PDA

View Full Version : PT Prayers needed...

Samantha Puppy
09-09-2004, 04:09 PM
As some of you know, I am extremely unhappy in my current job and went on a job interview last Thursday. Out of over 100 applicants, they narrowed it down to 3 (of which I was one) and called us in for a second interview. That was today.

I think I did okay but my husband's mother works where I interviewed and told me that they were very impressed with another of the final three who had more TV experience than I have, so now I'm really nervous.

See, this job would be PERFECT for me. It's for my county's public school system. Not only does it involve administrative assistant work (which I actually like, I like helping people), it also involves the website and the television station - both of which I am very interested and experienced (well, not very experienced but I do have experience in both). They are areas that I find interesting and I'd like to go further into. I'd be working less than 3 miles from home. I'd have government benefits. It is, basically, the PERFECT job for me. And because I'm a major pessimist, I've alraedy got myself not getting it because it's so perfect. Nothing ever works that way for me.

So. I need your help. I've seen how PT prayers work. And I need them. Really really really badly. They're supposed to let me know tomorrow. So please. Pray for me right now, tonight, tomorrow. If you're not religious, cross some fingers and wish me luck. Anything positive you got goin', send my way. PLEASE. You have no idea how upset I'm going to be if I don't get it. The thought of staying in my current position is enough to make me sick to my stomach. I've gotta get out.

Thanks for listening to the rantings of a madwoman. And remember, pray! Please!!!

Jaime

chrissycat21
09-09-2004, 04:11 PM
I'll be crossing my fingers for you Jaime! Hope you ge the job!!!

davidpizzica
09-09-2004, 04:18 PM
Jamie, you have my positive thoughts, wishes, and prayers that you will get this great job! Nikki and Daisy have their paws crossed for you, too! Never underestimate the power of PT!!

DJFyrewolf36
09-09-2004, 04:33 PM
More PT prayers here for you!! Paws crossed too!

lizzielou742
09-09-2004, 04:36 PM
Good Luck, Jaime!!! I hope you get it, it does sound perfect!! I feel your pain. I hate interviewing. I don't like my job and have to go out an look for a new one...it sucks.

Again, Good Luck!!:)

Miss Meow
09-09-2004, 04:44 PM
On the way.

They must already like you if you've made it this far, so I hope you make it all the way! :D

Samantha Puppy
09-09-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
They must already like you if you've made it this far, so I hope you make it all the way! :D I hope so, too! :(

Thanks for your prayers, everyone... I *really* appreciate it.

robinh
09-09-2004, 07:31 PM
Prayers coming from the pups and I - that's a lot of prayers.
:)

Logan
09-09-2004, 08:59 PM
Good luck, Jaime!!!! :)

NoahsMommy
09-09-2004, 10:23 PM
I'll be praying :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-10-2004, 07:48 AM
Keeping you in my prayers, and waiting for GOOD NEWS!!

Edwina's Secretary
09-10-2004, 08:05 AM
Have you sent a follow up note? (email is fine.) Three paragraphs....

one...thanking for taking time...etc.etc. and something you learned about the organizatin..."it was interesting to learn that....."

second paragraph...I am the ideal cadidate for the job because...mention some of your skills or experience that qualifies you for the job.

Last....and this can be difficult ask for the job!

pitc9
09-10-2004, 08:10 AM
Good Luck!!!

We all are pulling for you!

KYS
09-10-2004, 08:25 AM
Sending good thoughts your way that you get
the job.

Samantha Puppy
09-10-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Have you sent a follow up note? (email is fine.) Three paragraphs....

one...thanking for taking time...etc.etc. and something you learned about the organizatin..."it was interesting to learn that....."

second paragraph...I am the ideal cadidate for the job because...mention some of your skills or experience that qualifies you for the job.

Last....and this can be difficult ask for the job! I have them ready to go - all I need is a few stamps. They said they should have a decision today so they won't get them until probably after I find out if I got it or not, but even if I don't maybe it'll impress them and they'll remember me in the future. Or something.

Thanks SO MUCH for all the prayers, thoughts and well wishes everyone. Keep them coming... they could be discussing it right now!

DJFyrewolf36
09-10-2004, 09:49 AM
Still hoping and Praying here!!!

Samantha Puppy
09-10-2004, 10:16 AM
Me too. I'll let you guys know when I hear something. They said they hoped to have a decision today but who knows, maybe they won't.

Being the pessimist that I've always been, I don't think I'll get it. It would be too perfect a job for me, I'd be too happy, and nothing ever goes that way for me. The interview yesterday went okay, I know they liked what I said in response to their questions but I just don't think I'll get it. My life just doesn't work out that way. Never has so why would this time be any different?

We'll see I guess, but I'm not holding out much hope... though prayers are still constantly going!

Samantha Puppy
09-10-2004, 02:06 PM
Didn't get it. http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/sad/1346.gifhttp://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/sad/239.gif

robinh
09-10-2004, 02:38 PM
I'm so sorry! Did they say why?

Samantha Puppy
09-10-2004, 02:44 PM
Someone else had a little more experience with the television aspect of the job.

I know it's just a job, but I want out of my current one so badly the thought of not getting out in the forseeable future is enough to make me sick to my stomach. I've been in tears since I got the call - I feel like a baby. I knew it was too perfect, I knew I wouldn't get it but I was still hoping against hope that I would.

Logan
09-10-2004, 04:23 PM
Hang in there! I completely understand where you are at this point jobwise! The right thing will come along. As a wise person told me recently, "This isn't death, it is a job. Keep things in perspective." That's what I'm trying to do!

Logan

Samantha Puppy
09-10-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Hang in there! I completely understand where you are at this point jobwise! The right thing will come along. As a wise person told me recently, "This isn't death, it is a job. Keep things in perspective." That's what I'm trying to do!

Logan I feel a little better though I'm still seriously disappointed. When I left work this afternoon, I passed by a whole group of homeless people and it made me feel bad that I was crying over not getting a NEW job when they don't have one at all. Then when I got home, Josh took me to a Japanese steakhouse - my favorite kind of restaurant - which made me feel even better.

It's just this job would've been perfect for me. The offices are less than 5 minutes from my house. I would've been able to come home and have lunch with Samantha every day. I would've had all government holidays off. I would've been more than just "Here, fax this" type stuff that I'm doing now. I know I would've been happy... but, I've got to have faith. God didn't intend this job for me for a reason... and hopefully there's another one out for me somewhere.

Thanks for all the prayers, everyone.