PDA

View Full Version : We're having a heat wave.....

Don Juan's mom
09-09-2004, 06:43 PM
And Don Juan has been imitating a cat-skin rug for most of the day. He insists on doing this in front of the open door (no screen), so he can chase the sparrows. :rolleyes:

Hasn't caught one yet, though. :p I guess if he does, he will just be fulfilling his natural duty as a predator (eliminating the slow and stupid birds). :D

Liz

RedHedd
09-09-2004, 06:54 PM
Yup - my two are miserable too. Mitzi has taken to singing about it too so now I have TWO singing cats! She's miserable with her thick wooly fur, however Mishi seems to be taking it in stride. Do cats sweat? These past few days with our 90+ temps Mishi sometimes feels damp.

catnapper
09-09-2004, 08:32 PM
Poor guys! Its nice and cool here - even if it is very humid. But Allen and Pouncer send their sympathies at any rate.

As for open door.. Pouncer loves to do that too! Only once he DID catch a bird! :eek: I was beside myself and he was PROUD. :rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
09-09-2004, 10:39 PM
My kitties are also doing impressions of the carpet/rug!! Its soooooo freaking gross here....I hate indian summers....ick!!!

catcrazylady
09-10-2004, 06:57 AM
Mine are laying on the cool kitchen floor but they have plenty of AC so I don't know what their problem is!:D

catmandu
09-10-2004, 09:13 AM
Its only,this last few weeks,that we really have had,what you could call Hot Weather,and The Found cats,are camped out,in the Sun Room,bathing,in the Rays!

Don Juan's mom
09-12-2004, 01:29 AM
Glad to know I'm not the only one with a cat-skin rug in my house.

This made me think of a story my grandmother would tell about her cat Albert, a black-and-white who passed away more than 40 years ago. It was the hottest day of the summer (and in Philadelphia that's REALLY hot, and sticky), and of course the furnace man had come to test the furnace. Albert, then a tom in the prime of life, had spread himself on the porch swing so flat that Grandmother swore he wasn't more than an inch thick at any point. The furnace man finished up and left.... then knocked on the screen and said "Lady, I think your cat's dead!" Naturally, that made Albert lift his head and give the man a dirty look, for disturbing his siesta. :)

Liz

kitten645
09-12-2004, 06:28 AM
that made me ROFL..I was just in Atlanta and got hit up the arse by Frances. Many hours later at airports ended up in Vegas and finally home to 107!!!I got home to my two boys in an A/C apartment happy as clams. C'est la vie......
Ktn:p