PDA

View Full Version : Jen Luckenbach..can you help? Any PA. PTers?

QueenScoopalot
09-08-2004, 09:38 PM
Subject: CH kitty in need of home

Hello,

I just came across this group while trying to find some information
on CH. A young cat (probably less than a year old) with CH was left
at the storage facility where we rent. She's a real sweetheart and
is in desperate need of a home before the harsh PA winter sets in.
I've posted a web page with some pictures of her in hopes of finding
her a loving, permanent home. If anyone would like to see this
darling, here's her page: http://www.furangels.org/kitty.htm

Thank you for your time and my best to your special kitties!
Cindy McHugh

I crossposted this from the chkittyclub digest that I get. Sounds like an angel in need of a good home.
:(

catnapper
09-08-2004, 09:43 PM
I'm embarassed to ask... what is CH?

Edit... duh.. I looked at the link. She is a heartstealer! Gosh, I sure wish I could take her! My husband would be a little bit of a hard sell... he would know that if we fostered her that she would most likely remain with us forever. His deal with me fostering is that the cats will eventually find homes.

Laura's Babies
09-08-2004, 09:47 PM
Like what Amy has, it is a nerulogical disorter if I remember correctly. Wobbley, trembeling, a birth defect.

QueenScoopalot
09-08-2004, 09:57 PM
Cerebellar hypoplasia affects the developing kittens if a queen comes down with distemper while she's pregnant. It affects the portion of the brain responsible for balance (the cerebellum). It is not contagious in any way to other kitties. It affects each cat differently, in that some will be very unsteady on their feet, and others it will be barely perceptible. This sweet looking girl looks like she's a more severe case. Sad when people even dump special needs cats. She reminds me of my special guy Eli the way she's standing in the picture. :)

catnapper
09-08-2004, 10:03 PM
Is it something that gets better with time, worse or remains the same? She is an absolutely gorgeous cat, and I hate the idea that someone dumped her because she wasn't "normal".

QueenScoopalot
09-08-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
Is it something that gets better with time, worse or remains the same? She is an absolutely gorgeous cat, and I hate the idea that someone dumped her because she wasn't "normal".
When kittens first show signs of ch it can look scary to the novice who's never seen a kitty like that, but as they grow up they learn to compensate for their disabilty. Usually by the time a ch kitty is six months old, what you see is what you get. It doesn't worsen over time. If anything watching a tiny kitten learn how to deal with ch is amazing! :eek: When Eli was tiny he was almost euthanized, as he was so terribly off balance and couldn't even stand up. Over the months I worked with him, and did repetitive motions with his legs to teach him to balance his weight, by spreading his legs away from his body. He's a terribly sloppy eater (chicken pecks the food all over) but a pro in the litterpan. Once you meet a ch kitty...you'll be hooked by those claws for life LOL! I'd snag her in a second if I didn't have a full house already.

Laura's Babies
09-08-2004, 10:15 PM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&postid=819821#post819821

Did you see this video of Amy? Hers seems to be getting worse as she has grown up. I think the weight of her body, as it matures makes her hind legs harder and harder to hold her up. Cold, dampness and stress makes her worse. She can run like a normal kitty but when she walks, she is like you see her in this video. She falls over a lot and has about quit getting on high places because she has taken some bad falls when her back legs wouldn't navigate correctly. I CRINGE when I hear that familiar "THUMP! THUMP!", I know she has fallen over. I HOPE and pray she gets NO worse. There is no cure and nothing they can do for it. Each case if different so no one can venture a guess as to how bad they will get.. The only comfort is, she is in no pain umless she falls hard from a high place, then that hurts even a healthy cat!

NoahsMommy
09-08-2004, 11:40 PM
:( I wish I lived closer...I'd take her in just to get her out of the winter, regardless of what David said. ohhhh, this one's tugging at my heart so much, poor baby!!! :( :( :(

aly
09-09-2004, 12:40 AM
I know this is a long shot, but I'd be willing to foster her if there was any way of getting her this far. I've fostered a puppy with the condition before. I know it'd be hard to get a transport for this great of a distance, but thought I'd say something just in case. Hopefully someone close will step up for the sweet girl.

Nomilynn
09-09-2004, 12:45 AM
my god. she is absolutely gorgeous. I really wish I could help this one..

manda_moo87
09-09-2004, 12:47 AM
...What GORGEOUS girl! :eek: Wish I could take her!

catmandu
09-09-2004, 09:02 AM
We wish,that we could take her,in,but with 14 Cats,already here,and shakey health.all we can do,sadly,is to pray,for Amy,and hopethe Lord,can get her a Furr Ever Home!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-09-2004, 01:22 PM
If it works out where Aly could foster her, I'd be willing to help with the transport....if it could be done on the weekend....

QueenScoopalot
09-09-2004, 02:13 PM
Thanks to all who've responded, and offered to help in some way. The person to contact has an email address at the top of the original post. It's possible the kitty already has a place to go, but she sounds just too precious to keep outside. Ch kitties are defenseless against preditors. :( [email protected] (Cindy McHugh) is the person to get in touch with about this kitty. ;)