PDA

View Full Version : Whitewater Rafting

Sweet Sixy
09-11-2004, 08:27 PM
So today I got up at 4AM, boarded a bus, and headed to the Hudson to go on my first whitewater rafting trip. What an experience!!! I reccommend it to anyone, it was AMAZING. This from the girl who won't go on roller coasters, hehe. We went with a place called Wild Waters Rafting (http://www.wild-waters.com/) On top of that it was probably the most beautiful day we've had in NY since last summer. I was so excited I couldn't wait to tell everyone when I got back how great it was:D

chrissycat21
09-11-2004, 08:29 PM
That sounds awsome! Sounds like you had a great time! Do you have any pictures? I've always wanted to go whitewater rafting!

Sweet Sixy
09-11-2004, 08:30 PM
I will have some pictures soon, they actually have someone that takes pictures of you as your raft is going over a class IV rapid! I will post them ASAP!

jazzcat
09-11-2004, 08:44 PM
Glad you had so much fun. It scared the life out of me when I went about three years ago. I fell out of the raft right before the hardest rapids and just barely got back into the raft in time. Then I was tangled in rope and trapped in the bottom of the raft as we went through the rapids sideways and almost drowned from all the water. I was bruised all the way down one side on my back from my shoulder to my calf where I had hit rocks being towed in.

Basically it was scariest thing I've ever experienced.

pitc9
09-13-2004, 09:49 AM
I went for the first (and only time) three years ago. We went on the Lower New River in West Virgina.
Our raft flipped in a class 5 rapid called the Double Z and I got stuck UNDER the raft. OMG I thought for sure I was going to die! I've never felt so close to death in my life.
I was flipped into the water so fast that my eyes were still open, and both of my contacts flew out of my eyes and I lost my paddle. We all had to be plucked out of the water by other rafters, and were unloaded on the river bank. They had us all sit down for a little and calm down, I could not stop freaking out because with no contacts I can't see 5 feet infront of me! Then they told us all to get back in the raft so we could finish our trip.
YEAH RIGHT!!!! Like I'm going back in that thing... well after another 20 mins.... I got back on, and cried the rest of the trip because I thought I was going to die.
Needless to say... I drank a LOT of beer that night!!

And my hubby doesn't understand why I don't want to go again!
:rolleyes: Ugh.... men......

Sweet Sixy
09-13-2004, 10:39 AM
Wow...I"m sorry to hear that so many people have had bad experiences with this. Here is the link to the pictures that were taken of us. Whitewater 9/11/04 (http://www.printroom.com/ViewGallery.asp?userid=jlsphoto&gallery_id=100184)
The first 6 pictures are my group!:D