PDA

View Full Version : My boys are starving!

catnapper
09-08-2004, 10:10 AM
At least thats what they tell me!

I had a box and a bag of kitten chow sitting on a table - waiting for the foster babies. Yesterday I saw Allen and Pouncer co-conspired to get the yummy kitten food out of the box and bag. Pouncer succeeded in tearing open the bag, thereby spilling out all the rich fattening kitten food. Smorgasborg! Both boys flew to the kitten food. I lifted them off the table, put the Kitten Chow into the kiten cage and shut the door.

I go downstairs this morning. They must have had a picnic last night because the bag is completely shredded and food is everywhere. They figured out how ot get past bars! :mad: :rolleyes:

My boys are obviously on the brink of starvation. What else would have prompted them to do such a deed?

Is this the face of a starving kitty?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/kimmel101/handsomeAllen.jpg

Edwina's Secretary
09-08-2004, 10:16 AM
Looks sadly malnourished to me......;) :rolleyes: ;)

Laura's Babies
09-08-2004, 10:16 AM
There is alway something about a NEW bag of kitty food! It SCREAMS at them to open it. I know better than to leave a new bag where they can get it.. That's asking for it!

lizzielou742
09-08-2004, 10:17 AM
ROTFLOL!!! Sounds like you need a plastic container with a lid to keep the kitten food in! Tito does the exact same thing. He dug through a bag of Sophie's kitten food - so yummy and high in fat!! :D

And oh yes, clearly, Allen is definitely starving. Just wasting away. ;)

LaRana
09-08-2004, 10:46 AM
I ended up getting an $8 plastic container at Petsmart because my cat would get into the cabinet and shred his food bag. It was the best cat investment I've made.

I think all cats think they are malnourished - even 20 lb ones :)

Especially when they roll over when they're trying to get food attention: "Oh look at my tummy, it's so empty! Fill it up! *jello wave as they plop down*"

catcrazylady
09-08-2004, 10:59 AM
ROFLOL!!! You poor poor underfed and starved boys!! I think it's a shame that your momma makes you work so hard for your food! Shame on her!
:D :D :D :D :D

sirrahbed
09-08-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by LaRana
*jello wave as they plop down*"

jello wave: I LOVE it!:D Yup, starving kitties! Bagged food also goes directly into a plastic container at this house.:p

jazzcat
09-08-2004, 11:28 AM
Kim - Feed those boys!!!:D :D

How funny! I just wonder, is one the 'brains' of the operations and one the 'grunt' man? My in-laws had two dogs that where that way, Alaska was the the brains and would get Hobbes to do all the work for him.

DJFyrewolf36
09-08-2004, 11:29 AM
I learned quickly that I had to get a plastic bin for the food. I caught Remus trying to open a CAN of food lol. I figured it was only a matter of time before he decided to go after the bag...

catnapper
09-08-2004, 11:38 AM
Funny thing folks is that there is an OPEN bag of THEIR food sitting on the table next to their dish. In case an open bag looks too easy, and they were really after something difficult, there was an unopened bag of their food sitting on the table too! :rolleyes:

I guess Nutro Weight Management is not as interesting as Purina Kitten Chow? :D I know there was quite a difference in the cost!

sirrahbed
09-08-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
I guess Nutro Weight Management is not as interesting as Purina Kitten Chow?

:D Funny you mention this!!! Dylan's Nutro *IS* sitting on the counter in a bag!!!! They NEVER bother it :D :p :rolleyes:

K & L
09-08-2004, 12:01 PM
Not only the face of a starving kitty, but the body to go with it!:D

catmandu
09-09-2004, 09:25 AM
The Found Cats,do that too,MEEEOW,as though they arestarving,and they want the food,in thier dishes,topped off! They break the food up,and wont eat the Crumbs!Love to Allen,and Pouncer! Allen COTD,that Makes US HAPPY!

AmberLee
09-09-2004, 01:19 PM
Isn't it odd to learn that our Cat of the Day (9 Sep 04), Allen, is starving. Maybe he and his brother can get some more food in Allen's honor, just for today?

{{{More power to you, sweet boy!}}}

catnapper
09-09-2004, 01:34 PM
I have a hard tiem believing that this boy is starving
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/kimmel101/Cats/smile.jpg

If he'd stay off the Kitten Chow, then MAYBE we wouldn't need to feed him weight management food in the first place! Ever think of that young man? :D

AmberLee
09-09-2004, 01:47 PM
Oh, he is such a cutie! And yes, I think the term 'fluffy' probably is a better fit than 'starving'. (I LOVE that tum -- is he open to tummy rubs from strangers? *rub, rub, rub*) It's just the timing that tickled my funny bone.

Now my cats dig into sacks of cat food whenever they can, but they also dig into sacks of kitty litter! Mini-sand dunes in the dining room were a HUGE surprise to me once when I had the flu. Who knew?

catnapper
09-09-2004, 01:52 PM
Yes, Pouncer loves to get into the new cat litter... its a game for him. Thats why I now buy the litter in 40 pound plastic buckets! He can't into them but he sure tries! He gnaws on the plastic lid. :rolleyes:

Cats! I won't even try to figure them out!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-09-2004, 02:03 PM
LOL!
My cats go for the unopened bags too. I think it whispers to them, "Fresh! I'm so fresh and yummy! Not like that icky STALE food you are eating now. Fr....esssh!"
They just can't resist!;)