PDA

View Full Version : Possum girl

Medusa
09-10-2004, 10:30 AM
Hi There,
I'm trying to visit the site at least once a day and, since I'm here, thought I'd update on Possum, one of the new moms that I took in to be spayed. She came through w/no problem whatsoever but, when I brought her home and let her out of the carrier, she jumped the entire height of the door. I was concerned about her stitches but she's ok now. I thought she'd never let me near her again, seeing that she's feral and I probably lost her trust. But she jumped on my lap and seems to not be holding a grudge, although she's still fearful when I first go into the garage. I'll be happy to let her socialize w/the other outdoor cats again. And I can't wait to see the reunion when she sees her 4 babies again, actually the 7 babies, since she and her sister have been nursing them interchangeably.

Thanx all for listening.

Blessings,
M

Logan
09-10-2004, 10:59 AM
I hope that Possum and the babies will continue to thrive! Glad she's doing so well!!! :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-10-2004, 11:40 AM
Sounds like you're doing a wonderful job with her. I'm glad she's not holding a grudge, but I like to think they know that you're only trying to help them.

Medusa
09-10-2004, 12:22 PM
I know what you mean; I like to think that, too. But when I see the fearful look in their eyes, it's heartbreaking. It's a rough world out there for ferals and I wish I could take them all in. But...seeing that I'm still renting, although I'm getting closer to buying, I can't keep bringing cats in the house. I swore I'd stop at 4. I'm up to 7. (My landlord thinks I have 1.) But I'm sure you all can relate.

Possum's little brother and sister didn't survive the winter, even though I put heating pads in all the shelters and took the best care of them I possible could. Kit, who was the other half of Kaboodle, disappeared and I know he won't be back. He was too tiny. And Rascal died inside one of the boxes. I heard him scratch at the carpet piece I had put in there and when I looked inside, he just collapsed. So, I feel extra responsible to Possum and Kaboodle now.

Well, I'm rambling, so I'll just say "Have a nice weekend, everyone." I hope to get a little riding in.

Blessings,
M

kiara-cat
09-10-2004, 01:55 PM
deeppink
their is a stray kitty hanging aronud my house i want to tske him in but my mom says i cant what should i do with him:confused: :(

kiara-cat

Medusa
09-10-2004, 03:21 PM
If ya feed the kitty, it's your kitty. S/he'll keep coming back. Check and see if it belongs to anyone (if there are fliers posted, check the newspaper, etc.) If not, check w/the local pet rescue organizations. Don't bring it in the house, especially if you have other cats, until you have it checked for contagious diseases. Maybe Mom will let you keep it in the garage until it's seen by a vet. I can't resist feeding an animal; I just can't do it. But just remember that, if you do, you've got yourself a cat, kiddo.

Good luck and blessings,
M