PDA

View Full Version : for gini

sirrahbed
09-08-2004, 09:36 AM
Especially for gini - who I understand was drooling (isn't that what wretching means?) over my fabulous dessert from the Ohio/Findlay Dog Park Picnic:D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/Findlay/littercake.jpg
CAT LITTER CAKE RECIPE

1 box spice or German chocolate cake mix 1 box of white cake mix
1 package white sandwich cookies
1 large package vanilla instant pudding mix
A few drops green food coloring
12 small Tootsie Rolls or equivalent

SERVING "DISHES AND UTENSILS"

1 NEW cat-litter box
1 NEW pooper scooper

Prepare and bake cake mixes, according to directions, in any size pan. Prepare pudding and chill. Crumble cookies in small batches in blender or food processor. Add a few drops of green food coloring to 1 cup of cookie crumbs. Mix with a fork or shake in a jar. Set aside.

When cakes are at room temperature, crumble them into a large bowl. Toss with half of the remaining cookie crumbs and enough pudding to make the mixture moist but not soggy. Place liner in litter box and pour in mixture.

Unwrap 3 Tootsie Rolls and heat in a microwave until soft and pliable.

Shape the blunt ends into slightly curved points. Repeat with three more rolls. Bury the rolls decoratively in the cake mixture. Sprinkle remaining white cookie crumbs over the mixture, then scatter green crumbs lightly over top.

Heat 5 more Tootsie Rolls until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake and sprinkle with crumbs from the litter box. Heat the remaining Tootsie Roll until pliable and hang it over the edge of the box.

Place box on a sheet of newspaper and serve with scooper.

Enjoy! :p

gini
09-08-2004, 10:03 AM
I just howled when I saw this thread!

OOOOO, Thank You! I will have to be sure to make this for the next BBQ.

And do you know what? I don't know how to spell! I looked at the word "wretch" and it look right, but then I thought about it and it is really a recipe for

RETCH CAKE!

slick
09-08-2004, 10:04 AM
Sorry it's so big but I don't have time to put in Imagestation now.

Enjoy! I made this for Halloween at work last year.

Edwina's Secretary
09-08-2004, 10:14 AM
The first time I saw one of those was when Zippy made one a few years ago. It was hysterical then and I STILL think it is so, so funny! Nicely (and realistically) done Debbie.

dukedogsmom
09-08-2004, 10:29 AM
That is such a hoot! I might have to copy this and make one for work at Halloween, too. I love it.

Kfamr
09-08-2004, 11:55 AM
And for anyone who is afraid to try it.....

EAT IT!!!!

It was delicious. Atleast Debbie's was. ;)