PDA

View Full Version : One cause for celebration (Lil' Bit) no..not his tongue yet

QueenScoopalot
09-08-2004, 04:01 PM
But he did have a perfectly formed stool today! :D He's been so malnourished that he's seemingly absorbing most everything, so he's only pooped twice since Sunday...and the one the white coats checked was revolting looking! :eek: I feared a blockage from crud he was eating outside, but all's well in his pipes thankfully! Now if only he'd lick the food off his little mouth. Feeding him is a very time consuming process, as he can only swallow just so fast, and he eats with his head up so it slides down his throat. I timed it just now, and between the bottle feeding ( almost another two full ones) and his warm compress, it takes close to a half hour. He's just the dearest little thing! He's taken to putting his little paw in my hand while I'm feeding him, and makes happy feet during his hot soaks. Sweet lil' tyke. :) I gave him lots of kisses, and told him how much I love him... and he purred away! :D

Grace
09-08-2004, 04:08 PM
You just had to paint that picture of him with his paw on your hand - now I'm bawling. You are a Saint!

jazzcat
09-08-2004, 04:08 PM
Yay!!! Baby steps, baby steps!:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-08-2004, 04:14 PM
Yeah for Lil' Bit! Each little step of progress is huge when they've been so hurt and weakened. Poor little guy. :(

Here's hoping his tongue does recover - at least enough so he can eat properly.

I swear the little ones that are so hurt turn into such sweeties because they are just so grateful for all the love after being so abused.

Skritchies might hurt the little guy for now, so how about some sweet smoochies on his adorable little head from me? :)

aly
09-08-2004, 04:20 PM
I know all too well about the worry of waiting for healthy stool :o It really is cause for celebration :D Only us crazy animal people would do the happy dance over healthy poop, hehehe!

Congrats to Lil' Bit on his road to recovery. He's such a sweet little guy. The love you've given him in the past few days is making his horrible start in life a distant memory.

My heart just melts for him. I'm praying hard for his tongue.

QueenScoopalot
09-08-2004, 04:21 PM
Lots of kisses coming up for the sweet boy, and sorry I couldn't get a picture Grace. It's near impossible when I'm here alone (hubby works) to feed or do his compresses, and take a picture...as much as I want to! :( YOO-HOO Leslie?? :D I'll have to get her to drag herself over here in a day or two and help take some pictures. (Should I have photographed his perfect little poop)? :confused: :rolleyes: He's going to be a tough one to part with when the time comes, but hopefully one of our dear PT friends will give him a forever home! :confused: ;)

Laura's Babies
09-08-2004, 04:23 PM
Smoochies from me too. He has won all of our hearts already.. (who would have thought making poo poo was an event to celebrate?) He will only flourish now and I am so excited.. Reckon Lucky's MawMaw will be getting a phone call from me to check on this one while I am at work! I will worry about him the whole time I am gone... Going to have to print out a GOOD picture of him so I can talk to him every day like I do my others.

He is just so happy to have someone else to look after him and take care of him after doing it himself and getting so sick. He will probably turn into the sweetiest cat you ever had after all this... He sounds like is he is already..

aly
09-08-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
He's going to be a tough one to part with when the time comes, but hopefully one of our dear PT friends will give him a forever home! :confused: ;)

Oh I'm sure he'll stay in the PT family. So many people are in love with the little guy already and I'm sure we'd all be heartbroken to see him leave.

QueenScoopalot
09-08-2004, 04:34 PM
Yup..only here would we get excited about poop LOL! And I agree he'll make someone the most loving, thankful little lap fungus soon! I'm waiting for the day his tongue starts working, and he feels good enough to play. Getting stronger by the day though YAY! ;) Miracle kitten that's for sure!

kimlovescats
09-08-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
(Should I have photographed his perfect little poop)? :confused: :rolleyes:

FUNNY you should say that, do you know that I actually did that with baby Tabitha?:eek: I (like you) was just so thrilled for her to be over her diarrhea (Coccidia) that I had to take a picture! If I can find it, it will be attached to this post!:rolleyes: :D

QueenScoopalot
09-08-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
FUNNY you should say that, do you know that I actually did that with baby Tabitha?:eek: I (like you) was just so thrilled for her to be over her diarrhea (Coccidia) that I had to take a picture! If I can find it, it will be attached to this post!:rolleyes: :D THAT IS TOO FUNNY!!!! I deposited it in the trash already *sigh* but I could retrieve it if needed! He's a deep digger when he buries his stuff! :eek:

sirrahbed
09-08-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
If I can find it, it will be attached to this post!:rolleyes: :D
:cool: I am sure glad Dennis wasn't home when I opened this one - I was pretty happy about it:rolleyes:
Though - when I told him about Jasmine's kitties doing their poopies - he wanted to know if Robbie & Lizzie did any yet!:D
Only on PetTalk!

catnapper
09-08-2004, 05:55 PM
Yay! He's just making so many wonderful steps towards health!

I swear this is the only place on Earth where people honestly care about poop... and wodner whether or not one should post a picture of it! :D I love this place! :D

jazzcat
09-08-2004, 05:58 PM
ROFLOL!!! Kim that picture of Tabitha's poop is hysterical. You are such a good meowmie!!!!

leslie
09-08-2004, 06:58 PM
I literally laughed out loud kim! should we start sending in photos when we ask advice regarding odd colors and textures? Do comparisons? like, "was it this green like my baby's, or THIS green like my doggie's?" It looks looser than pudding, can you get a closer picture, can't really tell..." (!) (Still giggling to myself) we are sickish. But better off than most with our love for our darlings and their health!
jan, sit lil bit up and show all the pters here how clean he is and his 5 bites so they can see what was buried under all that dirt and built up crud. Who'd know? I know you found at least what, 2 bites? then when I got in exam room, the rest were exposed. How did that transpire? (i was 10 minutes late). The pattern is perfect...so to speak. You've successfully done pics at arms length before...

LaRana
09-09-2004, 08:30 AM
[quote] "was it this green like my baby's, or THIS green like my doggie's?" It looks looser than pudding, can you get a closer picture, can't really tell..." [quote]

You know... I *was* eating pudding when I saw your note... Yep, no more pudding for me this morning...

catmandu
09-09-2004, 08:48 AM
The Found Cats are CHEERING,for Lil Bits,thier Pal,to be well!

catcrazylady
09-09-2004, 12:45 PM
ROFLMBO!!! I'm intently reading along and realizing that I'm excited about his poo too!! It didn't occur to me until a comment was made about it! I've been inspecting baby poo for a week now and I guess it just seemed so normal!;)

I can say though that I have never taken of photo of it yet!!! Kim that was beyond priceless!!!:D :D :D :D :D
It looked just like Sirrahbeds cake!!!;) :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-09-2004, 01:38 PM
Hmmm....and to think that picture has been downloaded 26 times now. Who would have thought that, knowing what the picture was, we would still want to open it and see. Only on PT. ;) :D

PS - yes, I was #26. :rolleyes: ;) :D