PDA

View Full Version : Tinker's sick :-(

zippy-kat
08-27-2001, 07:53 PM
I just heard word from my mom today that our cat Tinker is sick. :(

She started feeling poorly a couple of days ago--Mom thought it was because Tink got into the trash and ate a few things she wasn't suppose to. It could be a liver disease or lukemia...we are waiting on the bloodwork results. They are treating her for an infection right now. The vet thinks that it might be an infection in the bladder that has moved up to the kidneys. He bioped the bladder and there were bunches of bacteria. She is tender in the intestines and kidney area, as well. :( Her fever was 104-105.

She goes in on the 7th for another exam.

Please pray for Tinker!

Logan
08-27-2001, 08:42 PM
I just responded on a post that Angel put up on the dog board about Tinker, but I wanted to let you know, Tonya, that we are praying that Tinker is ok. Please let us know.

Until then, keep your chin up and think positive thoughts.....bless Tinker's heart, and yours. I hope everything will be ok.

zippy-kat
08-27-2001, 11:10 PM
Thanks Logan.

It's so hard to be away when things like this happen! :confused:
(I'm a college student & live 4hrs away from mom and dad.) I might go back this wkend to visit my baby Tink.

On the other hand, Sophie (my bunny--and the only pet that lives with me at this time--) is getting spayed next Tues. I'd hate to stress her out *right* before her operation.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

auggie
08-28-2001, 05:48 AM
Tonya, I hope it is just a bacterial infection, that can be treated with antibiotics. Please let us know the Blood test results, when you get them. Our Thoughts and prayers are with poor Tinker.

zippy-kat
08-28-2001, 08:31 AM
Thank you Auggie!

Everyone's kind thoughts, words, and prayers are GREATLY appreciated!

thelmalu99
08-28-2001, 10:18 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that your baby is not well. I want you to know that Tinker will be in my prayers, too.
Let's just hope that this is nothing serious and Tinker will be back to her old self again in no time.
Please keep us updated.

Love,
Thelma, Yertle,
Elvis and Danny

Cougie Wechsler
08-28-2001, 11:52 AM
You and Tinker are in my prayers. I hope all is well and your baby will be up and around again soon.

zippy-kat
08-28-2001, 02:50 PM
A BIG THANK YOU to everyone!

The blood results stated a bunch of "doctor jibberish." Such & such was fine, such & such too high, such & such too low, etc etc. Right now we are at a 'wait and see' stage. Hopefully, the antibiotic will kick in soon(!)and perk her up.

zippy-kat
08-28-2001, 05:48 PM
I agree Spencer, he could have given Mom a little bit of a clue what was going on.

Just spoke to Mom, Tink is feeling some better. She ate more and asked to go outside for her evening stroll. She didn't stay out very long but she is up and moving around more than she was!

AvaJoy
08-28-2001, 08:54 PM
Hopefully, you can request that the vet be more forthcoming with what the labs indicate, but in the meantime it is encouraging that Tink seems to be responding positively to the antibiotics.

Keep us posted, and I wish your kitty a speedy recovery. :)

morristhecat
08-29-2001, 12:51 PM
Here's hoping that Tinker is feeling better already------just a note to let you know that when I took Morris to the vet he had a fever of 103 and a bladder infection...Vet gave him a shot and he is now on liquid antibotics......I saw a difference in 24 hours....he is feeling MUCH better but I will continue with the medicine until it is all gone...hope TINKER is much better by now...

Cattal
08-29-2001, 08:10 PM
As someone who has had their share of vets and the waiting game - our hearts and prayers go out to Tinker and you and your family. Please keep us posted and I am sorry I didn't see this sooner.

We're sending the positive vibes!

Max and his human's :)

Gio
08-30-2001, 06:29 AM
I have not been able to check the post for a couple of days since my father has been(once again)taken to hospital. I'm sorry to hear that Tinker is unwell, I'll keep him in my thoughts.

NoahsMommy
08-31-2001, 01:12 PM
Poor Tink! I hope it is just a simple infection and that the antibiotics help soon. I am sorry that the vet isn't taking your feelings into consideration by acting like that! I will say some prayers for little Tink, and for Sophie's surgery on Tuesday.

Take care!

4 feline house
08-31-2001, 09:10 PM
I hope little Tinkie is better, and Gio, I hope your dad is okay.

Remember, just because a lab test comes back abnormal, does not necessarily mean something is wrong. A good example is that any one with kidney disease will, or soon will, have an elevated creatinine. However, simply running a fever can cause this, too. A high alkaline phosphatase can mean liver disease, but it can also mean you've been ketotic (starving). So just having an elevated creatinine with no other symptoms will compel a doc or vet to take a "wait and see" stance.

zippy-kat
09-01-2001, 12:40 AM
Thanks for the info guys!
(The well wishes too!)

Our regular vet was out w/ a sick horse. :(
Hopefully, he will be the one to see Tink when she goes in for her appt. on the 7th. Spoke to Mom earlier this evening said that Tink has lost A LOT of weight but is beginning to eat again. We're crossing our fingers that it is just an infection.....

tatsxxx11
09-01-2001, 04:48 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Tinker. My prayers are with you and precious little Tink. I too am hoping that the antibiotics will show some improvement very soon. You guys are in my thoughts and my heart. Please give Tinker a kiss when you see him. And I hope that the bunny heals well and quickly. Sandra

lizbud
09-01-2001, 07:56 PM
zippy-kat,,
So sorry to hear Tinker's not been feeling
well lately. The eating is a good sign don't
you think? Hopefully the antibiotics will
kick in soon.(Know it can't be to soon for
You & your Mom..Tinker is in my prayers!!
Gio... Sorry to hear about Your Dad!!
Human's also get prayers on Pet Talk...
You & you Father are also in my thoughts and
prayers at this time ...

Gio
09-03-2001, 06:47 AM
Thanks for the kind words and thoughts about my dad. He is out of hospital now and feels a bit better even though his problems could reoccur (he's got hear problems). Being 81 does not help. On a brighter note, one of my cats Maya is keeping his spirits up (my dad is staying with me), she goes and checks on him, and, even though she is not a lap cat, she will sleep on his feet. Since she did the same when my mother is sick I'm thinking of changing her name to Florence Nightingale! Nothing better than a little in-house pet therapy.

tatsxxx11
09-03-2001, 04:50 PM
Tinker, Gio's dad.....we're all thinking of you and praying that you both will be well soon. Forgive me Gio for missing the post about your dad. Maya sounds like a true angel of mercy. It was the life of Flo. that inspired me to be a nurse! Animals too have such incredible healing powers. Good baby, Maya. Tinker, lots of kisses sweet one. Please get well soon. Love, Sandra, Cody and Star

zippy-kat
09-03-2001, 11:00 PM
Gio~ I'm very sorry about your dad but between you and Maya, it sounds like he's in very good hands.

Sandra~ I hope the Star-miester is feeling better!

zippy-kat
09-09-2001, 02:15 PM
Tinker traveled to the vet TWICE this week. The "nice lil' receptionist lady" :rolleyes: failed to mention they would be doing a urinalysis (spelling?) and that Mom was suppose to take the litter box away 30 minutes before Tink's appt., thus, the reason for the second trip.

Tink has greatly improved since the last update and the vet believes it was just an infection. He said she still had just a touch of infection in her urine and gave her a second round of antibiotics to finish.

Thank you guys for all your prayers and well wishes! :D

Cougie Wechsler
09-09-2001, 03:52 PM
Zippy Cat that is great news. I am happy for both you and Tinker! :D May she continue to get stronger and well!

tatsxxx11
09-09-2001, 06:16 PM
I'm so happy to hear Tinker is getting better!!! My lab Star just finished a trial of antibiotics for a urinary tract infection as well. And of course my thoughts and prayers are with your Dad Gio. I hope he continues to feel better and better. Maya, keep up the good work! Love, Sandra

tatsxxx11
09-11-2001, 04:51 PM
Oh Zippy, I forgot! Star's doing just fine thanks, peeing up a clear, yellow storm :) We take another unrinalysis in this week. Hopefully she'll be "clean!" Thanks!! Sandra