PDA

View Full Version : A Big Step For My Rescue Work!

kimlovescats
09-09-2004, 03:11 PM
I am so excited to announce this. My Vet wrote me a formal letter stating that I have been a client of hers for years and rescue cats and kittens in hopes of finding them homes. With this letter, I will now be able to set up a Petfinder.com website!!! I am still trying to make my final decision on what my rescue will be called, and drawing up some paperwork!

Hopefully this will draw in some public attention, and get me some support .... whether it be in finances or foster homes. The best thing is that some of these kitties will finally get HOMES!!!
:D

K & L
09-09-2004, 03:13 PM
YIPPEEEEE!!! How deserving and CONGRATULATIONS! I have a few that can be on your website!:D

kimlovescats
09-09-2004, 03:14 PM
You know, Lisa ... that is a GREAT idea .... I can have any courtesy listings I want to! Petfinder.com is viewed all over the US!!!

:eek:

K & L
09-09-2004, 03:16 PM
Please keep us posted on this exciting news!

wolflady
09-09-2004, 03:22 PM
Wow! Congratulations on the great news!!! :D I think it's a great idea to put both yours and K&L's available kitties up on a PetFinder website! What a great opportunity to find these furkids some homes! Do keep us posted!

**hugs**
Karen

catnapper
09-09-2004, 03:22 PM
Wow! Talk about validation! I'm thrilled for you! Oh what to name your rescue???

lizzielou742
09-09-2004, 03:25 PM
That's wonderful news! I think your rescue organization's name really needs to be a special one. Do you have any ideas yet?

Maybe something to do with one of your favorite success stories?

christa
09-09-2004, 03:30 PM
Oh Kim, I'm so excited for you!!! This will be such a great opportunity for your foster babies!!! They'll be internet stars and will find forever homes so much faster!!!

Congrats!!! This is awesome news!

aly
09-09-2004, 03:53 PM
How WONDERFUL. I REALLY wish I could have a petfinder site since I have so many adult cats to place. Nothing beats that exposure. I am very happy for you :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-09-2004, 04:11 PM
Great news Kim!!! And knowing how good you are with pictures and on the computer, I'm sure your kitties will look better than all the other petfinder kitties and all will be adopted in no time flat! ;) :)

Barbara
09-09-2004, 04:24 PM
Oh that's glorious! Some of you out there (like Aly and K&L..) should found Pet Talk rescue;)

Laura's Babies
09-09-2004, 04:27 PM
I am SOOOo excited for you Kim!! That is wonderful news, you are finlly getting the attention you deserve!!! YAAAAAH!!!

"Kimlovescats Rescue Group" I think it should reflect and honor YOU (and those like you who do this work).

Wow folks, and we can say..."we knew her when......"

BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!

aly
09-09-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Barbara
Oh that's glorious! Some of you out there (like Aly and K&L..) should found Pet Talk rescue;)

You know, I've never even thought that some of us should join together for a nation-wide rescue. That would be AWESOME!

carole
09-09-2004, 04:31 PM
CONGRATULATIONS this is awesome news and well deserved Kim, why don't you just call your group Kimlovescats Rescue Group. as suggested, I think that would be so appropriate.:) ;)

DJFyrewolf36
09-09-2004, 04:44 PM
Awesome news!!! Wow, now people all over the US will be able to see your kitties and maybe help out! Hoooray! Keep us updated :D

Grace
09-09-2004, 05:18 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Awesome news.

carla and mike
09-09-2004, 06:00 PM
This is such great news for you and your cats.You really needed this break.:) :D :)

DogLover9501
09-09-2004, 06:16 PM
Kim, that is GREAT news!!!! :D :D :D

I bet your very happy and excited over this!!

I think(no...I *KNOW*) this will be a HUGE help with your rescue!!!!

Huge CONGRATS!!!!

rg_girlca
09-09-2004, 08:03 PM
................A BIG HEARTY CONGRATULATIONS KIM....................

I am so happy for you and your kitties.
This couldn't have come at a better time.

I love Laura's idea of, "Kimlovescats Rescue Group" and that it should reflect and honor YOU.

Such great news.:D

jazzcat
09-09-2004, 08:12 PM
Oh Kim that is wonderful news!!! This is just what you needed!

Looks like Debbie may be making the first official adoptions from your rescue!

I think we need to celebrate!!

NoahsMommy
09-09-2004, 10:43 PM
YAY!!!! :) :) :)

I'm so glad for this good news. :D

jenluckenbach
09-10-2004, 05:44 AM
What a giant leap. Nothing like petfinder.com for exposure. Congratulaions and good luck!

catcrazylady
09-10-2004, 05:57 AM
OMG Kim!!! How fantastic!!!:D :D :D
This is so wonderful and I know this will help you find great homes for so many of these babies!
This has to be a wonderful relief to you but so exciting at the same time!

WAY TO GO KIM!!!!

kimlovescats
09-10-2004, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
OMG Kim!!! How fantastic!!!:D :D :D
This is so wonderful and I know this will help you find great homes for so many of these babies!
This has to be a wonderful relief to you but so exciting at the same time!

WAY TO GO KIM!!!!

I was up until 3:00 a.m. this morning working on my paperwork for my rescue, and to be sent in to Petfinder. :rolleyes: I spent almost five hours straight doing all that ..... I was determined to get it turned in ASAP. ;)

I have decided on a name for my rescue .... after really months of thinking ... but non-stop obsessive thinking over the past 48 hours! :rolleyes: I will announce the new name in another thread! ;)

catnapper
09-10-2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by kimlovescats

I have decided on a name for my rescue .... after really months of thinking ... but non-stop obsessive thinking over the past 48 hours! :rolleyes: I will announce the new name in another thread! ;)

Ack! You built it up so I'm on the edge of my seat... then you leave em hanging! You'd better post that other thread real fast! :D

congratulations again! I'm so excited for you!

smokey the elder
09-10-2004, 08:34 AM
Oh sure, leave us hanging.;) Congratulations on your new rescue group and access to Petfinder!

sirrahbed
09-10-2004, 08:44 AM
KIM!!! This is FABULOUS!!! Your very own rescue. I mean, you've been doing it anyway and now it gets the recognition it deserves:) I amd SO proud of you!! WE are so proud of you!!:D :D I can't wait to hear the name you have picked out. I had a dream about this last night. I will be floored if the real name has anything to do with my dream so I am going to PM it to you so I don't look silly here:D
((((((KIM)))))))) Great work and congratulations!!! Will Robbie and Lizzie be *officially* adopted with a receipt and everything??:D :D Will we be your first official placements. That would be too neat!!:D

catmandu
09-10-2004, 08:53 AM
The Found Cats,are so estatic,that the Strays,that you rescue,now have a Better Chance,of that Elusive Furr Ever Home,and we Thank You!Our HERO!