PDA

View Full Version : kind of a sad anniversary

davidpizzica
09-08-2004, 03:10 PM
Today would have been my parents 65th wedding anniversary.I miss them terribly!

dappledoxie
09-08-2004, 03:14 PM
I'm sorry, I bet you miss them alot!

I'm still wishing them a Happy 65th Anniversary! :0)

momoffuzzyfaces
09-08-2004, 03:16 PM
I know it's tough! My parents are both gone too. Dad's 79th birthday would have been last month.

For me, their birthdays and holidays are the worst!

davidpizzica
09-08-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
I know it's tough! My parents are both gone too. Dad's 79th birthday would have been last month.

For me, their birthdays and holidays are the worst! Connie, would you believe that they eloped! My mom was a nurse at the time and the hospital frowned on the nurses being married. Until 1997, when my mom passed away, they were married for 58 years!

PJ's Mom
09-08-2004, 03:31 PM
My dad would've been 62 on the 18th of this month. He's been gone almost 8 years and I seem to think about him more as time goes on.

davidpizzica
09-08-2004, 03:36 PM
I almost went to the cemetary on labor day, but I think I'll wait until my knee is a ittle better.

davidpizzica
09-08-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces

For me, their birthdays and holidays are the worst! Connie, this year my mom would have been 93, and my dad would have been 100 on December 3rd!

jazzcat
09-08-2004, 03:55 PM
I'm just now learing how hard these things can be. My mom passed away this past May 1st and her 80th birthday was exactly two weeks later. I was still too numb to feel any more pain at that point. I think my birthday next month with be hard. For the past 36 years my mother was the first person to greet me in the morning by singing Happy Birthday either in person or by phone. This year that won't be happening.:(

davidpizzica
09-08-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by jazzcat
I'm just now learing how hard these things can be. My mom passed away this past May 1st and her 80th birthday was exactly two weeks later. I was still too numb to feel any more pain at that point. I think my bithday next month with be hard. For the past 36 years my mother was the first person to greet me in the morning by singing Happy Birthday either in person or by phone. This year that won't be happening.:( Jazzcat,First of all my condolences to you for the loss of your mother. I know she meant every thing to you. Believe me, I know the feeling. My dad has been gone for four years and mom for seven years. I miss them terribly.

jazzcat
09-08-2004, 04:13 PM
Thank you David.

I do still have my Dad and I'm taking care of him because he has memory problems/possibly early Alzheimer's. He lives about 35 miles away from me right now but who knows, he may end moving in with me before too long.

davidpizzica
09-08-2004, 04:48 PM
Thank you David.

I do still have my Dad and I'm taking care of him because he has memory problems/possibly early Alzheimer's. He lives about 35 miles away from me right now but who knows, he may end moving in with me before too long. My mom had dementia ( a form of altzeimers) and when she passed away, I took care of my dad for four years. He passed away in 2000 at the age of 96! Would you believe he quit driving at 93?

AmberLee
09-08-2004, 05:46 PM
{{{Dave}}},

It's a tribute to what wonderful people they were, that you are 1) missing them and 2) as terrific a person as you are.

Hang in there.

Pam
09-08-2004, 06:00 PM
David I am sorry to hear that you are having a tough day. It seems we might be from the same era. My dad left this earth to be with the Lord in 1981 and my mom has been trying her best to live as full of a life as she can without him. They were extremely close and loved each other very much and now, at almost 95 (her birthday is October 1st) she is showing the very early signs of failing with a diagnosis recently of mild to moderate congestive heart failure. We are what our parents have molded us to be. I know your parents must have been wonderful to have a son as thoughtful as yourself to post this tribute. I only hope my own children will be as proud of me as I am of my parents. (((Hugs to you David))).

P.S. My mom drove until she was 92!

davidpizzica
09-08-2004, 06:07 PM
I want to thank everybody for being so thoughtful and caring. Today was a little rough, but thanks to you, it was a little easier to take.

KYS
09-08-2004, 06:15 PM
David I know how you feel.

I miss my mom and grandmother daily.

I have a wonderful extended family.
I am lucky and blessed that my
Aunt and Uncle adopted me.

Hugs Karen

Samantha Puppy
09-08-2004, 07:12 PM
For the past 36 years my mother was the first person to greet me in the morning by singing Happy Birthday either in person or by phone. This year that won't be happening.:( My grandmother always did that for me. She died on Christmas Day, 1997, and to this day I get teary when I first wake up on my birthday because I miss her singing to me (I miss her always but you know what I mean).

Sorry for everyone's losses. There is nothing harder in life than to lose a loved one, I think.