PDA

View Full Version : I thought it was a Deer!

Logan
09-09-2004, 10:07 PM
I was driving up the interstate yesterday after spending much of my day in Columbia, SC, working. I was on my cell phone, and made the comment to my co-worker, who I was talking with on the phone, that I thought it strange to see a Deer grazing on the side of the interstate in the middle of the afternoon.

As I got closer, I realized that it was NOT a Deer at all, but a Goat!!! I wanted to turn around and go get it, but of course, I had no idea how to capture a Goat. I just had to say a quick prayer that the Goat had the sense to head back where it came from and not out into traffic.

I think my husband would have had me committed if I had come home with a rescue Goat!!! I just hope the little fellow is ok.

wolfie
09-09-2004, 10:25 PM
Oh, poor goat. I hope he made it safely home.

RobiLee
09-09-2004, 10:40 PM
Well, just picturing you trying to catch that goat and bring it home gave me a chuckle.

I hope the poor thing found its way home.

Robin :)

Logan
09-10-2004, 05:42 AM
Well, Robin, it actually crossed my mind to turn around and go back and get that goat! My friend (co-worker) who was on the phone with me and knows me very well said "keep going, Logan". I don't know what I could have done (can you see me putting a goat in the back of my SUV?). When I told Scott about it later, he said it was a good thing that Suzanne was on the phone with me! ;)

RobiLee
09-10-2004, 07:03 AM
Hehehe....you made me giggle again this morning! Thank goodness you were on the phone with your friend who had some smart advice. Who knows what kind of mess you would have gotten into. Oh my, I'm still picturing you trying to get that goat in your suv. Lordy, If I would have tried that my hubby would kill me too ;) :p

Robin :)

catnapper
09-10-2004, 08:05 AM
LOL... I'm nearly falling off the chair from laughing! I can imagine the scene now! My husband would have flipped if I brought home a goat... they just don't get it do they? We are compelled to save every creature around, and they are compelled to say "what did you bring home this time?"

pitc9
09-10-2004, 08:09 AM
LOL!!!
Reminds me of a time just a few months back. My hubby and I were driving down the freeway, and I saw a dog running with traffic on the berm. So I started to slow down, and was driving in the berm. I was going to jump out and get the dog.

Well.. once I got closer I realized it was a Coyote!!!!
My hubby thought I had lost my mind!!:p

dogs_4_me
09-10-2004, 11:32 AM
Poor goat! Aw I hope it finds it way home soon!

ramanth
09-10-2004, 12:02 PM
Well....if you see the goat again..then it's a sign. ;) :D

dappledoxie
09-10-2004, 12:19 PM
Aww, I love goats! On the way to school on the side of the road there were about 8 goats, I was like oh no!

I hope that goat and these goats are all okay.

gini
09-10-2004, 12:26 PM
Logan, you just gave me the first good laugh of the day.

Pretty soon your husband isn't going to let you out of the house in fear of what you will bring home.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-10-2004, 12:58 PM
LOL!
As one who has been known to stop her car and help turtles cross the road, I completely understand the need to help that goat. I have trouble understanding ones who wouldn't.:D