PDA

View Full Version : we had quite a scare!!!

lute
09-10-2004, 05:19 PM
this morning Beanie and I were just sitting on the couch watchin TV. when all of the sudden he just starts yelping and yelping! it was almost like he was screaming. this went on for about 2 mins. he looked like he was limping and bent out of shape. he ran under the couch and didn't come out for a long time.we almost took him to the vet,but we didn't.:(

the only thing we can think of that made him act like this was 2 yrs ago he was hit by a truck and hurt his front shoulder and leg. every once and a while he will do this.:(

we are looking for a vet around here. we havn't really looked too much yet because we just havn't had time since we've moved here.

any advice on what we should do next time he does this?

thanks,Lexie

P.S. we are going to get beanie's shots updated in the next week or so. we are WAY behind on them.:(

Logan
09-10-2004, 05:42 PM
Sounds like finding a reputable vet in your area should be the first thing on your list of things to do, Lexie. Your pets need to be up to date on their shots and you need a place to go in case of a medical issue!

I hope Beanie will be fine.

tatsxxx11
09-10-2004, 06:08 PM
Oh dear:( I'm with Logan. Definitely find a good vet asap to get Beanie checked over and updated on shots. Guessing as to the reason for Beanie's yelping and distress would be just that, guessing. Hopefully your sweetie is doing better now! I hope so. Please keep us updated and give Beanie a hug for me:)

lute
09-10-2004, 06:58 PM
Beanie is better now. we went for our daily run and he seems to be good as new.

we are looking for a good vet. just pray we find a good and cheap one.;)

lizbud
09-10-2004, 07:57 PM
Lute,

If you're new to the area, it's a good idea to call the local
Humane Society or a local Animal Shelter and tell them what
you need to find. I would hope they could give you the name
of a local Vet who would work with you on payment & costs.

Hope Beanie is still feeling better.:)

KYS
09-10-2004, 10:30 PM
I agree too, that a good looking over
by a vet would be the way to go.
I hope Beanie is ok.