PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been to a play?

teenster3
09-10-2004, 05:16 PM
Matthew & I were looking at things to do this weekend & he came across an ad for some plays that are going on.
Have any of you been to one? I've never gone to any plays & was wondering what they're like...fun or not?
Tina

Kfamr
09-10-2004, 05:17 PM
I've only been to school plays.

I'd LOVE to see Romeo and Juliet in a live play.

BCBlondie
09-10-2004, 05:43 PM
I've seen quite a few plays. I actually did spotlight and worked backstage for our local community theater when my mom was an actress in one of the plays they put on. :D They're fun!

Logan
09-10-2004, 05:47 PM
Plays are wonderful! I have never been to Broadway to see one, but I have seen several Broadway productions that came here. I saw "Victor, Victoria" with Toni Tennille several years ago, "The Sound of Music" and others.

Local theater is good too! I hope you will go.

lbaker
09-10-2004, 05:50 PM
Live theater should never be missed. Whether it be a play, a concert, an athletic event, the ballet, whatever. There is nothing like the real thing baby. Even amateur (sp?) events are so very special. Go for it, you will probably not be disapointed. Let us know what you think!

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-10-2004, 07:00 PM
Last year I went and saw Dracula for a feild trip in October, it was pretty good.

binka_nugget
09-10-2004, 07:22 PM
I saw a modern day rendition of "As You Like it". I actually only went to get out of school but it was really great! :D

Tweety_Pie
09-10-2004, 07:25 PM
I have seen school plays..

And I saw CATS a couple months ago :)

Samantha Puppy
09-10-2004, 07:43 PM
I love plays and musicals (there is a difference). I've both been in them, worked behind the scenes on them and seen them professionally. I love going to see musicals on Broadway - it's so much fun!! Comedy plays are a lot of fun too (can't say I care much for the dramas).

I definitely suggest going to see plays and musicals! It's so different from going to the movies. Have fun!

lizzielou742
09-10-2004, 10:32 PM
Because I was a fine arts major in college, I've been to a TON of plays. They're definitely fun! There are good plays and bad plays, but overall I enjoy going to a theatre and watching live acting. Especially now that I don't have to write any more reviews of them ;) :) Have fun!

heinz57_79
09-11-2004, 12:06 AM
I've seen, been in, and worked in the technical aspects of plays.. I ADORE the theatre! I've seen Cats four times, Miss Saigon, Chicago, Evita, Phantom of the Opera, Romeo and Juliet, and many many others. In fact, there are a bunch coming to town for the fall/winter season that I"m dying to go see; Chicago again, Throroughly MOdern Millie and ........ wait for it....... THE LION KING! They've finally taken it off Broadway! I would kill to go see it!

GoldenRetrLuver
09-11-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by heinz57_79
and ........ wait for it....... THE LION KING! They've finally taken it off Broadway! I would kill to go see it!

That was an AWESOME performance. By far the best play I have ever, ever seen.

I was in a few plays back in Middle School. I've seen a few plays [A couple "clips" of some of Shakespeare's work like Romeo and Juliet, Macbeth, A Midsummer Night's Dream, and a few others]. I really enjoy watching them. :)

Cincy'sMom
09-11-2004, 09:26 AM
I love plays andmusicals both and have been in both. We go every year toseveral high school muscial and sometimes to the broadway tours of musicals.