PDA

View Full Version : Help ! Hershey is digging up the back yard !

puppyluvs
09-11-2004, 09:36 PM
Any Idea's on what I can do here ???

puppyluvs
09-11-2004, 10:42 PM
Help Help Help LOL

wolf_Q
09-11-2004, 11:52 PM
Huskies are known to be diggers, though mine really has never tried. It could be that he's bored....Maybe you could not leave him out there alone for more than 10 minutes or so? Is there toys for him to play with in the yard?

I know they make some sort of "no-dig" spray but I've never tried it. Sorry I'm not much help, I've never had a dog that digs.

binka_nugget
09-12-2004, 12:07 AM
Does your dog dig at a particular spot? If it's a general area, you could try burying its poop in there. I've never tried it but I've heard it works really well.

lovingisliving76
09-12-2004, 01:44 AM
I had a chocolate lab/ husky that did that. I bought a small kiddie pool (hard plastic one) and filled it up with sand. I then buried hidden treats inside of it and showed her they were in there. We never had a problem with her digging in the yard after that. We did however, enjoy many hours of watching her kicking up dirt all over the place in her little sandbox!:D

anna_66
09-12-2004, 07:06 AM
Ahhh Mechele...the joys of having a husky;)

I know what your going through, Roxey was the digger from hell. Every spring Mark fills up more than 20 holes in the back yard:rolleyes:
Putting poop in the holes did work though. Between that and keeping him busy I really don't know what to tell you except that a tired dog is a good dog and it's gotten better with age:)

puppyluvs
09-12-2004, 07:49 AM
Cool---so it sounds like there is hope...LOL

I will try all of these idea's and see what happens...

Thanks guys...

LorraineO
09-15-2004, 04:25 AM
Good luck,,, keep us posted!!

Pam
09-15-2004, 06:24 AM
Bella was a digger too! She especially liked to dig in my flower bed after a nice rain. :rolleyes: I put large slate pieces in the flower bed to discourage her and she just went and started holes in other places. From the first day we got Ripley the digging stopped. I think she was digging out of total boredom. Now that she has a buddy in the yard she hasn't even attempted to dig. What you need is to add another dog! :p :p

puppyluvs
09-16-2004, 04:29 PM
Lord pam honey I HAVE 3 DOGS ALREADY...LOL...