PDA

View Full Version : random act of kindness

guster girl
09-08-2004, 03:45 AM
I wouldn't call this pointless, but, I wanted to share a sweet story with everyone. :) My favorite band is called Guster. They are going to be here in Dallas on Thursday night, and, I bought my ticket and took the day off for it. There's a guy I work with and have gone out a couple of times with that knows I love the band and also knows that my niece and I were bummed because neither of us could afford a ticket for her to go with me. Well, I'd mentioned it to Corey at work, I don't know, about two weeks ago. Well, anyway, today, I was sitting at a computer in the lobby checking my private messages here and he came up and gave me a card. He said "I know it's early, but, you may wanna open it now". My birthday is the 18th. So, he walked off to go to the restroom and I opened the card. Inside was a ticket to Guster! He'd written "Now you can take your niece to the concert. Have a good time and happy birthday!" I nearly cried, I've only known this guy a couple months and we've only hung out a handful of times, always to watch movies. He came back out and I told him I thought it was one of the nicest birthday presents I'd ever received! So, yeah, I wanted to share it with you all......

Killearn Kitties
09-08-2004, 04:29 AM
That was lovely! What a kind thing to do. Hope you enjoy the concert. :)

davidpizzica
09-08-2004, 04:34 AM
He was very kind and thoughtful! I wish there were more people like him in this world.

lizzielou742
09-08-2004, 08:49 AM
WOW!!! That's SO cute!!!

Guster rocks! Hope you have a great time at the concert. Are you close to the stage? Or is it standing room only? If you're close enough, throw a Ping Pong ball onstage for me!!! ;) :D

DJFyrewolf36
09-08-2004, 09:04 AM
What a great thing to do! It's nice when people show a little kindess

guster girl
09-08-2004, 10:00 AM
I know! I was floored! This guy is very thoughtful. Up until about two weeks ago, we had the same schedule, and, we always sat together at lunch. Well, I always run late and never have cash or food on me, and, he started bringing extra of whatever he was eating so that I would be able to eat. I never asked him, he just did it.

And, no doubt, I always have a good time at Guster concerts! And, to answer the question, it's general admission, standing room only. I've never had a bad place to stand, though, I make my way to where I wanna be. And, I'm tiny, so, I fit anywhere! I plan on gettin there early, though, just to be sure. I'm so excited! And, I do plan on chucking a ping pong ball onstage! I just have to figure out something original to write on it! ;)

NoahsMommy
09-08-2004, 02:43 PM
He sounds like a really sweet guy. How lucky to get to work with someone like that.

Have fun at the concert! :)

guster girl
09-08-2004, 09:38 PM
yeah, i know, he is really sweet! yeah, as much as i am trying to find another job, i do like a lot of the people i work with. and, i'll be sure to post about the concert tomorrow or friday. i'm so excited, these guys are so incredible live!

sammy101
09-08-2004, 09:57 PM
he sounds so sweet!! it seems hard to find guys like that these days.:p

how sweet!!:D

KYS
09-08-2004, 09:59 PM
Very sweet! I enjoyed your story. :)

guster girl
09-09-2004, 04:00 AM
I'm glad y'all liked hearing about what a sweet thing he did! :)