PDA

View Full Version : Bee stings - ouch, said the kitty....

sasvermont
08-27-2001, 02:58 PM
One of my cats just came home from the Vets after being treated for a bee sting, making his entire leg swell and become painful and unable to walk on. $288 dollars later...... all is well. It was so bad that the Vet thought the cat had a broken leg. Just a warning that bees, hornets and yellow jackets can be hazardous to the cat's health!

NoahsMommy
08-27-2001, 03:00 PM
Poor baby!! :(

I hope your kitty is doing better now!!

TheAntiPam
08-27-2001, 05:13 PM
Yet another instance of having a cat worth its weight in gold! ;) ;) ;)

P.S. I have two of them, but one seems to be on the platinum plan.

NoahsMommy
08-31-2001, 01:32 PM
I don't know if its offered where you are, but our vet plan (Banfield, inside of Petsmart) offers pet insurance. We pay $50.00 to start and then $19.99 a month. Noah will receive all of his baby shots, he will be fixed and it covers all costs while he is there for that. It also gives us a 50% discount on medicines, which really helped when he got his upper respitory infection medicine, $40.00 vs. $85.00!! All visits are free, unless he is diagnosed with somethig, and then it is 30% off.

Pretty good deal! :D

tatsxxx11
09-02-2001, 09:23 AM
So sorry about your kitty's ouchie! My lab Star just got stung in her paw pad the other day! That on top of a bad UTI!!! Thankfully she only had some mild swelling and tenderness. Incredibly, my other pup actually catches and EATS yellow jackets! Lots of get well wishes and hugs and kisses to the healing patient...and mom!
Sandra

carrie
09-02-2001, 05:59 PM
My dog and cat both go out of their way to get wasps and bees. If you see it happen and know that a sting is the problem get some brown vinegar on it - it will take the pain out and neutralise the poison. Doesn't always stop all the swelling but can help a lot if done quickly and the sting isn't too deep.....they don't seem to like the taste of it though!!

Works for people too - magic for kids. Beware though as it will not stop a reaction in any animal or person that is allergic.

[ September 02, 2001: Message edited by: carrie ]