PDA

View Full Version : Need Votes! I'm changing his name probably....

QueenScoopalot
09-08-2004, 09:18 PM
It strikes me as sort of eerie that "Lil' Bit" was first mistaken as a bird at the supermarket Barbara's sister Eve works at. The vet who checked him out yesterday is named Dr. Bird...and he eats like a baby bird (which Leslie pointed out). So what do ya'll think of the name Birdie/Birdy for him? Things happen in threes as the saying goes. It was so sad watching the lil guy try to wash himself after his dinner this evening. He nuzzled up and down his legs, and rubbed them all across his face just as if his tongue was fully functional. I'm praying the day comes soon when he really can clean himself, and eat on his own. It's sad having him rely on me for all his nourishment (water included). Though I must say he's getting a little belly now! Cast your votes now! :)

christa
09-08-2004, 09:20 PM
I love the name Birdie!!! Too cute :D

Lucky's Maw Maw
09-08-2004, 09:23 PM
I like the name Birdie, too!

sirrahbed
09-08-2004, 09:24 PM
I like Birdie - I also like Tweety:D

Grace
09-08-2004, 09:26 PM
Birdy is perfect!!

RedHedd
09-08-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
I like Birdie - I also like Tweety:D Debbie beat me to it! Tweety Bird!

QueenScoopalot
09-08-2004, 09:31 PM
PEEP...PEEEP....PEEEEP :D Keep the votes coming (I prefer the 'ie' ending myself). Tweet! Chickadee was another thought, but I had a kitty earlier this year named that. She got a great forever home despite being FIV +. I'm thinking Birdie sort of suits him. :p PEEP:p

catnapper
09-08-2004, 09:32 PM
Sounds like an omen to me! Gotta listen when a "little birdie tells you something"!

:D

Laura's Babies
09-08-2004, 09:35 PM
I LOVE BIRDIE!! PURFECT!

catnapper
09-08-2004, 09:41 PM
OH! I can't believe I forgot this! I used to catsit a little black tuxie boy named Blackbird. We all called him Birdie! He was the sweetest most loving boy too! He woud LOVE to be a gaurdian angel of this little boy.

The story behind Blackbird:
One summer many many years ago, my firend was taking trash out. Her husband owns a woodworking factory and they had BIG metal drums that they put scrap wood in for people to take and use for kindling and crafts, etc. She took the trash out and heard a pitiful little meow. She looked into the bottom of the drum to see a little black kitten. Very young, BURNT all over from being in the metal drum in the July heat. She picked him up and ran him to the vet. If she had seen him even tenminutes later, the vet said he would have died. Birdie lived for nearly 18 years before he died of Diabetes.

I would say the name was definately meant to be!

NoahsMommy
09-08-2004, 11:24 PM
Birdie is a really cute name for him!!! I vote for that! :)

jazzcat
09-08-2004, 11:28 PM
What a cute name. I vote for Birdie.

catmandu
09-09-2004, 09:06 AM
How about George,as taht was my Favorite Cat,when I was a Young Man,about 40 Years ago! He was a Great Cat,that wevthought,was gone,but like Lazurus,he came back!

QueenScoopalot
09-09-2004, 11:11 AM
Birdie is his new name as he flew into my life on a very chaotic afternoon, and flew right into my heart too! Tweeet...Peeeeepp!:D

catcrazylady
09-09-2004, 12:23 PM
I LOVE IT!!! What a cute name for such a special baby! I think it works for that sweet little boy.
I'm just not looking forward to the day when you say "Bye Bye Birdie" unless it's to another PTer!!!:D :D :D

carla and mike
09-09-2004, 06:13 PM
I love Birdie.Great name.:D

rg_girlca
09-09-2004, 07:50 PM
You got my vote on the name Birdie. I love it.

leslie
09-09-2004, 08:47 PM
It's gotta be Birdie ESP. since his guardian angel, Blackbird (Birdie) was also a near death in a trash barrell! Too much for me too stand! Has to be Birdie! Sweet lil peep peep!

QueenScoopalot
09-09-2004, 09:13 PM
Starting a new thread....and grinning! :D :D :D