PDA

View Full Version : sore throat??

Bonnie Hoskins
08-25-2001, 01:56 PM
My older(5 yrs. plus) male kitty is losing his voice. Is there anything I can do for him here at home, I'll call the vet on monday. The only other symptom or behavior change is he's sleeping in the closet (instead of my bed :( ).

Logan
08-26-2001, 10:11 PM
I don't know about a cat losing its voice, Bonnie...but I hope your vet can figure it out quickly! I know you must be worried!
:( . Anytime there is a change of behavior, it always makes us worry, but sounds like you are being extra careful by getting him to the vet quickly.

Welcome to Pet Talk. I hope you will have some good news to report tomorrow. :)

Karen
08-26-2001, 10:17 PM
I've never heard of a kitty losing his meow! Hope it's nothing serious, just a cat version of laryngitis. Do let us know, though, okay?

Bonnie Hoskins
08-27-2001, 07:00 AM
i couldn't wait til monday, called the vet saturday evening. Josh was throwing up hairballs last week, the vet thinks it is stomach acid combined with the hissing of the new kitty. Also told me not to worry unless he loses his appetite (that would send me into panic--he's 12 pounds), starts sneezing or has trouble breathing.

it's monday a.m. and his meow is getting stronger again.

And both josh and mary have stopped hissing at our youngster, mario. :) yeah! yeah!

thank you for your replies. bonnie

zippy-kat
08-27-2001, 10:12 AM
Tinker lost her voice once before. We took her to the vet and she meowed her head off! :rolleyes:

When they came in to ask what was wrong with her, we told them she had lost her voice. :o At least they could tell her meow wasn't very strong.

We took Max (rainbow bridge) in on this same trip. He just needed shots. He pee-ed on my shoe!! :eek:

Silly cats! :rolleyes: ;)

thelmalu99
08-27-2001, 01:26 PM
...or if she's a girl, like Kim Carnes singing Bette Davis Eyes?