PDA

View Full Version : Florida's pets

Jods
09-11-2004, 09:16 PM
I also asked permission if I could re-post this

Please Pass On... >>>> This is a repost, with permission I just spoke to Diane Albers, President of Florida Kennel Clubs. She is spearheading the rescue efforts, along with AKC>>>>These are her comments>>>>"Florida is in doodoo, if Ivan hits Florida, there will be no Florida Left . The cattle and horses are standing in 6 inches deep of water. There is no pasture no food. The shelters are overrun with dogs that didn't even evacuate with their owners. She is getting hundreds of calls a day from people forced to do owner turn ins as they themselves have no homes,no food ,no gas, no water no way to care for their animals."

Northwest Airlines is offering to fly dogs out of Florida at no cost ( donated by NWA... remember them the next time you fly!) They will start flying dogs in a couple of days. Foster Homes are needed. Florida needs our help. She is getting hundreds of purebreds turned in every day along with mixes.>>>

Call Diane Albers @ 1800-597-2987

BitsyNaceyDog
09-11-2004, 09:23 PM
in addition to that a greyhound rescue in Orlando (or somewhere close by) had sever damage to their kennel and have to find homes, foster or permeant, for all their dogs.
My friend desperately wants to get one (they've been her favorite breed forever) but her yard is still under water and it is a really bad time to bring home another dog.

lovemyshiba
09-12-2004, 12:57 AM
I just received this by email from one of my shiba groups:

**permission to crosspost**
Hi to all
Just and FYI concerning the post stating that an airline was flying dogs for
free out of the state of Florida.
Sadly, this is absolutely not true. I personally spoke with Diane Albers
just a bit ago and she said that an airline flew a couple dogs for her
(emergency) a few weeks ago after the Charley hurricane. They are not and have not
issued an open invitation to fly dogs for free. Please post and repost this
message widely.
Thanks
Sheila~Florida

--Sheila is the head of the Central Florida Shiba Rescue

:confused: :confused:

Jods
09-12-2004, 07:46 AM
okay I'm confused lol... Oh well thats e-mail is what a woman told me to post in all the forums I go to... She is in the siamese cat forum... :confused: :confused: :confused: