PDA

View Full Version : I got a SWEET gift at work today!!!

kingrattus
09-07-2004, 08:20 PM
I'll tell u how I know the guy & then get into the story.

He rents one of the po boxes at my post office. He also is one of my best & most fav customers. He has an account with us, which means he doesn't pay everytime he mails something, he pays a total at the end of the month or every second month (depends if I'm there when he comes in).

Well he is a book author, which I learned about a month or so ago. I asked what he writes & he says about guns & the military (like how they work & what they do). He was in the RCMP until he retired & I told him Rob was in the RCMP for for 3 months on contract. He also loves old guns, WWI & WWII are his fav. I told him Rob just bought a WWI or WWII riffle, but I don't know much about it.

He then told me about his latest book, which was about snipers. I told him it was Rob's dream to be a sniper some day. Rob just finished building a $7000.00 .300 WIN MAG Sniper Riffle in the spring.

I told the guy (I know his name but I'm not saying it online) that I plan to buy that book for Rob when it comes out & want to give it to him for xmas.

Well the guy came in last sunday (he told me a week ahead of time) & was mailing off his newly printed Sniper book. It took me over 45 mins to do up his first batch of parcels. I never make him stay for this kind of thing.

Then a few hrs latter he came back with more parcels & that took me 30 mins to do.. hehehehe

I never complain & I treat him extra special, because he is very nice & so is his wife & daughtor (haven't het his son yet).

Well he was in my line up again today with some more parcels of his book. I finish sending off his parcels & mark down the info onto his account. I looked up & he set a sniper book onto the counter. I said hey is that the new sniper book?!?!

He said yes it is & its for you. I gasped & was litterly bouncing off the walls with excitement. I asked him for real, ur giving me ur new book?!?! No way!! He said yes its your & as I was thanking him like crazy & bouncing up & down I suddenly felt embarresed.
I had a line up growing & they had no idea what was going on except I was going nutz.

I peeked at the book a bit on the bus & noticed that on the first page he had one of Rob's old family friends listed (hes still Rob's friend). I knew this guy, he inported our first pistols from CHEZ for us. & he had the cuttest hunting puppy.

I was still bouncing off the walls when I got home. I showed Rob the book & he was excited about it too. He said hey look, this book itsn't to be sold until Oct!!!

I HAVE AN UNRELEASED BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I didn't tell Rob I was planning on giving it to him for xmas, cause I have falled in love with the book & want it for myself (it was given to me). I plan to tell the author I loved his book so much I kept it for me & want to buy one just for Rob.

I'm still sooo excited about this book. Its being added to my cop/law book collection.

Corinna
09-07-2004, 08:42 PM
Totally cool. How very exciting.