PDA

View Full Version : True spirit of PetTalk

shais_mom
09-09-2004, 12:56 PM
I just want to say that with all the troll spottings lately and with the fiasco that UNFORTUNATELY happened in the Gift swap. :(
I just want to show those of us that were discouraged that the true spirit of PetTalk, in my opinion are these threads.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58012

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58154

Don't get me wrong there are tons of others, those are the 2 that recently come to mind.
Like when my grandma died that was another one.
These threads and countless others bring people from the Dog/Cat/Pet sides together to show their love and support for the members that are in need.
And I think that is awesome!!!

cloverfdx
09-09-2004, 01:04 PM
Amen to that Staci :).

lovemyshiba
09-09-2004, 01:06 PM
I couldn't agree with you more, Staci!
This is a wonderful, caring, loving group.

popcornbird
09-09-2004, 01:08 PM
So true. I agree with you 100%. We have had several trolls and unpleasant threads lately, but the true spirit of PT is this spirit. It is so nice to see how much everyone truely cares about each other and their pets.

lizzielou742
09-09-2004, 01:32 PM
Well, guess I missed the Gift Swap scandal...I hadn't picked up on that one!!! :eek: :eek: I'm so out of the loop. :)

Seriously, though, I agree with the above. 99% of the time things are great here. :D

molucass
09-09-2004, 01:34 PM
Everyone was so nice and supportive and everything when my dear sweet Felony went to the bridge, and I really appreciate it.

This is a great place to be.

KYS
09-09-2004, 06:13 PM
Ditto from me too!
Pet Talk is full of wonderful caring people.

RobiLee
09-09-2004, 11:04 PM
This is so true, Staci!

Pet Talk is a wonderful group of people.

Robin :)

Vio&Juni
09-10-2004, 09:10 AM
I never even doubted the power of PT!

Thanks again to all that care about my little Juni. She is much better and I am sure, it's because of all the love she has :)

Barbara
09-10-2004, 10:33 AM
Oh- good Juni news:) :) :)

Don't forget the Pet Talk skinbabies:D

We will have to add a skinkids section to Dog, Cat and Pet:D

Equus217
09-10-2004, 12:07 PM
I agree %100!!

I haven't been able to log on much (moved, and new computer isn't online yet!) but I miss it!!

Such a wonderful group of people! When my RB Lola went to the bridge, is when I found PT. My first post was a sad one, but I was welcomed with open arms.

I too have missed these trolls lately; and I am pleased that I did....seems they made more of an impact than they deserved to.

:rolleyes: :D

teenster3
09-10-2004, 04:46 PM
Alright, thanks a lot for making me cry!:(
But seriously you are so right!
There have been so many beautiful stories that I have come across here on Pet Talk. It seems like many people really do care here for others as well as their pets (of course).
There has been some negativity but for the most part I'd say this is a FUN place to hang out & meet new people & thier pets!!!:)

Cookiebaker
09-23-2004, 09:32 PM
I just wanted to bump this thread up.

I think we should all add to it, by saying something special about our furries.

I'm really excited because Malone learned a new "command". And that is "Hug!" He gently puts one paw on each of shoulders and leans his head against my cheek. :)

And this afternoon, Marigold was laying in the sunshine in my desk chair all afternoon. She was so beautiful cuddled like that.

And this Saturday, Emerson is going on an 8.5 hour road trip with me down to Long Island and back.

Please share something special about your pets here...:)

AbbyMom
09-23-2004, 09:38 PM
I'd just like to say that PT inspired me to volunteer for the local humane society. It's so rewarding. So many PT participants give of their time and homes to help pets find permanent homes. That's one thing I love about PT! I also love seeing and hearing about everyone's companions. (Especially bunnies...I'm partial to bunny pix).

dogs_4_me
09-23-2004, 09:39 PM
Today Emma saw a fly on my window and tried to eat it, lol. SHe kept snapping at it. Sorry i thought that was cute hehe. :D

Jods
09-23-2004, 09:43 PM
okay... I really honestly don't know what I was doing before I joined here... Maybe actually doing schoolwork.... lol just kidding.... The people on here are amazing i have sat here lauging my head off and bawling my eyes out, sometimes even in the same day. This place really makes me feel gifted....

Watching my pets grow is amazing, watching your pets grow is also amazing. I really want to thank each and everyone of you for adding a little something extra to my life.....

Thanks guys
HUGS:D :D :D

flamepony12
09-23-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Jods
okay... I really honestly don't know what I was doing before I joined here... Maybe actually doing schoolwork.... lol just kidding.... The people on here are amazing i have sat here lauging my head off and bawling my eyes out, sometimes even in the same day. This place really makes me feel gifted....

Watching my pets grow is amazing, watching your pets grow is also amazing. I really want to thank each and everyone of you for adding a little something extra to my life.....

Thanks guys
HUGS:D :D :D

:eek: whoa! same here! :eek: maybe i was just.... checking POTD every day? :eek:

DogLover9501
09-23-2004, 09:49 PM
I also have no idea what I did with my free time before I found PT!

This place is amazing! The people here are the best people anyone could ever find. It's like a huge support group, no matter what happens in life, here at PT/"home" theres always someone to share your happiness with, or cry on, or to listen to you rant..etc.

I expect to be around here for a very long time, and I hope that everyone else will still be here!

This place is amazing, and some people would just never understand, there are tons of things I think about my pets each day, or things my pets do, and I always think "Only a PTer would understand!" :D

I love this place! It always feels so safe, when sometimes the rest of the world doesn't.

Logan
09-23-2004, 09:51 PM
No one will ever make more genuine, better friends, than right here. That's for sure! I have formed more adult friendships, right here, than I could have ever imagined. :)

trayi52
09-23-2004, 10:11 PM
This is the best place, all of you have always been there for me when I need you. You just don't know how much that has meant to me. No matter what, you are there.

What a great bunch of people you are!!

Willie:)

anna_66
09-23-2004, 10:32 PM
Anna I'm so glad you've bumped this back up.

All of you here have been my biggest support group after Angus's death. I really don't know what I would have done without all the wonderful words, thoughtful pm's and beautiful cards. You all mean more to me than words could ever express.

Now, I'd like to say something special about my pups.

Last night I was looking through Angus's pictures and came across a short video I had of Angus crying to get out because Trader/Tucker (the dog I helped find a new home) and the girls were outside playing. Of course at that time he was feeling really good and would have tried to get him so I couldn't have them both out together.
Anyway, I decided to watch the video. I couldn't believe it when Huney came and sat beside me and watched the whole video (about 1 1/2 min) and just wagged her tail. She seemed so happy to see and hear her big brother. Then Roxey came over and looked at the screen then at the speakers and let out the most sorrowful howl I've ever heard from her, it just broke my heart. I really don't know what she though but I think she was crying in her own way.
How special my girls are to know that it was their big brother they were seeing and hearing. I know they loved him very much.

lbaker
09-23-2004, 10:50 PM
I actually joined in "full time" several years ago after my husband died.. you are the just about only support group I know, and love. I've had the true pleasure of meeting dozens of you at PT Meetings all around the lower states... well, PA TX CA and here just last week in Washington DC even if it's just one other PT'er. We will just keep on keeping on regardless of "trolls". They haven't and won't stop us from our connections with each other :cool:

*edit* when I was younger I remember a story about the "Troll" under the bridge that the three Billy Goat Gruffs bested.. we can too! (heh heh

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-23-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
I couldn't believe it when Huney came and sat beside me and watched the whole video (about 1 1/2 min) and just wagged her tail. She seemed so happy to see and hear her big brother. Then Roxey came over and looked at the screen then at the speakers and let out the most sorrowful howl I've ever heard from her, it just broke my heart. I really don't know what she though but I think she was crying in her own way.
How special my girls are to know that it was their big brother they were seeing and hearing. I know they loved him very much.[/color]

That's so sweet Anna, and kinda sad in a way too:(

shais_mom
09-24-2004, 12:05 AM
Great addition to a great Thread Anna!
My pets:
My RB Shaianne - gave me my move for animals, she made me into the person I am today.
Kylie- made a dark time in my life bearable, she came to me before my beautiful Shaianne crossed, and has become my heart kitty by being my sweet little friend thru some very dark times.
Keegan- brought sunshine to my life, after my Shaianne died. I didn't think we were bonded until I took her to the dog park and she never left my side and is very much a momma's girl.
Kloe- monkey- has only been in my life since Monday but is just so precious to me already that I can't imagine not haveing her in my life.
I hope and pray that my 'girls' will be in my life for a long time to come.