PDA

View Full Version : Darn Pop-ups!!!

sammy101
09-09-2004, 09:17 PM
omg im getting so annoyed with all this pop-up crap!!:mad: its slowing down my computer so much.my pop-up blocker that i got from msn was working until i downloaded Kazaa,then with that came all these other stuff,so i had to delete all this stuff,and i ya im getting mad!you download one thing,and in the end you ended downloading like 20 things!!:eek: GRR so anoying!
The pop-ups make the computer stall!im getting so angry and i can never browse(spll??) the internet peacefully with out getting all this stuff in your way.

anyone else have this problem??

sorry of it was too confusing,i was just rambling on.lol.:rolleyes:

dukedogsmom
09-09-2004, 09:33 PM
Download the google toolbar. It's not spyware and blocks about 95% of them. Makes dealing with the web a lot more pleasant. Plus, if there's a site where you want to allow popups, it's really easy to change. I've also heard that the Yahoo toolbar is good. Don't know if it's got spyware or not, though.

RobiLee
09-09-2004, 10:49 PM
I know the feeling! My computer has been a mess for the past few days. It has been so frustrating. My son has been trying to clean it up all day today. It is much better now and I am actually able to get on pet talk and do some posting. YAY!!!!

Robin :)

binka_nugget
09-09-2004, 10:52 PM
Kazaa is filled with tons of spy-ware.

I use the google ad-blocker as well. I rarely get a popup now.

lizzielou742
09-10-2004, 08:28 AM
I switched my browser from Internet Explorer to Mozilla Firefox and now I never get a popup. I can't remember the last time I saw one. It has a Google toolbar built in too.

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

HoRsELUvR
09-10-2004, 02:17 PM
When I used internet explorer on my other computer I got a lot of pop ups.I have aol pop up blocker, which works well on this computer.I guess cause im not using internet explorer.

tatsxxx11
09-10-2004, 02:29 PM
I haven't had one pop up siince getting my new computer, XP Windows version loaded with Norton 2004. Before that, I was getting 2-3 pop up a minute!!! Definitely had Spyware on my computer:( I tried downloading Adware and they only made the problem worse. Since getting this computer, I haven't downloaded one program over the internet, won't use any IM'ing program, for just the reasons you described!