PDA

View Full Version : Moving Livvy Inside...

NoahsMommy
09-08-2004, 05:07 PM
OK, I really want to try moving Livvy inside. It wont be free-reign (the other cats are mean to her), but it'll be in our walk-in closet. I want to keep the door open so it wont be too stuffy in there, but put about three baby gates at the door so she'll be safe.

My problem: David...he says she'll cry when she see's the other cats getting love at night. For example: when we're in bed or away from her. She does this outside, even right after she gets an hour or more of personal time with one of us. I don't know if that will happen, but it does when I put her in the bathroom for the day if its cold or too hot outside.

Any ideas? I don't like her outside if I don't have to keep her there. (She lives in a weather proof enclosure on our upstairs balcony)

kimlovescats
09-08-2004, 05:10 PM
I would definitely try it, Kelly .... what have you got to lose? (well, other than a bit of sleep possibly) :eek: ;) You know you always have her enclosure to fall back on. Good luck!

Kim;)

aly
09-08-2004, 05:20 PM
I agree, it doesnt hurt to try! Maybe once she's used to living in there, she won't be as vocal about it.

catnapper
09-08-2004, 05:59 PM
You never know until you try. Go for it and see how she reacts.

Could you perhaps replace the closet door with a regular screen door? Its probably cheaper than the cost of three baby gates. and would be easier for you to go in and out.

Felicia's Mom
09-08-2004, 09:28 PM
I have no ideas for you, just want to wish you good luck!

jazzcat
09-08-2004, 10:31 PM
Here's another vote for giving it a try.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

shais_mom
09-08-2004, 11:10 PM
No Ideas either but I do wish you well!
Good Luck!! :p

catmandu
09-09-2004, 09:07 AM
I would try it to,just give the Crying Cat,a little more attention,and love,and see what happens!

Christiansmommy
09-09-2004, 09:33 AM
I was going to suggest the screen door/storm door, just like catnapper said. Unless she would climb up it, with her claws, like Guinness likes to do to screens:rolleyes:

However, we had one in our other house, where the bottom half was glass, and the top half was screen, so she could get enough air flow, but at night time, you could close the screen top, with the glass (the top half slid open to let in fresh air, but closed too, if you didnt want it open...)...and that might help with any noise, until she gets used to it...you could also put a fan in there at night, for air flow, if you have the top screen part closed to help with the noise factor...we bought ours at Lowes...or a Home Depot...for about $70.

Hope you can up with some sort of solution...

moosmom
09-09-2004, 09:28 PM
Kelly,

How about giving her some quality time with just you and David in your bed, keeping the other cats away until it's time for bed. Then put her in the walk-in closet with the baby gates up, letting the other cats in for the night???

Just a suggestion. But I'm glad that you're bringing her inside. Who knows?? It just might work out.

Keep us posted.