PDA

View Full Version : Update on Merlin :-)

catlover4ever
09-10-2004, 07:52 AM
I have made wonderful progress with Merlin. While I still do not know if he is a she I have been able to get closer to Merlin than I had in the past.

Last night Merlin came up to the breezeway and jumped on the top of Tucker's house that I keep out there for her. He began to "meow" to let me know that he was outside. So I made a dish for him and went out and sat with him. While he was eating I managed to pet his head without him running away. He is still very scared at sudden movements but after he let me pet his head he moved closer and I was able to pet his entire body for a good 5 minutes while he ate his dinner.

I decided that I would go in the house and get him a toy mouse and sprinkle a little catnip on it to see if he would like it...well he took the mouse and rolled all over the breezeway and then when I snapped the first picture he took the mouse and RAN with it.

Here are a few pictures. Keep me in your prayers that Merlin will keep trusting me. He is such a beautiful cat.

Here he is with the mouse.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid138/pcaba31ebf8c551c13915f868735419eb/f711c444.jpg

Here he is hidding from me with the mouse. He took it to my bird garden and went under one of the shrubs.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid138/p4cac17d5da5abba8eae58fa1be882eb1/f711c449.jpg

And finally on a "catnip high". It was almost an hour that he had this mouse and he really did tear it apart. It is missing most of it "fur".
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid138/pb408cf3eb882ba3c024874352352a31b/f711c441.jpg

catnapper
09-10-2004, 07:56 AM
Well, if you keep giving him gifts like that, he'll be begging you for petting soon! :D

Seriously, joiking aside, that's great news. Its looks like he loved his mousie gift, and he/she is certainly beautiful! Keep up the good work!

catcrazylady
09-10-2004, 08:07 AM
Meg this is how I got all of my older ferals. Every night at feeding time I would sit and talk to them until I could touch them. Over time the trust will build and Merlin will settle in with you. I think in a short amount of time you just might have a love muffin on your hands!!! :) Especially if you keep bribing him/her with gifts!!:D :D

kimlovescats
09-10-2004, 08:23 AM
WOW, Meg what an improvement!!! Awww, he/she reminds me so much of my Bonnie Girl. She is even still a bit of a scaredy cat if I am moving about, but if I sit on the couch or a chair .... she will come over and hop in my lap now!!! I am so proud of her ... and you and your Merlin!

Keep up the great work, and keep those mousies "in stock"!!! :D

smokey the elder
09-10-2004, 08:27 AM
What a handsome kitty Merlin is!

catmandu
09-10-2004, 09:03 AM
Merlin,like The Strays,that visit the Hotel,on a daily basis,is a little nervous,around people,even though I feed them everyday!Keep at it,and soon you will have a life long Friend!

jazzcat
09-10-2004, 10:12 AM
I love the mousie pictures.

That is great news Meg. I'll keep some prayers on the way the great progress continues.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-10-2004, 11:10 AM
I think you've made wonderful progress with Merlin! Just the fact that he/she moved closer once you started petting tells a lot. He obvioulsy wanted full body pets instead of just head pets. :D

And I agree, keep bribing him with catnip mice and you'll have a sweet snuggle bunny on your hands in no time. :D

Keep up the good work - and the picture taking. ;) :D