PDA

View Full Version : two-legged dog - walks like a human, could be in next Harry Potter movie! *with pic*

lizzielou742
09-09-2004, 12:40 PM
Well this is just crazy!! :D Click on the link to see a picture of the doggie.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3641338.stm

Last Updated: Thursday, 9 September, 2004, 13:28 GMT 14:28 UK

Potter film hope for disabled dog

Faith the two-legged dog

At 3ft tall Faith frightens the cats

A two-legged dog that has learned to walk like a human could be considered for a role in the next Harry Potter film, according to reports.

Faith's owners in Oklahoma City in the US believe the part could involve her appearing as the result of a spell.

But the Stringfellow family said British trainers working on the film had not yet confirmed a part for Faith, who was born with the disability.

The three-foot tall dog even has her own showbiz lawyer.

Faith has been featured on the Ricki Lake show in the US and has attracted widespread interest from newspapers all over the world.

Skateboard

The family has been contacted about the possibility of doing a few scenes in the fourth Harry Potter movie, The Goblet Of Fire, currently being filmed in the UK, but no plans have been finalised, they said.

The 19-month-old labrador-chow cross was adopted by the Stringfellows as a three-week old puppy in danger of being rejected by her mother and put down.

She was suffering from a birth defect that meant her front legs were not fully formed.

Over six months the family taught her to stand, hop and eventually walk and run on her two back legs.

Part of her therapy included being put on a skateboard to experience movement, the Stringfellows told a US newspaper.

When her partial front legs began to weaken and die she had an operation to have them removed.

aly
09-09-2004, 01:08 PM
I saw that sweet girl on TV. She's just darling.

ramanth
09-09-2004, 01:38 PM
What an insperation! *hugs* to Faith.

catnapper
09-09-2004, 01:45 PM
What an amazing dog! I'm sure she's just as sweet as she is inspiring!

bluekat
09-09-2004, 03:56 PM
Oh wow that is just amazing!:D So cute:)

chrissycat21
09-09-2004, 04:14 PM
I saw Faith in a National Geographic for Kids magazine. Now I'll have to find the artical and read it again...:)

DJFyrewolf36
09-09-2004, 04:35 PM
Faith is proof that our furpals with disabilites should not be discounted! :D what an inspirational story!

wolflady
09-09-2004, 05:28 PM
Oh my gosh! That is one amazing dog! I couldn't believe it! :eek: I think it's so inspiring and wonderful to see a family care for a handicapped dog like this, with such amazing results. Great story and wonderful people!
Much love to Faith! :D

**hugs**

swimma253
09-09-2004, 06:18 PM
Wow! :D What an inspirational pup!

I really hope they cast her in the Harry Potter film. Number one... I think she would inspire A LOT of people to either adopt dogs or maybe even disabled dogs. Because that movie is so popular. :D

And secondly.... she would just be super cute! :D:D:D

Rottieluver45
09-09-2004, 10:10 PM
YAY!! HP!!! Wooo hoo! :) It' d be fun to see her there! :)