PDA

View Full Version : Charlie's sick

thelmalu99
07-19-2001, 11:34 AM
Hi everyone,
My Charlie has not been feeling well at all. For the past two days, he has been really lethargic and vomiting after he eats. He is FeLV positive, so I'm really pulling my hair out here. He has a vet appointment for 6:30 this afternoon and this day is positively DRAGGING! I made the decision to come to work and leave early, but now I feel so guilty for leaving him. He just wants to hide under my bed, though. Last night, he got in bed with me for a while, but he really didn't seem comfortable anywhere but on the floor.
I guess I'm just rambling to try and get this off my chest because I'm so worried. I keep hoping he's not in any kind of pain, but he may be. It's so horrible when you don't know what the problem is and they have no way of telling you! :( :(

wolflady
07-19-2001, 12:08 PM
Thelma, so sorry to hear about Charlie!! Talk about nail biting anxiety!! I know how worried you must feel with him at home and you at work. I agree...sometimes I wish cats weren't so independent and stubborn when they aren't feeling well. I always feel so helpless when I don't know what's going on with my babies! Hugs and prayers for your Charlie. Let us know what happens at the vet tonight! We're thinking about you.

catwoman
07-19-2001, 01:40 PM
Thelma,

Good luck at the vet tonight. We all have our fingers crossed that Charlie will pull through and feel better soon!

Dianne

Maresche
07-19-2001, 02:12 PM
Thelmalu- Yes, we'll all be sending you "happy, get better Charlie" vibes. :rolleyes: It's terrifying when they are ill and you don't know why. Please keep us informed and think positive.

thelmalu99
07-19-2001, 02:35 PM
Thank you so much. It really means a lot to me to know that you're all pulling for him.
I have another 1/2 hour before I can get out of here, go home and pick him up and come back into Manhattan to the vet's office.
Thanks for the moral support.

AmberLee
07-19-2001, 03:06 PM
Good luck to you both. We are anxiously waiting an update.

Kitty Peon
07-19-2001, 03:43 PM
I know exactly how you feel - the anxiety - I feel it every time Cleo has a set back. I wish you all the best and hope that Charlie is OK.

4 feline house
07-19-2001, 07:48 PM
Well, it's almost 9:00 New York time, and I'm only just now logging on. I'm hoping no news is good news, and have you and Charlie in my prayers.

Pam
07-19-2001, 07:54 PM
I just read this post too. I'm hoping that you will have good news to report soon on Charlie. We'll be waiting!

Pam
07-20-2001, 06:56 AM
Thelmalu...Any word on Charlie???