PDA

View Full Version : Newest Project of last week...

Laura's Babies
09-10-2004, 02:56 PM
Remember me asking for web sights for building cat trees last week? Well, none quite fit the bill for the space I had so me and Mike (Yetta's Dad) came up with our own.. He only had a few hours each day to work on it so it took us all week to get it done.. Finished it today.....Durning all the cats naptime so they haven't really checked it out yet. You will notice a carpeted board on the right side propped up, that is to be Amy's handicap ramp when he gets the brackets made to attach that with....

I see NOTHING wrong with the job two beginners did.. Our FIRST job like this.. How about you?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid139/p157d816cc329b9084321f27466e6ea87/f710be9f.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid139/p6faec23838a858ab5a0a20f5869df025/f710be95.jpg

catlover4ever
09-10-2004, 02:59 PM
WOW, that came out wonderful!!!! I like the colors you chose.

Laura's Babies
09-10-2004, 03:07 PM
LOL! The colors was free left over carpet...We didn't make any choice on that!

Jods
09-10-2004, 03:14 PM
I LOVE IT!!!

carla and mike
09-10-2004, 03:28 PM
That's one of the best I've seen.Great job.:D

jazzcat
09-10-2004, 03:35 PM
Wow, that is awesome!!!!! I bet there are going to be some extremely happy cats!

You guys did a great job and I love the style you made.

DJFyrewolf36
09-10-2004, 04:00 PM
That is so cool!! I'm sure the kitties will have a blast! The ramp is a great idea, I don't think there are any cat trees on the market with that option. Perhaps you should go into business making trees for special needs/older kitties! ;)

Tina
09-10-2004, 04:04 PM
That is so cool!

catnapper
09-10-2004, 04:11 PM
Laura, that is fantastic! I'm impressed... you could have bought that for a couple hundred dollars! Wow!

I am planning on making my own cat tree too - out of real tree limbs! My mom had her oak tree trimmed and she brought me up a few pieces so I could make a cat tree. I have the carpet left over from when our house was carpeted... how much cheaper can I get? :D I like the sisal idea, so I'll have to hunt down a way to get some free sisal roping! LOL

As for brackets, couldn't you use door hinges? Screw one side to the underside of the one level, then to theoside of the bracket to the back of the ramp?

Laura's Babies
09-10-2004, 04:18 PM
DJF.. Mike thinks we should go into the business too, IF we can get the supplies free. I have already been given a piece of beautiful white carpet (from DIL) and a wire spool from the home improvement store. (We both have more ideas than we have space tho!)

Mike came up with the idea of the ramp for Amy, he said in case she gets worse in the years or to use now. She seemed to know what that was for because when we propped it up against a cabinet, she started trying to climb it.

Jazzcat... Funny you should remark on the style. We bought the stuff, planning to make the cat tree pole type and soon as we left with all the materials, I thought I would rather have this style... we wanted it to look "off set" once we agreed to do it this way. One top perch is 3 feet up and the other is 4 with a shelf in the middle at window seal leval and I used cup hooks UNDER all the perches for danglely things, even the very bottom has dangles.

Catnapper... DUH! I think door hinges would work PERFECT!! If Mike don' t make them tonight at work, that's what we'll do!! GREAT IDEA!

Lucky's Maw Maw
09-10-2004, 04:22 PM
Way TOOOOOOOO kewl neighbor!!!! Lucky saw it and said "Where's mine, Aunt Laura?" LOL....you kow how he is about you. Uh-oh....he is batting his eyes and purr talking at it.....you are in trouble now!!! Just look at those big gold eyes !!!!

sirrahbed
09-10-2004, 04:42 PM
Laura - that tree is just terrific!!! Fabulous! Those kitties are going to have a GREAT time on there. You saved big bucks on it too. It is purrfect:D

K & L
09-10-2004, 04:44 PM
Great job! Hopefully this will inspire Kevin to get busy on one!:D

catcrazylady
09-10-2004, 06:12 PM
I LOVE it!!!! You guys did a great job and I know the kitties are going to have a ball on it!
I agree that there should be cat trees for special needs babies. They want to get on the tree shelves too!!
Great job and now we want pictures of the kitties on the tree!:D :D :D

christa
09-10-2004, 08:12 PM
Great Job, Laura!!! Very professional!!!

QueenScoopalot
09-10-2004, 08:15 PM
Nice job! I'll bet the kitties are going to love it when they get going on it. ;)

kimlovescats
09-10-2004, 09:54 PM
Fantastic, Laura ... I'm impressed!!!

catmandu
09-11-2004, 09:15 AM
I was lucky,and The Found Cats,received thier Cat Tree,from Anna,of Gerona,Spain,as I could never build one!Your first effort,is Great,and we are sure,that your Cats,LOVE IT!