PDA

View Full Version : Does your dog(s) like to play with balls?

Buddy Blaze Lover
09-10-2004, 07:40 PM
Oh man, Blaze is CRAZY about his tennis balls, toys, and frisbees...and loves to play fetch! He would play fetch all day long if you let him! :D

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-10-2004, 08:32 PM
Tango's LOVES to play Frisbee! it's her favourite game she is an excellent jumper too. She also likes to play with tennis balls and one thing I love about her is that ever since she was 5 weeks old, if you threw something she would bring it back right away:D

Buddy Blaze Lover
09-11-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Orangutango
She also likes to play tennis balls and one thing I love about her is that ever since she was 5 weeks old, if you threw something she would bring it back right away:D

Wow, Blaze started chasing a tennis ball AND bringing it back at 7 weeks old too! He was SO cute trying to catch the ball though...his little legs just weren't long enough yet and he'd trip over his legs! :D Now he'll do flips in the air, and catch a ball at ANY height you throw it!

Joannie
09-11-2004, 11:19 AM
Beaner will chase his ball till his toungue is hanging out and hes huffing and puffing. He has a toy box, one day he was looking for the "right" ball, he had 32 balls out on the floor and still had not found the "right" ball. Joannie and the boyz:rolleyes:

LorraineO
09-11-2004, 06:00 PM
Lucy isnt much for any balls,,, but her marrow bone and kong toys ,, look out,,, plays all day if you will play too

The_Duck
09-25-2004, 08:33 PM
My dogs', Mac and J.W., daddy is a BC and he'll run until he drops. He's excelent at catching balls and sticks and is coming around in frisbee.

PJ's Mom
09-26-2004, 01:37 AM
Neither of my dogs have ever played with balls. They prefer soft toys. :)

Jacks _and_coonhounds
09-26-2004, 12:18 PM
My female Jack knows the word "Ball" well. Say it and she starts looking for it....lol

Varga
09-26-2004, 08:04 PM
Yeah Kelly is nuts about balls. In her opinion there's no toy that can compete with a shiney, new ball.

I usually buy rubber ones with a little bell inside. When I come home from the shop she used to hear the bell straight away and starts searching the bags so she can get to her new favourite toy. But unfortunatly her hearing isn't so good anymore so she doesn't notice I bought her a ball until I hand it to her..

But she's still just as happy and it's really funny to see how well she looks after it the first couple of days..

After a week she gets more rough with it and sooner or later it's once again time to buy a new one. :D

-Varga

Buddy Blaze Lover
09-27-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by The_Duck
My dogs', Mac and J.W., daddy is a BC and he'll run until he drops. He's excelent at catching balls and sticks and is coming around in frisbee.

You have a BC too?? Post pics!! Also, I saw you live in KY...same here!! I have an idea where Cave City is, but where exactly is it? Sounds like we have 5 people from KY at PT now! :D

Buddy Blaze Lover
09-27-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Jacks _and_coonhounds
My female Jack knows the word "Ball" well. Say it and she starts looking for it....lol

"Ball" is Blaze's favorite word too! lol You say it, and he goes searching for it eagerly!! ;)

vinjashira
10-11-2004, 03:38 AM
I haven't met a dog who doesn't like balls :p

Buddy Blaze Lover
10-11-2004, 04:01 PM
My last Border Collie, Bandit didn't like balls! (hehe) :D Welcome to Pet Talk also, Vinjashira! ;)

nea
10-12-2004, 03:11 PM
Webby doesn't think anything could be better than a ball. The bigger the better, too. Tennis balls are great, but soccer balls are just HEAVEN.:rolleyes: :D

Buddy Blaze Lover
10-13-2004, 01:08 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk Nea! Do you have some pictures of Webby? Post pics! :D

BCBlondie
10-13-2004, 10:14 PM
Sesh likes to sometimes play fetch or frisbee. He wouldn't want to do it all day though. His favorite thing is soccer.

Megan never played with toys when she was a puppy, but recently, when I get her really excited, she likes to chew on my blanket or a stuffed animal or sock or something. :) Sometimes we'll play a little tug-of-war, or have her fetch the stuffed animal or whatever she's playing with lol.

cali
10-16-2004, 09:32 PM
Happys is more of a retreiver then any retreiver breed lol at 10 weeks old she was bringing us everything from stuffies, to balls, to fish water jugs! :eek: lol she is extremly obbessed with balls lol she runs flyball for no reward because to her absolutly NOTHING is better then a tennis ball lol Misty likes then but is not as obbessed as Happy, Ripley...we had to put all the tennis balls away in a closet because he will find a bal and use it to get treats, because hwo he was trained to take the ball for flyball is that when he held the tennis ball, he got a treat, and that is how it still works, he gets the tennis ball only to get the treat, so now any tennis ball he see's he grabs it, runs to you, holds it in his moth and clawing at your arm and crying lol Perky is not interested, and Blair likes everything balls included lol

cookieluver7
10-17-2004, 03:56 PM
Of course dogs love to play with balls!!! Who has heard of a dog that doesn't like balls. They say diamonds are a girl's best friend. Well, balls are a dog's best friend. Wait isn't a dog man's best friend? Ok, ok, balls are a dog's second best friend!!! ;)

Animal Lover12
10-19-2004, 05:10 PM
My dog loves to play with dogs!

snappy
10-21-2004, 10:45 AM
My Jessie LOVES his ball - in fact he knows were it is at all times - and when it gets under something and he can't get it - he will leave it until you ask him about it. Then he will run to where it is and growl at it, paw at it - come running back to you to get it. Also, he falls asleep with it in his mouth.....

I really need to get some pictures posted....just haven't scanned any in - and I don't have a digital = yet ;)

horses_rule:)
10-22-2004, 09:07 AM
My dog is called Becky and she is a Silkie Terrier. Her type of dog is bred to play with balls . She is sooo funny!:D Whenever she isn't eating or sleeping , she is playing with a ball!:D :p She is sooo CUTE!!!:)

Buddy Blaze Lover
10-27-2004, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by snappy
My Jessie LOVES his ball - in fact he knows were it is at all times - and when it gets under something and he can't get it - he will leave it until you ask him about it. Then he will run to where it is and growl at it, paw at it - come running back to you to get it. Also, he falls asleep with it in his mouth.....

I really need to get some pictures posted....just haven't scanned any in - and I don't have a digital = yet ;)

Well I can't wait to see some pictures!!:D

Buddy Blaze Lover
10-27-2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by horses_rule:)
My dog is called Becky and she is a Silkie Terrier. Her type of dog is bred to play with balls . She is sooo funny!:D Whenever she isn't eating or sleeping , she is playing with a ball!:D :p She is sooo CUTE!!!:)

Welcome to Pet Talk horses_rule! And I TOTALLY agree with you! Horses RULE! (hehe):D Post some pics of Becky if you can...she sounds really cute!!;)

cloverfdx
10-29-2004, 12:12 PM
Clover was never realy a ball dog untill we started Flyball, now she loves them but is not obsessed. Elvis on the other hand was made ball mad from a tiny pup and it has paid of because now at Flyball he is so focussed on getting the ball most of the time he forgets to "Herd" the other dogs. He is getting posessive over them now though :(.

Theodore my Mums little Chi is obsessed aswell, i trained him from a youngster hoping to have a great little height dog for Flyball, but he wont retrieve in public with strangers around, but i am working hard with him. And Penny is not too fussed about retrieving anything alot of the time, unless i get her all excited then she will go after a ball.

chuckandtammy
11-02-2004, 12:41 PM
Our dogs and puppies love balls...baseballs, tennis, rubber ball, basketballs, footballs you name it...

Kfamr
11-07-2004, 08:14 AM
YES! All three of mine love balls, but Kiara is NUTSO over them.
Anywhere there's a ball in motion, she's there! And if it's not in motion, she'll make it!

Buddy Blaze Lover
11-22-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
YES! All three of mine love balls, but Kiara is NUTSO over them.
Anywhere there's a ball in motion, she's there! And if it's not in motion, she'll make it!

Ditto!:D:D:D

luvofallhorses
12-09-2004, 04:22 PM
My cat loves to chase the tennis ball hehe( i know he's not a dog) and Buster and Rocky love balls and so does Jenny, Ginger isn't too fond of them!!

Puppy_Love4
12-10-2004, 02:24 PM
my dog's like to chase anything that they can find especially balls

Luna
12-19-2004, 01:25 PM
My puppy is an exellent ball player. Not only does she love to retrieve the ball, but she loves to throw and kick it as well.:rolleyes:

cubby31682
12-29-2004, 06:56 AM
Gracie loves balls. She also loves to rip them apart and suck the fuzz off of them for some reason. :rolleyes:

Luna
01-17-2005, 09:26 PM
My dogs like to suck the fuzz off tennis balls as well. The sound it makes drives me crazy!!:eek:

Queen of Poop
01-17-2005, 09:28 PM
Sasha won't touch a ball. But she loves her squeekies that look like "jacks".

Renee
01-21-2005, 07:51 PM
My baby just likes to steal the ball when another dog is getting attention. Very Jealous:p

Oggyflute
01-28-2005, 04:45 AM
My dogs just love playing soccer. My boy oggy would make a great midfielder in fact, as he can run with the ball very well. :D

Buddy Blaze Lover
02-01-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Oggyflute
My dogs just love playing soccer. My boy oggy would make a great midfielder in fact, as he can run with the ball very well. :D

Sounds like Air Bud!:D:D:D I wonder if any dogs here at Pet Talk are as talented as him...;)

IRescue452
02-08-2005, 07:02 PM
Autumn likes to chew the fur off tennis balls. When she gets any ball that is hollow, no matter how tough we think it is, she bites it until it pops. Then she brings it to me wagging her butt and tells me she needs a new ball. Pepper won't touch a ball, shes way to dignified for that!

jackie
02-10-2005, 11:33 AM
my dogs both love balls. when tito decides its time to play ball, not much you can do to change his mind! my little dog bella is so sweet running after balls as fast as her little legs will take her. :D

Bonny
02-21-2005, 02:32 PM
My old dog Bob use to go fetch the ball & I would put my hands together & he would drop the ball in my hands so I could throw it again for him. I think he was a professional ball player in another life. Our dog Baxter has to take the tennis ball over to the drinking bowl & drop it in to take a drink when he is playing ball. It makes the ball so swooossshhhyy afterwards. They also chew the balls up & once they get a small hole in one they will make it pop & pop & pop.:)

misterduke
02-23-2005, 12:10 PM
I have tennis balls on my grocery list at least once a month or any time I end up at the Dollar Store. We get home and Duke knows they are in the shopping bag. He'll get one, play with it until it's destroyed and then brings it to his bed. Then comes to see us for a new one.

ilovemydoglucky
03-20-2005, 07:54 PM
My dog Lucky loves to play with tennis balls! He drops it on our tennis rackets!

doggylovr6
03-24-2005, 04:04 PM
my belle love love love loves to play with toy ropes. she likes to throw it with her mouth by herself and fetch it. she does that for hours and enjoys it. she loves it even more when you do it!! shes kind of obsessed with shoes, and shoelaces too. shell try to snap at your shoes or trip you by grabbing your shoelaces. but i dont care because i love her, lol, even though she is kind of a nut.

jesse_3
03-24-2005, 11:33 PM
Jesse LOVES to play catch me if you can with tennis balls! Sometimes we will have a good game when she brings the ball back to me! Sammy on the other hand likes to just lay around and watch Jesse act like a lunatic!;)

Animal Lover12
03-27-2005, 06:33 PM
yes mine does

Lobodeb
04-20-2005, 02:55 PM
Maggy likes to balance a ball on her nose as she leans up against a wall or cabinet. She'll put her head up, move so her neck is touching the flat vertical surface then she'll nip and her ball so it bounces off her nose, catch it and repeat. Very cute to watch.

Who
05-02-2005, 11:36 PM
Kadesh loves balls, expecially since she used to not be allowed to play with balls. So now she thinks its great.

sumbirdy
05-18-2005, 01:17 PM
Beetle loves balls. He likes squeaky toys better though. He chewed the top off of a squeaky toy then stuck his face down it and breathed to make it squeak again.

Most of our tennis balls are to big for him but he likes to play anyway.

Anita Cholaine
06-03-2005, 12:37 PM
Anita loves tennis balls! She waits for you to throw the ball, and when she catches it, she doesnt give it back to you! The problem is that she destroyed all the balls she had

GoldenRetrLuver
06-03-2005, 06:44 PM
Yep! Daisy loves playing fetch. They don't call them Golden Retrievers for nothing! ;)

Molly doesn't really fetch tennis balls but she loves playing with the frisbee.

deegayle
06-03-2005, 06:59 PM
Sparky loves a ball. he has been fetching since he was 7 weeks and we introduced him to his first love besides us..lol. He also loves to catch a frisbee which is fun to watch because of his short little legs. He is a jack russel and is the short legged variety. He also loves his kong and will fetch it till he gets so tired that he just lays down. And that for a 'terror' is something else.

Animal lady
06-07-2005, 10:01 PM
My dog Butchy he's a Bosten Terrier he is CRAZY over ball's if u have one then he will just go nuts until he gets it!!!

:cool:

NickO
06-10-2005, 06:48 PM
My dog merlin can play with his ball for hours on end and he evan clacks his teeth when hes excited

deegayle
06-11-2005, 06:56 AM
want to hear something funny. I have a lab that hates the water and hates to retrieve. she will go pick the ball up but bring it back??? you have to be kidding me. I gave her a bath yesterday and she just looked at me to say...Are you finished with that water stuff yet Mom....lol

puggywuggles41893
06-21-2005, 12:37 PM
Yes, but annabelle can't fit them in her mouth. She rolls them around, Annabelle will kick a soccer ball around though.:)

deegayle
06-21-2005, 04:32 PM
kick a soccer ball huh??? I'll bet that is cute. tried to get mine to do that but no luck. lol

abbersmom
06-23-2005, 09:34 PM
Abby loves those soft cloth balls, perfect for her little mouth. She has a whole collection of them, which she hoards in "HER" windowsill behind the couch. She spends her evenings shoving them under the couch, then sticking her head under there (butt in the air with tail wagging 100 mph) & howling until we retrieve them for her. She has us well trained...

deegayle
06-23-2005, 10:46 PM
tht is cute. don't they all train us???? mine sure do. sparky has us convinced that we are there for the soul purpose of tending to him. hahahaha. He has a kong that he will chase all over everywhere and he plays fight with the cat. They say Jack Russells are suppose to hate cats. Mine loves his cat. they are too funny together.

anna_66
07-06-2005, 08:58 AM
This thread has been around a while and I thought for sure I had posted but I guess not!
Our RB Angus just LOVED balls, balls of any type...just as long as it was a ball!
But I think his favorite was his Big Red Ball!
This is a picture from when he had just gotten home from spending 3 days at the vets...he was sooo excited to play with his ball:D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid124/p1ec32e9ba887fa0891712124f1d22b61/f81b5296.jpg

Bon likes balls too, but not as much as Angus did!

Puppyonthegrass
07-10-2005, 10:26 PM
my dog lovves balls but when we bought her a frisbee she ripped it in pieces
she also nows how 2 play soccer:D

future vet
07-20-2005, 10:16 AM
Our dog, Tucker is obsessed! He always has one in his mouth, sometimes in his kennel, in the woods and yard. He loves them!

As for Fuji, our husky, she's not that interested but likes to watch Tucker get them.

elizabethann
07-20-2005, 11:52 AM
Does Fenway like to play with balls? His name isn't Fenway for nothing! We'll walk around the ball fields around town and he'll go into the woods and into the high grass. What does he come out with? A baseball!! Time for us to play catch!

:D