PDA

View Full Version : Any Chihuahuas out there!

Chica
09-09-2004, 08:42 PM
Hi,
I am a new owner of a female chihuahua. I have had her 2 months now, she is 5 months old and weighs 3 lbs. 5 oz. and she is brindle coloring. I have read several books on chi's. She fits all the criteria. She chews on everything, so I watch her like a hawk. I spray scent training repellent on things she likes to chew that are not her toys. She is very active. Also sweet and loving. I love this breed very much, and I would definitely get another Chihuahua later on when she is about 3 years old. I need to have her fully trained first. That would be better for the next one, because Chica would probably help train the puppy I get, right. Tell me about your Chi's. I would like to hear from you.:) ;)

flamepony12
09-09-2004, 08:50 PM
OMG i wish i had 1~~! they r so cuuuuute :)

KYS
09-09-2004, 09:06 PM
I don't have a chi, but I will share
yours. :D

Glad to see you got your computer running again.

stacwase
09-09-2004, 09:46 PM
I have two! Hopefully I just have them temporarily, but I've had them since May. Chloe is almost two and 2.5 lbs. Tony is almost one and 3.5-4 lbs.

I never in a million years would have chosen a chihuahua as a pet. If you had asked me to name two breeds of dogs I would never, ever own I would have said "Chihuahua, and St. Bernard."

But I LOVE THEM! They're the sweeeeeetest little things. They're so cuddly and loving. I loved their feisty characters and the fact that they are so alert. I always know when somebody's coming down the road way before I could ever hear them with my own ears. They're playful, cuddly, courageous little dogs. I would definitely get one in the future if one ever became available at the shelter or through a rescue.

These two have been giving me fits with housebreaking, but that's just because they were so old when I got them and still hadn't been housebroken.

Is your chi doing OK with housebreaking? We want to see pics!

Chica
09-09-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by stacwase
I have two! Hopefully I just have them temporarily, but I've had them since May. Chloe is almost two and 2.5 lbs. Tony is almost one and 3.5-4 lbs.

I never in a million years would have chosen a chihuahua as a pet. If you had asked me to name two breeds of dogs I would never, ever own I would have said "Chihuahua, and St. Bernard."

But I LOVE THEM! They're the sweeeeeetest little things.
Is your chi doing OK with housebreaking? We want to see pics!

Hi, Are you going to keep your 2 Chi's? I am still going through the process of housebreaking her. I put WeeWee pads and newspaper on the floor and she uses them 90% of the time. Sometimes she misses. She is really smart. She also goes potty outside on the grass because I say to her "go potty" and she does it. She knows the words. I teach her other words and she learns fast. I will try to post more pictures.
:) :) :) :)

lute
09-09-2004, 10:55 PM
i don't have one,i wish i did,but i don't. the lady that lives in the apartment right across from us has one. his name is butters and he is about 5 lbs. he's really cute and let's us know who's boss when we are too loud.lol:D