PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of a cleaner baby boy (Lil' Bit)

QueenScoopalot
09-08-2004, 06:05 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/RestingUp.jpg

All tired out from the white coats visit!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/APicofTHEWOUNDS.jpg

The nasty puncture wounds (not as bad looking in the picture:confused: )

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/HEYisthatmybottle.jpg

Looking for his bottle again! LOL!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/Poopedfromthewhitecoatvisit.jpg

I look much cleaner huh? Purrrr....purrrrrrrrr..purrrrrrrrrr.........

QueenScoopalot
09-08-2004, 06:08 AM
P.S..if he looks wet, it's because he is! The closeup of his head is where the other major abcess burst from..and what a stench of infection! :rolleyes: :( :eek: So for a while, he's going to be wet looking due to washing ups after snackies, and abcess soakings. Poor little thing. :(

Grace
09-08-2004, 06:29 AM
What a cutie!! I can't stop thinking how lucky he is to have been rescued by you.

Like Aly, I wish I were closer in order to give you a helping hand.

carla and mike
09-08-2004, 06:33 AM
I can't belive what this poor guy went thru.He's so unbeleivably lucky.If only all the rest were lucky like him.If everyone would do there part...Neutor,Spade and keep their cat indoors,tragedies like this wouldn't happen.:(
Glad he has comfort at last.Even if he doesn't make it,his last days were with love.( I'll do my part in praying for him to pull thru with flying colors)I have a good feeling he'll get better.

catlover4ever
09-08-2004, 07:13 AM
Lil Bit...you are so lucky to have found Jan. She will take such good care of you. Before you know it you will be good as new.

Jan, thanks for taking the time with this one. What a mess this little one is...but he is in really good hands with you. :)

catmandu
09-08-2004, 08:36 AM
What a Poor Little One,and we are doubling,the Prayers,that he will recover,and be the Cat,taht he is meant,to be!

lizzielou742
09-08-2004, 09:07 AM
Poor baby. Hope he gets well soon! Keep us updated when you can! :)

kimlovescats
09-08-2004, 09:12 AM
Oh this little bit of a guy has me by the heartstrings. Bless his tiny little heart ...and bless you, Jan for coming to his rescue!!!
He has a ways to go, but I feel that he is headed right along with your loving care! Get feeling better and stronger every day, Little Bit .... I love you!!!;)

Kim

christa
09-08-2004, 09:18 AM
What a pitiful little guy!!! He's going to be such a handsome guy though, once he's all strong and feeling better! He already is a cutie! I just hate that he's having such a hard time! God bless you, QSA, for taking care of this "lil' bit" of a kitty!

Laura's Babies
09-08-2004, 09:19 AM
This is one heartbreaker. I can not believe he is still alive...all that infection, not being able to eat for God only knows how long, anemic and only God knows what this poor baby has been through. I said it before and I probably will keep saying it... That wee thing is SUCH a FIGHTER!

I saw some "Kitty Wipe" things at Petco or PetSmart that you use when you can not bathe them. Maybe you could use those later when he will need bathing or just for quick little clean ups when he needs a little cleaning but not a full bath. (OR make your own out of paper towels, a cool whip container and some kitty shampoo and water?)

Do you have ANY idea how often you will have to bathe him once he is up to good health if he is not able to clean himself? By the time you have him all healed and healthy, are you going to be able to part with him? I would think he would be a KEEPER!

DJFyrewolf36
09-08-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
Oh this little bit of a guy has me by the heartstrings. Bless his tiny little heart ...and bless you, Jan for coming to his rescue!!!
He has a ways to go, but I feel that he is headed right along with your loving care! Get feeling better and stronger every day, Little Bit .... I love you!!!;)

Kim

You took the words right from me Kim! Get better little bit, you're in the best of hands!

catnapper
09-08-2004, 09:44 AM
You are looking so much better! I love those golden eyes that turn bright green around the pupil... such a gorgeous cobination!

Keep getting better and better. Stronger and stronger! You are the miracle kitty!

Mandy-Lee
09-08-2004, 09:52 AM
The poor sweetheart. They look so sore! I hope he has a quick recovery!

trayi52
09-08-2004, 09:55 AM
Poor little baby! He does look pitiful. But I know he will do well under your tender loving care, Jan. I just wonder what got a hold of such a precious little one. Well anyway, he is in your hands now, and will be getting better all the time, plus getting good eats!

He looks so clean now, he looks like a different little fellow!

Willie:)

sirrahbed
09-08-2004, 09:59 AM
oh how sore and sick he must feel...but nothing like the hell he was in - more like heaven now to be clean, comforted and loved. Thank God he is now in safe, loving and capable hands! Oh Jan I am always in awe of you and what you are willing and able to accomplish!!! This story just HAS to have a happy ending!!! Get well Lil' Bit!!! PLEASE!!

aly
09-08-2004, 11:42 AM
What a handsome little guy with a sweet, sweet, sweet face. I just want to jump through the screen and give him kisses! I'm so happy to see these pictures, they really made my day! Continued prayers coming that the little guy keeps getting better.

QueenScoopalot
09-08-2004, 11:57 AM
For a little bit of a guy, he has an insatiable appetite! He ate two entire bottles of his gruel this morning, and then produced a nice belch while I was hot soaking his wounds. He would have eaten more if I had the time to indulge him! :eek: The hot soak after feeding seems to work well for cleaning the food dribbles off his chest. It's not easy keeping up with the food that comes out the corners of his mouth. I don't want any food getting in the holes, so I have to keep wiping excess off with my fingers. He needs a bib of sorts! I know without a doubt now that he'll survive, but nobody will know if his tongue will regain function or not. I have confidence it will as he's so young. Off to feed the baby bird..peeep, peeeepp:D :p

K & L
09-08-2004, 12:00 PM
This poor little guy. Did they put a drainage tube in his abcesses? Did they ever determine why his tongue doesn't function? I'm so glad he's getting help!

QueenScoopalot
09-08-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by K & L
This poor little guy. Did they put a drainage tube in his abcesses? Did they ever determine why his tongue doesn't function? I'm so glad he's getting help!
No need for drainage tubes, all the wounds are open. Hot soaks five times a day, and his antibiotics should clear them up. His tongue likely doesn't function because of where he was bitten. One deep bite is at the base of his tongue (outside) and one was lower and missed his jugular vein by a hair! We could see the vein through the hole after the dead tissue was removed. Yuck. He's doing well so far considering I doubted he'd even be alive on Monday morning. Big difference in only a few days. ;)

jazzcat
09-08-2004, 12:10 PM
I think I'm falling hopelessly in love with this little one! Poor little guy.

K & L
09-08-2004, 12:10 PM
Thank goodness he found you!!

carla and mike
09-08-2004, 12:23 PM
OMG he would of suffered a very painful death by now or soon enough.
I think you're fixing him right up Jan.Looks like he might see the good side of life after all.
I wonder if he's coming to Maine with me when I move.LOL

catcrazylady
09-08-2004, 12:26 PM
I'm with Lori, I'm falling head over heals for this little boy. One day Jan we are going to look back at these pictures and be amazed at how wonderful he turned out.
It's all going to be because of you and Leslie taking the time to go get him and then all the time you invest in preparing his food and feeding him. Not to mention bathing and soaking his wounds.
You are a Saint and I know there is a special place in heaven for you!!!:D
I just know that he is going to fully recover and be one very handsome kitty and live the good life from now on!!!:D :D

QueenScoopalot
09-08-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by carla and mike
OMG he would of suffered a very painful death by now or soon enough.
I think you're fixing him right up Jan.Looks like he might see the good side of life after all.
I wonder if he's coming to Maine with me when I move.LOL
Uh oh...I smell a custody battle brewing LOL! Between Jazzcat & Carla & Mike...I think a good home is in his future. He is the most incredible little survivor to go through so much trauma, and blood loss, and he's done so wonderful in such a very short time. :eek: ;) He most likely was dumped in the supermarket parking lot. Probably some irresponsible idiot handing out kittens several weeks ago, and when this lil' guy wasn't taken (by a probably equally irresponsible idiot) he was dumped. It happens all the time in this area sad to say. :( Pretty soon I'll have to check out bottles for skin kids and get him a bigger one. Nothing like a weaned kitten that's gone back to the teat! :rolleyes: :D

Barbara
09-08-2004, 03:22 PM
What a tough little guy he is! Best thoughts on their way for that little fighter:)

NoahsMommy
09-08-2004, 03:26 PM
I must have missed what happened to this little one, I'll go check past threads. But...I'm so glad this little cutie is with you!! Please give that cute little forehead kisses from me. :)

carla and mike
09-08-2004, 03:30 PM
I would love Jazzcat to take him in with me having 10 already with a bad back.:D

QueenScoopalot
09-08-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by carla and mike
I would love Jazzcat to take him in with me having 10 already with a bad back.:D

Kind of a long distance to Tennesee, but transportation COULD be arranged! ;)

Grace
09-08-2004, 03:56 PM
What about Michigan?? Would he like 3 brothers and 2 sisters?

QueenScoopalot
09-08-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Grace
Grace, He loves LOVE! And needs all the love he's been craving. I'm sure he'd have no objections to having big brothers and sisters LOL! And it is closer! Moosmom is in Michigan, and I know she makes occasional trips to Conn. where Gracie and Gabriel are moving in Nov. But the one glitch is the six month quaratine. Not sure how that would work, as the white coats have to see him in five months, give him a rabies shot, then another check at the six month mark. Hmm..puttin' on the thinking cap (or are you kidding)? :confused: :D :confused:

jazzcat
09-08-2004, 04:06 PM
That sounds great Grace.

I'd love to have this little guy and Aly's Lucky and Chance but I have a feeling the one spot that might be open here will probably go to a fuzzy little teddy bear from Kimlovescats since she's only a couple hours away and Jan and Aly are more like 16+ hours away.

Grace
09-08-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
Grace, He loves LOVE! And needs all the love he's been craving. I'm sure he'd have no objections to having big brothers and sisters LOL! And it is closer! Moosmom is in Michigan, and I know she makes occasional trips to Conn. where Gracie and Gabriel are moving in Nov. But the one glitch is the six month quaratine. Not sure how that would work, as the white coats have to see him in five months, give him a rabies shot, then another check at the six month mark. Hmm..puttin' on the thinking cap (or are you kidding)? :confused: :D :confused:

I'm not really kidding, but not sure how serious I am at this moment. Does that make sense. This quarantine - does it mean he can't have contact with other cats for that amount of time - even if they have had rabies vaccinations?

QueenScoopalot
09-08-2004, 04:36 PM
I'm not really kidding, but not sure how serious I am at this moment. Does that make sense. This quarantine - does it mean he can't have contact with other cats for that amount of time - even if they have had rabies vaccinations?
I'll have to run that one by the vets, but I think if your cats are current on rabies, then it shouldn't be a problem.

aly
09-08-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by jazzcat
I'd love to have this little guy and Aly's Lucky and Chance but I have a feeling the one spot that might be open here will probably go to a fuzzy little teddy bear from Kimlovescats since she's only a couple hours away and Jan and Aly are more like 16+ hours away.

Aww :( I thought I'd eventually wear you down to take my boys! Hehe. I hope you enjoy your new kitten though. He'll definately be in one of the most loving homes he could ever hope for!

carla and mike
09-08-2004, 04:59 PM
This so great that people here on pettalk want him.With what he went thru..he shouldn't go to a shelter and make us all wonder.
:eek:

jazzcat
09-08-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by aly
Aww :( I thought I'd eventually wear you down to take my boys! Hehe.
Aly if you lived closer it would so be a done deal!!! Chance and Lucky have a very special place in my heart and always will. Is there any chance Amy is going to take them?

Carla - I agree, this guys deserves to go straight to a loving home and not a shelter. I really hope a PTer takes him so we can follow his progress and growth.