PDA

View Full Version : I need some ideas

Tina
09-10-2004, 01:45 PM
My husband and I will be married for 5 years on September 25th. We are trying to think of what we want to do. I'm not that great of coming up with ideas. We don't have a bunch money so we can't go out of state.

I thought maybe stay home and do a movie or something, or maybe go to a nice park and go hiking and have a picnic. I also thought about going out and grabing something to eat, then come back home and watch some movies.

We would like to do something special since it is our 5 year wedding anniversary.

He is kinda of hinting going camping and to a couple mud bogs that weekend.:rolleyes: I don't mind going there actually ok since we are think of building a truck to race. But I just don't think I'd want to.

Anyways if anyone could help me come up with some good ideas, I will appreciate it.:)

Samantha Puppy
09-10-2004, 01:51 PM
Go out to a nice restaurant for a romantic dinner and back to the house to relax (sans children!). Get some scented oils and candles, take a bath together and then give each other massages. :)

jazzcat
09-10-2004, 02:12 PM
I hope you come up with something fun to do.

Our 14th anniversary is just a few days before yours, Sept. 22. Since we are in the middle of some house remodeling I'm sure we will still be working on it then - oh joy! Last year we celebrated while painting and recarpeting our living and dining rooms. We always seem to be in the middle of house work on our anniversary.:(

catnapper
09-10-2004, 05:02 PM
Lori, your anniversaries sound like ours! :D

Tina, we are in a similar situation where we can't afford much. The one thing we did was go to the discount movies (do you have one near you... we have a theater that shows older movies - still blockbusters, but ones that are "old" now... like the one by me is playing "I Robot". They are $2 to see a movie) My husband and I go there on "dates" and its a lot of fun because we don't get out and see movies often, so its a real treat, even if its $4 for the two of us! :D Then we went for icecream afterwards. FUN! Dinner was too expensive but we could still enjoy a sundae or cone! Our whole date night out cost us $12 total and we had a BLAST. Who says you have to spend a fortune to have fun? Its the company that counts!

Oh, I forgot our fun-filled trip to Home Depot! :D My mom's standard gifts to my brother and me is a Home Depot gift card! She knows what we need most! LOL

Logan
09-10-2004, 05:38 PM
If you can settle the children with someone else overnight, have a celebration at home, alone, Tina. Scott and I got married, went away for one night and came home to three kids! LOL!!! :eek: We're still waiting on an official honeymoon, 1 1/2 years later!!

If the kids are going to be with you, do what one of my friends did for her anniversary this past weekend. Put the kids to bed and have a late night dinner, together, minus the children. Grill a steak, light candles, drink wine or tea, whatever works for you. Just catch up a bit, together.

My husband spoiled me with a terrific surprise on our first anniversary, but it was very expensive. We went to the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC and stayed at the Inn, there. It was very special, especially because my first trip to the Biltmore House was with him. I didn't want to leave. I remember calling our Pet Talk friend, Pam. from the road on my cell phone, not knowing where we were headed. I was so excited, and it was a marvelous, romantic surprise, but I would have been content to be right here at home with the dogs and Scott. Something tells me that our second won't be so grand, but I'm sure we'll still do something special, even if we're right here. :)

Happy Anniversary a little early.

Logan

Cincy'sMom
09-10-2004, 05:44 PM
I'm sorry I don't have any ideas for you, but I may steal some from you...Ralph and I will be married for 5 years Nov. 25, 2005...so I have a bit more time to plan :)

Tina
09-10-2004, 05:44 PM
I'm pretty sure his parents will be watching the kids.

I do like the idea of staying home and doing some catching up. Maybe we could order some food and get a couple movies to watch also.

Kim I don't think we have a place that plays discount movies. I wish we did. I guess that is the down side of living back in the boonies.:(

Thanks for the ideas keep them coming.:)

Karen
09-10-2004, 05:50 PM
Looked it up - the "traditional" gift for a 5th anniversary is wood. Any place to take a nice canoe trip? Okay, most canoes these days are fiberglass, not wood, but ... Or have a fireside dinner?