PDA

View Full Version : Florida's pets

Jods
09-11-2004, 09:17 PM
I also asked permission if I could re-post this

Please Pass On... >>>> This is a repost, with permission I just spoke to Diane Albers, President of Florida Kennel Clubs. She is spearheading the rescue efforts, along with AKC>>>>These are her comments>>>>"Florida is in doodoo, if Ivan hits Florida, there will be no Florida Left . The cattle and horses are standing in 6 inches deep of water. There is no pasture no food. The shelters are overrun with dogs that didn't even evacuate with their owners. She is getting hundreds of calls a day from people forced to do owner turn ins as they themselves have no homes,no food ,no gas, no water no way to care for their animals."

Northwest Airlines is offering to fly dogs out of Florida at no cost ( donated by NWA... remember them the next time you fly!) They will start flying dogs in a couple of days. Foster Homes are needed. Florida needs our help. She is getting hundreds of purebreds turned in every day along with mixes.>>>

Call Diane Albers @ 1800-597-2987

catmandu
09-12-2004, 11:17 AM
I wish,that I could help,but canot afford ,a Dog,or even another Cat! Prayers are on the way!