PDA

View Full Version : John Ritter family sues Burbank hospital

CountryWolf07
09-10-2004, 04:01 PM
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The family of John Ritter has sued a Burbank hospital, accusing it of negligence in the death of the 54-year-old actor. Ritter's wife Amy Yasbeck and his four children, including actor Jason Ritter, filed the wrongful death suit in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Sept. 3.

Ritter is famous for starring in the hit sitcoms Three's Company and 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter.
ABC

The suit said Ritter died in September 2003 of a tear in his aorta. But when he went to the emergency room complaining of chest pain, nausea and vomiting, he was misdiagnosed as having a heart attack, the suit alleges.

The legal action was reported by the entertainment news show Extra. It also names the medical staff of Providence St. Joseph's Medical Center.

The family alleged the hospital and medical staff were negligent and careless in their examination, diagnosis and treatment of Ritter's symptoms. The suit requests unspecified damages.

The hospital said in a prepared statement that it had not yet seen the suit and could not comment. The hospital also said it would not release information about Ritter because of patient privacy.

Ritter came to prominence in 1977 as Jack Tripper on the hit sitcom Three's Company. He made a successful return to sitcoms in 2002 with 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter.

Logan
09-10-2004, 04:31 PM
I read this today. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it yet. I assume they wouldn't be doing it if they didn't think it was justified. The saddest part is that it won't bring him back. :(

Mil0Luv3r
09-10-2004, 05:26 PM
I always watch his show Three's Company! I feel bad that he died!:( It wasn't his time but it was his time:(

kingrattus
09-10-2004, 08:02 PM
I cannot see it going too far. the family will loose. The Dr.s did their best & sometimes $h!* happeneds.

Something like this happened to a family friend's young daughtor (i didn't know them). SHe was showing signes of very painful growing pains. Little did they know it was a bone diesease & she died a year later. The Dr.s did the normal tests & never thought shed have something that bad, since most kids get really bad growing pains.

Mil0Luv3r
09-10-2004, 09:31 PM
Stuff like that doesnt always happen! And i bet they will win!!! I have had JRA sense I was 7 it took hundreds of shots and stuff intill Doctors found out. Think about it they are just not to smart:rolleyes: