would start a new thread to update on Max.

Last Friday evening 8/31 -- to my amazement, he tried to jump from a chair in our dining rm. to our "window" btw. the dr and our kitchen. Next thing I knew he was clawing like mad trying to hang on because - he missed. I didn't make it to him in time but thankfully he didn't seem tooo bothered by it. Mommy human has HIM to thank for any gray hairs she gets from now on!

The next day was Max's 3rd birthday! ( I posted that day, but I somehow deleted it before it submitted). He didn't have a good day that day - he screamed/jumped back several times. The next day was much better for him - and a HUGE gift for me (my b'day). We didn't hear a single scream all day. I didn't need to make a wish -- it already came true. Since the weekend, he has been much more playful and silly - something we have missed greatly! The rest of this week so far has been very uneventful and we are soo happy! He still has little "episodes" here and there, and he still walks somewhat gingerly at times, but they are beginning to be the exception instead of the rule!

Considering it has been almost 2 months since his injury and no diagnosis - this is SOMETHING!

zippy-kat
09-05-2001, 06:55 PM
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO YOU BOTH!

I'm so glad to hear Max is beginning to feel like himself again! I was wonderin' about you both...

Keep in touch!

AvaJoy
09-05-2001, 07:24 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Max has shown marked improvement!! What a nice birthday present for the two of you! :)

Gio
09-06-2001, 05:42 AM
Happy belated birthday to both of you. I'm really pleased that Max is getting better.

cr7clark
09-06-2001, 02:23 PM
Happy belated birthday to you and Max. It's so nice to hear a happy ending to a difficult story. :)

wolflady
09-06-2001, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the update on Max. A Happy belated birthday to you both from Marius, Scooter, Crookshanks and I! We've been thinking about ya! I hope he continues to improve :)

Mickey4Paws
09-06-2001, 07:33 PM
I am new here so I didn't read the original thread, but I just wanted to say that I'm glad to hear your kitty is doing good. :)

Cattal
09-09-2001, 01:31 PM
Thanks for all of the good wishes for Max and for our recent birthdays!

It is SO wonderful to have the "real" Max back! He is up to all of his old antics and jumping about. We are still sure to be careful with him - "rough housing" (which he loves) is limited and so forth, but otherwise, we haven't had scream in several days!

This weekend I have been doing some pre-fall cleaning and one of the jobs was the refrigerator. I bought fresh carrots with long roots (I took the leaves off though) yesterday at a farmers market and also I have his kitty grass in there - (doesn't die as quick) he was standing on the "step" inside the door trying to bat around the carrot! All while I'm trying to clean it! What a trip!

Thanks again and have fun with your "babies" -- they are priceless! :D