PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone play an instrument? :)

flamepony12
09-08-2004, 08:03 PM
I'm going to play Clarinet (Like squidward YAY!) and start the electric guitar. Just wonderin if anyone else plays anything lol :)

Uabassoon
09-08-2004, 08:09 PM
I studied music performance at the University of Arizona. My main instrument was bassoon but I was also really into playing steel drums. I also know how to play piano and guitar and the basics on most instruments since I had to learn them because of my major.

binka_nugget
09-08-2004, 08:11 PM
I taught myself how to play the piano in grade 8. I still play but I still struggle a bit since I never really learned properly. :o

I'm just starting to learn the guitar. I'm hoping to play the electric for band class. :D

I took a stab at the Sax last year. I played the recorder the year before that, so it was pretty easy for me to learn the sax.

flamepony12
09-08-2004, 08:37 PM
Yeah i'm playing clarinet for school :) and guitar 4 fun :)

MariaM
09-08-2004, 09:07 PM
No, but I really, really want to learn to play piano. We don't have a piano though:p

dukedogsmom
09-08-2004, 09:14 PM
Back in caveman days, I played the trumpet, for 6 years! Was even so much of a dork that I was in stage band.

flamepony12
09-08-2004, 09:31 PM
OMG are you a caveman?:eek: I've always wanted to meet one of those!
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :D :D Juuuusst kidding :)

Doggirl
09-08-2004, 09:36 PM
I play the Piano, and the Violin and for fun I play Hermonica, Guitar, and a little of the Drums since my brother is a drummer. I really want to try the Bass and the Sax, I think that would be so cool.

manda_moo87
09-08-2004, 11:13 PM
I played piano for 5 years. Quit a few years ago but still play for fun once in a while... I'd love to learn how to play the guitar someday.

sirrahved
09-08-2004, 11:21 PM
5th and sixth grade band played clarinet
7th played baritone
8th-10th clarinet
11th marching season cymbals, then clarinet in ensemble season
12th bass drums in marching season, then bass clarinet in ensemble season
8th-10th trombone in jazz band

still play clarinet for fun, learning (VERY slowly) to play guitar, and tinker with the piano.

I own a clarinet, trombone, piano, synth, and acoustic guitar.

Jason has a classical guitar, a bass guitar, and an electric guitar (a customized purple carvin with a snowflake and a nameplate... I think he loves it more than he loves me!)

teenster3
09-09-2004, 12:05 AM
No instruments for me but, my husband plays bass guitar in a band.
He's tried to teach me but good luck.:p

Sweet Sixy
09-09-2004, 06:56 AM
I have played violin for a little over 13 years now!!! I can play a limited amount of guitar and piano, and oboe as well. I guess when you play one insturment for so long you kinda forget about the others.

lizzielou742
09-09-2004, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by teenster3
No instruments for me but, my husband plays bass guitar in a band.
He's tried to teach me but good luck.:p

My boyfriend plays bass in a band too! He also manages a music store and teaches bass lessons. Yeah, it's pretty much his life!! ;) :D

I play the piano. I have an OLD baby grand, but it's just falling apart. :( Which is kinda OK, because I kinda suck. ;) :D

Karen
09-09-2004, 07:38 AM
I play piano badly - left hand takes barline vacations. In school I played clarinet anf then e-flat clarinet, then Alto Saxophone, then Baritone saxophone. I gave my clarinet to my niece to use, though, so I have no embouchure left to speak of. I can play a recorder, which I do still have, and I am in a handbell choir, too. Mostly, though, I sing.

Maresche
09-09-2004, 08:26 AM
Someone else who plays handbells. I played in my church's choir for 7 years. Then I moved and haven't found a church with handbells yet.

I also play church bells (just like Quasimodo) ^_^

Felicia's Mom
09-09-2004, 08:33 AM
I can play the piano.:) I haven't had one to play for many years though.:(

cubby31682
09-09-2004, 08:37 AM
I started out playing a flute, then I went to alto sax, then i went to baritone sax, then back to alto, then i taught myself the piano, then I learned trumpet from a girl in school. My husband has tried to teach me electric guitar I think it is. That was his birthday present from me a couple of years ago.

Samantha Puppy
09-09-2004, 08:54 AM
I play flute. I'm not so active with it anymore but for about 10 years I was extremely into it. I made all sorts of honor bands and all that jazz. I really miss it, actually.

Buddy Blaze Lover
09-09-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by manda_moo87
I played piano for 5 years. Quit a few years ago but still play for fun once in a while...

I've played piano for 5 years too (and am still progressing)! But I'm much more advanced than other people who have played the same length as me...see, now, I am currently playing Lord of the Rings songs (from all 3 movies, it's AWESOME!) :D, Pirates of the Caribbean (yeesss...I love it), Star Wars (soon), and other movie songs like the real Chariots of Fire, Feather Theme (from Forrest Gump), etc. I'm enjoying it a LOT! :D ;)

isis
09-09-2004, 12:41 PM
I play acoustic guitar. It's very fun. :)

chrissycat21
09-09-2004, 04:35 PM
I used to play the flute but now I play the electric guitar and piano.

DJFyrewolf36
09-09-2004, 05:06 PM
I play (badly) guitar and I can play a pretty mean mixing board ;). DJing is a pain in the behind, especially when some doink nightclub owner assumes that in 30 min you can learn the settings for their exact sound system :rolleyes: But it is fun learning what all the knobs and sliders do :D

wolflady
09-09-2004, 05:09 PM
I'm a band geek all the way! I marched the clarinet in high school and college band. I also played the tenor sax and the clarinet in various "sit-down" bands in college. It was a lot of fun, and I miss it. But, at least every other year, I can march down my college football field just one more time for alumni band during homecoming! :D

cali
09-09-2004, 06:17 PM
grade 6 to the middle of grade 8 I played Flute in the school band but U quite because of the new band teacher, she was a real witch, always berating us, and telling us how horrable we were, she was always pissed at me because I could not play for 4 measures without taking a breath, I have asthma and she knew that. now the grade 6 band was a whole different story with this teacher the grade 6's loved her, she would bring them cake and cookies, and tell them how wonderful they were. the grade 7/8 band went from more then 100 memebers to about 48 after, this teacher started, she was such a witch that everyone quite. :eek:

Kfamr
09-09-2004, 06:19 PM
I can play the guitar but I don't play often.

swimma253
09-09-2004, 06:25 PM
Yes... I play trumpet:rolleyes: I dont really like it. Lol

I also play Piano. Which I am very happy with. I HATE practicing... but I love to play. (confusing I know.) I just love to play in recitals because (not to be a bragger....) but my last song I played was really good. Or at least I thought it was. I played Can you feel the Love Tonight? by Elton John from the Lion King. I played the ACTUAL version Elton John played. I was very proud of myself for acomplishing that. :D Sorry for rambling.... I was just very happy with myself.

Carly

flamepony12
09-09-2004, 08:27 PM
Devon- Was the clarinet hard lol

BCBlondie
09-09-2004, 08:54 PM
I play the guitar. I have two electric guitars and I plan on getting an acoustic. I know how to play a bunch of different songs, and I write my own music too. :)

I can also play a bit of the piano...

heinz57_79
09-09-2004, 10:13 PM
It's been a long time since i've picked up an instrument, but back in the day I played flute, violin, bass guitar, electric/accoustic guitar, tenor sax, and percussion/drums. I still tell myself that one of these days I'm gonna start back up again... *sigh*