PDA

View Full Version : Question For All You Experts At Bottle Fed Babies

K & L
09-08-2004, 02:24 PM
Since this is our “first” bottle fed baby, I have a question for all you experts. Mouser has been eating like a pig these past couple of days. Then this morning and afternoon, he didn’t have as much interest in eating. I think he ate about ½ of what he usually does. Is this normal? Could his starvation feeling stopped and now this is normal eating? He is still active, going to the bathroom on his own now, but just not as much desire to eat.

kimlovescats
09-08-2004, 05:06 PM
I wouldn't be too concerned ... maybe it's just time to spread out his feedings a bit. WOW, is he already going potty on his own? He looks so tiny for that! hehehe.... what a 'big boy'!!!;) :D

QueenScoopalot
09-08-2004, 05:12 PM
I wouldn't worry much either. Are you burping him after his feedings? URP :p

K & L
09-08-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
I wouldn't be too concerned ... maybe it's just time to spread out his feedings a bit. WOW, is he already going potty on his own? He looks so tiny for that! hehehe.... what a 'big boy'!!!;) :D

Thanks Kim! Yes, he started going on his own the other day!! He's such a brave little boy!:D

K & L
09-08-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
I wouldn't worry much either. Are you burping him after his feedings? URP :p

We sure are! It bleched a good one the other night! Kevin just taps his fingers on this back!

jenluckenbach
09-08-2004, 05:15 PM
I don't do bottle babies, but I'd like to say congratulations on your first. I am sure you are doing great!

aly
09-08-2004, 05:17 PM
You're probably right that he was really hungry when you first found him, and now his tummy is a bit fuller. Who knows how long he'd gone without food when he was found. Also, because he's getting a bit older, he can probably wait a little longer between feedings. Already pottying himself? What a mature little guy :D

If you know his approximate age and amount he is eating, I could tell you if it sounds normal or not.

K & L
09-08-2004, 05:18 PM
Thanks Jen! We don't like to do this (obviously since it's our first) but we had no choice this time!:D It's all new to us and we get a new questions every day!

Thanks everyone for the input.